• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

From atheist to Christian

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dandalf, Dec 5, 2018 at 2:41 PM.

1. Dandalf

Dandalf New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Hello, my name is Daniel and I am 32 years old.

I have been an atheist for all my life. But about three months ago I found Jesus. The strange thing is is that I've realized that God has been there this whole time. Even while I was openly rejecting God, He was patiently waiting for me to come to Him. And with open arms He let me in and changed my life. I'm not saying things has gotten any easier. I still have a lot of old habits that I need to break. But now I know I have Jesus, God's grace and the Holy Spirit to guide me along this journey.

I look forward to meeting new people here and to learn from others.

Blessings!

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Shoetoyou

Shoetoyou Sinner Supporter

+2,716
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome to CF. I am glad for you that you have found Christ. I know that He was of great comfort to me in my time of need, and continues to be to this day.

3. messianist

messianist Well-Known Member Supporter

+386
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome to CF Dandalf.

4. EzekielsWheels

EzekielsWheels Well-Known Member Supporter

+558
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thanks for sharing your testimony!

5. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+241
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Welcome, Daniel! I praise God for your salvation. Glad you are here and that you are His!

6. Monna

Monna Well-Known Member

+814
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Welcome Daniel, and thanks for sharing your story with us right from the start. You've just described one of the amazing character traits of God, as shown in Jesus ... the combination of respect for your earlier decisions in rejecting him (an aspect of his love) and his (active) waiting. There's something about him taking the initiative but never being pushy or overbearing that is very appealing. I expect you will continue to experience this again, as you get to know him better. Not only has he been there all along, but it will not be surprising if he uses many of the consequences of your earlier disbeliefs to accomplish positive and constructive things in your life.

7. John 1720

John 1720 Harvest Worker Supporter

+412
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    May the Lord bless you Daniel. I too had rejected Christianity and found the Lord near the end of my military hitch. I had the same experience. God had been watching over me the whole time but I was just too blind to see His love was deeper than I could have ever imagined.
    Glad to see you on CF!

In Christ, Patrick

8. sunshine100

sunshine100 Well-Known Member

+488
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hello and welcome

9. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,232
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Wonderful testimony! Thanks for sharing and welcome to CF.