United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone,

This past spring break had unexpected trouble come my way with a good friend of mine named G. The issues started last summer when I opened up to her about my break up with my former boyfriend after she asked me why I left him.

We were all mutual friends, so I told her in detail what happened at her pool party. She is not a Christian, so when I got to the part where I told her that his step mom who hates God and Christians kept shoving the idea that we came from apes down my throat and how I didn't want her to be the teacher of my children my friend cut me off without allowing me to finish and started persecuting me for being a Christian. She was talking bad about Christians in general while allowing her friends to join in. After she stopped being so angry I finished what I was saying and she understood the situation better when I got to telling her that my future kids are allowed to learn allowed to about evolution. I just didn't want her teaching them specifically with her extreme bias. She came after my beliefs and I three times that day. She was my ride home along with one of her friends, him and I are Christians, so we were talking about Christianity. G overheard us and started yelling at us for talking about God. As she is driving me home, I mentioned Jesus and she started yelling at me again, telling me a story about how one of her Christian friends succumbed to alcoholism due to the pressure of serving in the church. This last one did hit me since, I was starting to have a struggle with alcohol after starting at my Christian university, which she did not know that I was dealing with. I quit drinking for about a year soon after this when God really convicted me for it. At the next party I'm about to discuss I told her that God used her for good ,which she took the credit for since she doesn't believe in Him, which is understandable her being a non-christian. G and I barely spoke for a year and didn't talk much the previous year either. She also stopped inviting me to all of her parties, so after this and her acting so angry with me about my beliefs I thought that we were no longer friends. I later saw her at a convention which she acted warmly towards me, so I thought that maybe things had gotten better between us.

This spring break, she invited me to another one of her parties which I was kind of surprised. I invited one of my friends J, who I had just reconnected since he moved back to town after years of being away. He also brought along his new girlfriend. I thought that maybe J knew G, but I couldn't remember if they had met and if they did I thought that they were cool with each other. J and his girlfriend show up, when G and J see each other I thought that things were fine, though J kept whispering to his girlfriend and I wasn't sure why. Later, after they left G had a lot to tell me when we all took a trip to the store. She told me that something had happened between J and her years ago, what she told me sent me into a really bad state. I became distraught due to having anxiety and having issues with it these past couple years. J later got a hold of me concerned about what may have been said at the party. He was afraid that I wasn't going to be friends with him anymore and told me a similar, but different version of what G told me. This definitely became a she said, he said situation. At the time with my anxiety and pain I really wanted to believe J. G later took this a step further by taking this to the internet and started cyerbullying my friend J for all to see. I was very upset with her for doing this. I thought about this for about a couple weeks and though I felt bad for what my friend J may have done to her, I felt like my friend G had taken things too far and had been taking other situations too far. I have also seen where sometimes there are holes in G's storeis where she isn't always telling the truth. I wondered if she told me some of these things, so that I wouldn't be friends with J many years after the situation between them may have happened. I eventually deleted her on Facebook without talking to her since we didn't talk much for two years, she bullied my friend publically for all to see, and had her friends join in on it, and I honestly felt afraid to talk to her about it , since she has shown me that she has been having anger issues. I watched a sermon by a pastor who God has used to speak into my life many times and soon after that day he said to let go of past friendships that have been bringing you down or potentially can. I felt like God was talking about G and some of her friends.

Today, she emailed me asking why I deleted her off Facebook and that she honestly really values our friendship. As I was talking to God about it again tonight , I felt like He was telling me that I shouldn't be friends with her, but I'm not totally sure. I'm also afraid of this further effecting her relationship with God who she already acts like she is mad at even though she doesn't believe in Him. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Prayers and any advice is appreciated. God bless you all.

Last edited:

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I might share some things? for your friend (girl and boy) and friends mom, and maybe for yourself?

Brother Don Patton has some excellent material (you can ignore the links internally, just stick with the video material)

See also brother Ian Juby's (aka Wazooloo) material, powerful stuff - wazooloo

See also Brother Walter J Veith's material - https://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/10/Genesis_Conflict_-_English/

Exodus - Patterns of Evidence

You might also see some material on relationship and marriage, here (powerful material, watch and pray carefully)-

Jeremiah Davis - Christian Courtship & Marriage - 03 - Thy Will Be Done Part 2

Jeremiah Davis - Christian Courtship & Marriage - 04 - Happy The Home

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I did not have time to watch the above videos, but they looked as if they would be good.

It is hard to judge the whole situation from your description, although you did a good job of telling it all. I wasn't there, in other words, but you are being persecuted, in my opinion, for your faith.

I would walk away "and shake the dust from your feet" like it says in the Bible. They are unbelievers. They have chosen to refuse God's eternal gift of salvation. There appears to be some anger toward God too. This is no place where you belong.

Get out, before G and her friends cyber-bully you!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not have time to watch the above videos, but they looked as if they would be good.

It is hard to judge the whole situation from your description, although you did a good job of telling it all. I wasn't there, in other words, but you are being persecuted, in my opinion, for your faith.

I would walk away "and shake the dust from your feet" like it says in the Bible. They are unbelievers. They have chosen to refuse God's eternal gift of salvation. There appears to be some anger toward God too. This is no place where you belong.

Get out, before G and her friends cyber-bully you!
Yeah, I definitely saw where I was being persecuted. I forgave her and felt that they didn't understand what I was getting at. After what she did to my friend though was the last straw. I read her messages the she sent me and it didn't look good. My therapist had insisted that I at least respond to give the both of us closure. I sent her a polite and firm message on how I felt that she displayed inappropriate behavior on how she treated my friend. She got even more angry, said bad things about my friend, blamed everything on me, and blocked me. I honestly felt that I could have dealt with this situation by at least messaging her first and then letting her go, but my aunt kept telling me it's best not to give her an explanation, since it could makes it worse, and everyone just wants the final word, so why give them the satisfaction? I honestly knew that no matter what I did that the outcome was inevitable and that it was just a matter of time before she noticed that I wasn't talking to her anymore whether I deleted off of facebook or not. I also didn't want to do what a different former friend did to me, which was cutting me out of her life without telling me why, which I already knew the reason which was another story which was pretty messed up. I didn't want to do that to G, but due to my anxiety I was afraid at first, so I felt pushed by my anxiety to delete her off of facebook and then it took me time to reply to her angry messages. I called J after all of this and he felt bad that all of this was happening, but I let him know that this wasn't his fault.

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is good to have Godly, wise, gentle friends who will help you grow as a Christian. G does not sounds like she is any of those things. I think it's time for new friends.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a balance of Christian and non-Christian friends. I encourage the Christian ones and preach to my non-Christian ones about Who Jesus is. I hang out with my Christian friends more often and hang out with some of my non-Christian friends sometimes. Either way, everyone seems to have a different way of having fun. If I'm not comfortable with the way people have fun I choose not to hang around them after school when they tend to do such activities.

Upvote 0