Jodi Sue

A happy mommy of three
Feb 6, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟192.00
Faith
Christian
 :confused: A friend of mine is having serious marriage problems and I'm looking for a little advice on what to tell her. First they have a 17 month old daughter and when she was 4 months old he decided he didn't want to play husband and father anymore. He left her and she moved in with her mother. During their 13 month seperation he ran around on her, had a number of apartments( some she knew about some she found out about) and was seen with a least one woman. ( unfortunatly I was the one to see them and I was the one to have to break it to her) Now he moved back in with her mom, daughter and her. the reason I believe he moved back was 1.) his car was repossed, 2.) he lost his last apartment, and 3.) I think the girlfriend dumped him because he lost his job. She took him back and said they would try to work it out. I told her that's good, if she feels she can make it work. Well it's now been almost a month and she thinks he's sneaking around again and keeping things from her. She goes thru his wallet and searches his coat pockets. I don't think this is anyway to live. I know her trust was shattered but this is crazy. She askes me for advice and I'm ready to tell her I think he should hit the door. I don't believe in divorce, but these two have some serious problems. Anyone with advice would be great.......................( her and I have been friends since fifth grade and she's like a sister)

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It sounds like your friend is in a no-win situation and is headed down a terrible path unless God intervenes.

Not to open a can of worms, but if your friend's husband is cheating on her, divorce is justified Biblically.

Your friend obviously wants her family intact but she is doing so at the cost of her integrity, her self-esteem, and her self-respect. Tell her that even if she doesn't want to break up her marriage, she has to lay down some boundaries and stand up for herself. If not for her, then remind her that her daughter sees her relationship with her husband as a basis for all her future relationships. ( What I mean is, her daughter will think it's OK for men to treat you like that)

I know because I grew up watching a mom let a no-good man walk all over my mom and married a man who used me for a doormat equally.

Just be there for your friend and listen to her and help her build up some self-esteem. And Pray pray pray for her.

Upvote 0