friend's child

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pastor's youngest child, Caleb, has been having fever seizures since he was a baby, and just had another one early Sunday morning.
This is the fifth one he's had (he's 3 years old), and the doctors believe he should have outgrown them long before now. His temperature was 102 when he had it; which isn't supposed to be high enough to cause seizures. The seizures are very difficult for him; he's disoriented, drowsy, weak, and fussy for a long time afterwards. His mother is the church pianist, and I took care of Caleb in his daddy's office while she played for the service on Sunday, and he was very weak; I mostly just carried him and walked around with him, while he laid his head and my shoulder and sometimes cried for his mommy and daddy, though he was so weak and sleepy he could barely cry.
Please pray for Caleb, that the doctors will be able to find out if he has an underlying condition causing the seizures, and prevent any more from happening.
This family is very dear to me, and they've been through an awful lot of health problems: Caleb has asthma and allergies, and just got over an infection in his hip bone; his 5-year-old brother had surgery this summer to help with complications from a birth defect, and had stitches twice last summer; his 7-year-old sister has been having tests for potentially serious problems with her kidneys and heart; his father, our pastor, has a digestive conditon, allergies, and has had episodes of depression; and his mother had surgery this summer, and was just diagnoses with another problem.

Thanks!
Caleb has a test Thursday morning that requires him to sleep through it, and they are not allowed to let him fall asleep once he wakes up from his nap on Wednesday until 9:00 Thursday morning.
This is going to be very hard, to keep a sick toddler up that long, and also to keep two exhausted parents up for over 24 hours.

Upvote 0

Snor Snor

Servant of Jesus Christ
Feb 14, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟524.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by ph
Thanks!
Caleb has a test Thursday morning that requires him to sleep through it, and they are not allowed to let him fall asleep once he wakes up from his nap on Wednesday until 9:00 Thursday morning.
This is going to be very hard, to keep a sick toddler up that long, and also to keep two exhausted parents up for over 24 hours.

Have faith, and believe God will give them the energy and patience and things like that for Caleb.

I'm sending up a prayer!

God bless!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.