• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Friend loss

Discussion in 'Memorials & Grief Support' started by friendl, Apr 23, 2019.

1. friendl

friendl New Member

+15
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Greens
    Hi,

I lost a friend back in April 2017. We were close, I knew him for 25 years.

2 years on I still think about him a lot, and miss him, and the chats we use to have. He was my closest friend, my other friends live a lot further away from me and we're not close.

How can I get over this?
    How can I tell God to help on this matter through prayers?

Regards
    Lee

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+26,013
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's hard to completely 'get over' a death of a loved one. My friend's only child and son died two months ago at age 24. He and his wife are still devastated. People kept telling him "it will take time." I spoke to him several times as he lives quite a distance away and told him "no, you will not get over this completely, but you will move on with the scars."

3. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Member

+274
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I’m sorry to hear that. My friend was rushed to the hospital last summer after a fall at sea. She got a call from her ex and fell into the water while she was on the boat that was moored up, working. The news was too much for her. They were still married at the time. Sadly she didn’t survive. As the one year mark approaches I have been thinking of her. I remember the fun times I have had with her over the years before her death.

4. Joined2krist

Joined2krist Active Member

+256
    Catholic
    Single
    You'll get over it. I was reading a passage in Matthew 7, it says "I assure you that many will come from the east and west and sit down with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob at the feast in the Kingdom of heaven"

This means Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are still alive! they might have died in the flesh but their souls are alive! many will join them at the feast in God's kingdom, this includes your friend and all believers who are still living or those that are already dead in the flesh.

God bless

5. Neckelehamiah

Neckelehamiah Witness Supporter

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    US-Libertarian
    The first step to healing is understanding this: Healing is not a destination, it is an ongoing process.

The pain will always be there, it just becomes easier to deal with over time.

Truth is, only time can heal this pain.

But in the meantime, if you ever need to talk or want a distraction, feel free to send a message my way. I'm here for you :)