Frenzied Mob almost found VP Pence (to kill him)

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A frenzied mob of pro-Trump insurrections that breached the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6 came perilously close to confronting Mike Pence and his family, according to a report by the Washington Post, as the vice president was rushed into a room off the Senate floor approximately 60 seconds before the rioters charged onto a landing that was less than 100 feet from the office where Pence, his wife, and his daughter were in hiding.
Before the protest, pro-Trump extremists had posted online about their intentions to kill Pence due to his refusal to indulge President Trump’s desire to overturn the election. ...
Report: Capitol Mob Came Within 100 Feet Of Pence

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once the mob breached the Capitol building, one of the dozens of Trump supporters roaming the Capitol halls asked, "Where are they?" The Associated Press reports. At that point, the lawmakers were crouching on the floor of the House chamber or under tables, hiding out in secure locations, or sheltering in their offices, praying and telling their loved ones they were alive. At about 2:00 p.m., Vice President Mike Pence and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) were evacuated from the Senate, and police cleared the chamber about half an hour later.

"At 2:24 p.m., after Mr. Trump tweeted that Mr. Pence 'didn't have the courage to do what should have been done,' dozens of messages on Gab called for those inside the Capitol building to hunt down the vice president," the Times reports. "In videos uploaded to the channel, protesters could be heard chanting 'Where is Pence?'"

'Where is Pence?' Pro-Trump mob tried to hunt down vice president, lawmakers in Capitol siege.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Until this report my limited respect for Pence was going up. There is no way I would ahve taken my wife and kid into that building on that day unless it was to get them to a bunker type secure area.
I think it's all so surprising that it's taking most people (the wider nation) days to mentality grasp it, to see what is right in front of our eyes.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The frenzied mob of pro-Trump insurrectionists were heard chanting "HANG MIKE PENCE!"

A Reuters photographer says he overheard pro-Trump insurrectionists saying they wanted to hang Mike Pence at the Capitol. Below is the noose that was erected outside of the Capitol building.

341410_6313d04429dfede87895ec5037d83e1c.png

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The frenzied mob of pro-Trump insurrectionists were heard chanting "HANG MIKE PENCE!"

A Reuters photographer says he overheard pro-Trump insurrectionists saying they wanted to hang Mike Pence at the Capitol. Below is the noose that was erected outside of the Capitol building.

341410_6313d04429dfede87895ec5037d83e1c.png
Yeah...

For a time in the last 9 days it could seem that chant "hang Mike Pence" was just spontaneous crowd egging-themselves-on, bravado, bad stuff, but they're not really out to physically harm him... but politically just to intimidate or make an impression.

But...now... it's more clear how extreme and mentally in a different place they are...

...beating the police extensively.... they were brutally attacking the police for a long time.

Reactions: Guinan
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Once the mob breached the Capitol building, one of the dozens of Trump supporters roaming the Capitol halls asked, "Where are they?" The Associated Press reports. At that point, the lawmakers were crouching on the floor of the House chamber or under tables, hiding out in secure locations, or sheltering in their offices, praying and telling their loved ones they were alive. At about 2:00 p.m., Vice President Mike Pence and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) were evacuated from the Senate, and police cleared the chamber about half an hour later.

"At 2:24 p.m., after Mr. Trump tweeted that Mr. Pence 'didn't have the courage to do what should have been done,' dozens of messages on Gab called for those inside the Capitol building to hunt down the vice president," the Times reports. "In videos uploaded to the channel, protesters could be heard chanting 'Where is Pence?'"

'Where is Pence?' Pro-Trump mob tried to hunt down vice president, lawmakers in Capitol siege.
Another case of attempted obstruction of justice, as if Pence should not have certified Biden in an effort to prevent due process of the law. DC is armed and ready to defend Biden’s inauguration. It reminds me of the heavy military presence in DC after the Pentagon was attacked on 9-11-2001. There were military helicopters in the air the night Bush went from the White House to Capitol Hill to discuss declaration of war against Al Qaeda terrorists.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
A frenzied mob of pro-Trump insurrections that breached the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6 came perilously close to confronting Mike Pence and his family, according to a report by the Washington Post, as the vice president was rushed into a room off the Senate floor approximately 60 seconds before the rioters charged onto a landing that was less than 100 feet from the office where Pence, his wife, and his daughter were in hiding.
Before the protest, pro-Trump extremists had posted online about their intentions to kill Pence due to his refusal to indulge President Trump’s desire to overturn the election. ...
Report: Capitol Mob Came Within 100 Feet Of Pence
Very curious, if anyone but republican related people did this, they would have been gunned down as terrorists.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But...now... it's more clear how extreme and mentally in a different place they are...

...beating the police extensively.... they were brutally attacking the police for a long time.

And let us be clear, these are Trump supporters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Scary stuff. I don't even like Pence all that much and I think his handling as the head of the Coronavirus Task force has been atrocious but this is just insane. This has become a full blown insurgency that's developed in the US with some of the right wing nuts who think they can take the law into their own hands.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very curious, if anyone but republican related people did this, they would have been gunned down as terrorists.
Hmmm maybe. One officer said the police were so outnumbered in the beginning times they were afraid to draw guns.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And let us be clear, these are Trump supporters.
Yes, though some violent right in and of themselves, they are attached to trump at this time it seems.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm maybe. One officer said the police were so outnumbered in the beginning times they were afraid to draw guns.
Oh it was only the police.

Which is why the military is stationed there now.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's all so surprising that it's taking most people (the wider nation) days to mentality grasp it, to see what is right in front of our eyes.
As if the attempt against Gov. Whitmer wasn't sufficient to dispel the notion that right-wing militias were not dangerous to a stable democracy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scary stuff. I don't even like Pence all that much and I think his handling as the head of the Coronavirus Task force has been atrocious but this is just insane. This has become a full blown insurgency that's developed in the US with some of the right wing nuts who think they can take the law into their own hands.
Is it farfetched to think that Trump intended for the violence to get so out of hand that he would be "forced" (wink, wink) to declare martial law? It is not over yet as we are on high alert that more violence is planned by insurrectionists at all 50 state capitals.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

....and had they arrived in that hallway 60 seconds earlier, the Secret Service would have put an end to their progress with deadly force [assuming the VP had a secret service detail with him].

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it farfetched to think that Trump intended for the violence to get so out of hand that he would be "forced" (wink, wink) to declare martial law? It is not over yet as we are on high alert that more violence is planned by insurrectionists at all 50 state capitals.
I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt but at this point I think he’s truly capable of anything. He delights in the chaos he creates.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
As if the attempt against Gov. Whitmer wasn't sufficient to dispel the notion that right-wing militias were not dangerous to a stable democracy.

I am pretty sure it wasn't just the right-wing militias calling to Liberate Michigan.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am pretty sure it wasn't just the right-wing militias calling to Liberate Michigan.
True, but they're the ones who answered the clarion call to action from the leader of our nation.

Upvote 0