Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟115,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Liberation idees)
Derniers indicateurs inversés, mais pas les moindres, j’ai nommé le New York Times et le Washington Post. Ces organes de la bien-pensance américaine peinent à prendre la mesure de la symbolique du meurtre de l’enseignant de Conflans. Une fois encore, ils manifestent leur souci d’éradiquer l’exception sociétale gauloise. Ils ne cessent de vouloir la faire rentrer dans les ordres de leur puritanisme déguisé en progressisme inclusif. Et voilà comment tout cela a fini par faire de moi ce que je n’aurais jamais pensé devenir, un Français fier de l’être.

Machine translation:
Last but not least, I named the New York Times and the Washington Post. These organs of American self-righteousness are struggling to grasp the symbolism of the murder of the teacher in Conflans. Once again, they show their concern to eradicate the Gallic societal exception. They are constantly trying to bring it into line with their puritanism disguised as inclusive progressivism. And this is how all this ended up making me what I never thought I would become, a proud Frenchman.

Do US journalists (and Americans) need to recognise that France is different?

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There is a plausible view that the difference is recognised, but to those journalists (and Americans) different means wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Vanellus
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Liberation idees)
Derniers indicateurs inversés, mais pas les moindres, j’ai nommé le New York Times et le Washington Post. Ces organes de la bien-pensance américaine peinent à prendre la mesure de la symbolique du meurtre de l’enseignant de Conflans. Une fois encore, ils manifestent leur souci d’éradiquer l’exception sociétale gauloise. Ils ne cessent de vouloir la faire rentrer dans les ordres de leur puritanisme déguisé en progressisme inclusif. Et voilà comment tout cela a fini par faire de moi ce que je n’aurais jamais pensé devenir, un Français fier de l’être.

Machine translation:
Last but not least, I named the New York Times and the Washington Post. These organs of American self-righteousness are struggling to grasp the symbolism of the murder of the teacher in Conflans. Once again, they show their concern to eradicate the Gallic societal exception. They are constantly trying to bring it into line with their puritanism disguised as inclusive progressivism. And this is how all this ended up making me what I never thought I would become, a proud Frenchman.

This beheading of teacher who was teaching his pupils to think by yet another Islamist nut case,followed incidents of a woman in a skirt being assaulted by Islamists and called a harlot. Macron is right to act to defend freedom of religion. The media are scared of Islamists , scared of the repercusions of saying it like it is about them. The EU was supportive of France as was Britain in denouncing this. There is no need to claim any French exception, this is just plain wrong and this evil cannot be allowed to stand

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do Americans understand how important laicite is to the French?

The French revolution was in many ways anti God, marginalising the church in France to the private sphere ever since. French secularism is not something religious Europeans, like myself, nor many religious Americans, have time for. Liberal Americans will think you should be inclusive and tone down anti Islam rhetoric. Religious Americans will split into 2 camps some liking separation of church and state and seeing similarities and others taking opportunity to debunk rival to Christianity. I like many Muslims see French secularism as some sort of godless abstraction latched on to the their notion of being French.

The point here for me is that freedom of religion is important and this Islamist terrorist committed murder. Laicite is not the point.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you missed the point. I'm not saying laicite isn't secular, I'm saying some Americans can't accept that France is different.

Every country thinks it is exceptional. But murder is still murder and good and evil still clear.

Upvote 0