Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ordered French Onion Soup from the Packing House Restaurant in Galesburg, Illinois. It was out of this world. I want to learn to make French onion soup. Does anyone have a recipe they have used and are happy with it?

Thank you,

Lonnie

Hi lonnie,

When I used to make it, you merely slice up 4 or 5 med. size onions. Sautee in butter or margerine for a few minutes and then add a beef broth and simmer for 30 min. or so. Of course, you can salt and pepper to taste and add whatever other spices you might like to make it your own. A little curry goes good with about anything.

However, as with about any recipe, people have different tastes as to what is best to them. Google some recipes and try a few. It isn't particularly hard to make except for the peeling and slicing the onions part. The more pungent the onions, the more tears will be shed.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: AlonzoJahue
Upvote 0

samiradedas

May 31, 2017
London
✟7,703.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi lonnie,

When I used to make it, you merely slice up 4 or 5 med. size onions. Sautee in butter or margerine for a few minutes and then add a beef broth and simmer for 30 min. or so. Of course, you can salt and pepper to taste and add whatever other spices you might like to make it your own. A little curry goes good with about anything.

However, as with about any recipe, people have different tastes as to what is best to them. Google some recipes and try a few. It isn't particularly hard to make except for the peeling and slicing the onions part. The more pungent the onions, the more tears will be shed.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
This actually sounds pretty easy to do. I also googled some recipes. Guess I'll have french onion soup for dinner today. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0