Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I started learning French Recipes, a couple of months ago.

Chef Jean Pierre and the French Cooking Acadamy on YouTube, have been my
go to sources.

I'm eating like a king and still losing weight and lowering my blood sugar.
French cooking involves lots of butter and cream and of course, wine to go
with the meal.

The big difference I've seen is that portion sizes are smaller than what average American
eats.

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
French cooking is good to learn, and is not difficult. I studied Escoffier, who was famous for transforming French cuisine, and have cooked many French dishes. Jean Pierre is fun to watch, and he always demonstrates good basic classical techniques, but puts way too much tomato product in his veal/beef stock for my liking. Boeuf Bourguignon is very simple to make, and relatively healthy.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
French cooking is good to learn, and is not difficult. I studied Escoffier, who was famous for transforming French cuisine, and have cooked many French dishes. Jean Pierre is fun to watch, and he always demonstrates good basic classical techniques, but puts way too much tomato product in his veal/beef stock for my liking. Boeuf Bourguignon is very simple to make, and relatively healthy.
Escoffier’s Poulet Sauté Alice from the French Cooking Acadamy was excellent. I've made it twice now.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Escoffier’s Poulet Sauté Alice from the French Cooking Acadamy was excellent. I've made it twice now.

It looks delicious! That is French cuisine in a nutshell....simple yet elegant.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0