1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Freemason Handshake? Pope Francis and Nancy Pelosi Display Odd Handshake

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by JM, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+6,881
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Yeah I did see some other styles etc. I don't make into Philly very often, I hate big city traffic, parking, etc. but I want to check it out on my next family and friends outing. Valley Forge is on the way there, and we already talked of going there sometime.

2. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,695
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    People all over the world go and see the pyramids at least once in their life, they are one of the 7 wonders of the world... there's really nothing sinister about history or architecture... in fact, one of the great sayings we have is that those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. I for one am not one to tear down reminders of the past, or sweeping them under the rug. There is too much to be gained from learning from our past, and in Egyptian art there is much to remind the Christian of our God and our faith, when one sees it with a Christian heart and Biblical knowledge. Pharaoh represents all that man is and can be apart from God, and we know that before a Holy God, that is less than nothing.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  3. Sword of the Lord

Sword of the Lord In need of a physician.

+7,708
    United States
    Christian
    Engaged
    Y'all Masons can keep it all for yourselves

4. Pavel Mosko

+6,881
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Um I only commuted 180+ miles round trip for 2 years going every week in 79-81, sometimes twice a week unless sick to the nearest WELS church since my parents considered the ELCA in my hometown too liberal.... And that was when the legal speed limit was 55 mph (2 hours each direction if you stuck to the speed limit). So this reasoning is spurious.

5. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+8,424
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    On what basis do you dismiss testimonies like the one below ???

In 1961, prior to accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, I was approached very subtly and asked: ‘What do you think about Freemasonry?’ My answer demonstrated ignorance on the subject. I mentioned believing that only morally good people and devout Christians belonged to the lodge (an opinion and false concept shared by a large segment of the Church today). I was then indirectly asked to consider joining the Freemasons. The reasons for my deciding to seek membership were based on the mystery, intrigue and secrecy involved, as well as the fact that many in my church, along with the minister, were members of the Freemasons.

Three lodge members visited me to investigate my character. A friendly conversation evolved, including the following questions:

‘Were you ever convicted of a crime?’

‘What church do you attend?’

‘What are your interests?’

‘Are you married or divorced?’

The vote and acceptance for my initiation into the first three degrees of Freemasonry occurred in May, 1961. Six months later, I was asked to become an officer of the lodge.

In 1963, I was petitioned and accepted into the Royal Arch chapter of Masons, Royal and Select Masters or Council, and Knights Templar or Commandery. Shortly thereafter, I joined the Shrine (A.A.O.N.M.S.). Following seven years of progression from one office to another called chairs, I was installed as Worshipful Master of the lodge. This was done only after completing exhaustive memory work and being examined and elected. My installation as Worshipful Master of a Baltimore lodge took place in January, 1968.

During the process of moving through the various chairs (office to office), God opened my eyes to the deceptions of Freemasonry. An awareness of my own spiritual condition resulted.

One evening following a meeting, the Chaplain closed his prayers with the phrase, ‘in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ’. An objection was given to this closing. Usually a universal quotation from the Masonic Manual (blue book) is given at the beginning and end of all prayers. I was shocked by this objection. I always thought wherever God is worshipped and reverenced, even in the lodge room, a prayer should never exclude His Son, Jesus Christ.

A second indication of deception surfaced during the year I was installed as Worshipful Master. By appointment, I visited the Grand Lodge of Maryland and requested a Christian flag be placed next to my chair in the lodge room. The Grand Master refused on the grounds that such a flag would offend our Jewish, Moslem, and Hindu members. This incident was very upsetting. My faith in Masonry was fading.

Two years later in October, 1970, God’s conviction was heavy upon me as a sinner. I repented and asked Jesus to forgive me for having rejected Him. That night in my living room I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. This experience, combined with intense Bible study for the next two years, convinced me to renounce Freemasonry and all its branches in May, 1972.

God has since opened many doors of opportunity to witness in churches, on radio and in a seminary, impressing upon believers the dangers of Freemasonry. The foundational doctrine of the Christian faith contrast Freemasonry and its associated teachings, all of which are based upon ancient pagan and satanic rituals. Is it any wonder that some of Christendom’s spiritual giants such as Moody, Finney, Torrey, Barnhouse and Rice have vigorously opposed Freemasonry?

My goal is to inform all Christians of the danger of committing themselves by oath to this satanic cult. ‘Once a Mason, always a Mason’, is the intended result when one obligates himself to Masonry. However, it is important to consider God’s Word, which says: ‘If the Son, therefore, shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed’ (John 8:36).

Freemasonry is one of Satan’s master deceptions. Many ministers, elders, deacons, trustees and Sunday School teachers belong to this cult. There is a tremendous need to scrutinize the cultic nature of Freemasonry in view of its infiltration into the Church and the negative effects which result. It should be exposed to the true light of God’s redeeming Word.

Jack Harris

From: Jack Harris, Freemasonry: The invisible cult in our midst, Whitaker House, printed in USA 1983, pages 8-11

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,638
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Was it a Masonic handshake? I doubt it, but maybe.

Wouldn't they have been more secretive with a secret handshake if they were both Masons though? There is no claim, specious or otherwise, that Pelosi is a Mason.

What I suspect is that Nancy Pelosi just wanted to hang on as long as she could so the photographers would be sure to get the picture. She is facing a battle with her own archbishop, who wants to restrict her from communion because of her pro-abortion activism. Being all buddy buddy with pope Francis strengthens her hand against her archbishop.

As to current Masonic influence in the Vatican, it's likely. Taylor Marshall did a moderately convincing book called 'Infiltration' about people with agendas playing a long game to destroy Christianity.

And with pope Francis, who knows what's going on with him. One could ask why he is all buddy buddy with a pro-abortion activist. He should have been briefed on her abortion activism and her troubles with her archbishop.

7. chevyontheriver

+13,638
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Are you a Mason?

8. chevyontheriver

+13,638
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    On the next viewing of this I think it's very clear Nancy Pelosi is grubbing for every moment with pope Francis to use against her archbishop. I don't see much more than that. She is a rabid pro-abortion politician who lectures her archbishop on how abortion is fully Catholic. She also had an engagement to read the second reading at a mass in the Vatican. Huh?

My only question is why pope Francis sees fit to endorse her. But then I can't figure out Francis at all. He seems to be trolling archbishop Cordelione, he, Cordelione who is a good and faithful plain old Catholic.

9. Pavel Mosko

+6,881
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    :) Yeah the previous pope's resignation really saved her. I only wonder what would have happened if he stayed around and dealt with her a second time (It seemed like she got her formal warning by him clarifying the Church's position on abortion which she had denied in various interviews). Would she avoided going to church for a number of years until she retired from politics? Or maybe she might leave Catholicism for ECUSA or another liberal Anglican/Episcopal Church....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  10. SongOnTheWind

SongOnTheWind Well-Known Member

+375
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    How would you know? They obviously wouldn't want people to find out.

11. SongOnTheWind

SongOnTheWind Well-Known Member

+375
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    God does say that our sin will find us out. If God wants to expose something He will, and we are far from perfect and infallible, however careful we may want to be.

12. Abaxvahl

Abaxvahl Well-Known Member

+737
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    By the very fact that he is the Pope.

13. chevyontheriver

+13,638
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    A rational Catholicism would have traded her to the Anglicans/Episcopalians years ago. Kind of like a baseball player trade. One can only surmise that many in power in the Catholic Church rather prefer the changes she represents in that direction. She is not shy about lecturing the Catholic Church about which way it should go.

14. chevyontheriver

+13,638
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    True. The truth eventually comes out. But it could well be that it was just an odd and awkward handshake. The handshake is insignificant to me compared to what it said by even having the meeting at all. To me, the pope did the equivalent of stabbing archbishop Cordelione in the back. What he effectively said was that pro-abortion Catholicism is A-OK. Without having to actually say those words. Which of course would be impossible for a pope to actually say.

15. Pavel Mosko

+6,881
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    lol yeah I'm really amazed at the Chutzpah! I think popes of earlier centuries would have had her excommunicated a long time ago.

16. chevyontheriver

+13,638
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Yes, except that it’s her bishop’s job to do that and not the pope’s job.

This mess was made by cardinal McCarrick, the child molesting finally defrocked cardinal of Washington DC. Cardinal Ratzinger sent him a letter saying of course such pro-abortion politicians shouldn’t be receiving communion. McCarrick pocketed the letter. The USCCB never acted on the letter. Just one more instance of how everything McCarrick touched turned to lead and not gold.

17. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+32,331
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    Before I take a look at your post, Carl, could you take this to some other forum? This one can be fairly strict about non-Catholics posting.

18. Michie

Michie Standing by the Ukraine. Supporter

+49,719
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  19. Michie

Michie Standing by the Ukraine. Supporter

+49,719
    United States
    Catholic