Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Firstly, the topic of this thread isn't about confiscating the wealth of some people in order to give it to other people
I will say this--

Worker Protection laws might be tangentially or marginally related to the topic. I thought of putting it that way while typing the previous post--just so the nit-pickers didn't get offended.

And, redistributing the wealth of the rich to the poor is only a summary of the intentions of the writer of The Guardian article that is the subject of the thread.

The fantasy and the tired propaganda lines he spins out are obviously intended to sugar-coat his actual message, and any poster here is free to go with that wording and that subterfuge if it pleases. However, the rest of us are free to discuss its real meaning.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
I will say this--

Worker Protection laws might be tangentially or marginally related to the topic. I thought of putting it that way while typing the previous post--just so the nit-pickers didn't get offended.

And, redistributing the wealth of the rich to the poor is only a summary of the intentions of the writer of The Guardian article that is the subject of the thread.

The fantasy and the tired propaganda lines he spins out are obviously intended to sugar-coat his actual message, and any poster here is free to go with that wording and that subterfuge if it pleases. However, the rest of us are free to discuss its real meaning.

No, redistributing the wealth of the rich to the poor is your interpretation of the article. The propaganda continues to reside with the capitalists in the absurd notion that by allowing the wealthy to confiscate even more of the productivity of the laborers, all will be better off.

You can discuss what you'd like, but trying to dictate the confines of the discussion to your flawed interpretation of the article is absolute nonsense.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, redistributing the wealth of the rich to the poor is your interpretation of the article.

That's right. And being able to see through the propaganda in order to reach the real purpose of the article is important, no matter whom the reader may be.

Upvote 0