London, UK
✟822,987.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is Islam opposed to freedom of speech and are the established authorities and media aiding them in stifling free speech in the UK and Europe?

There are a number of reasons to suspect that Muslims do not want a free debate and are actively trying to shut that debate down.

1) EDUCATION: As many as 2 decades ago I was warned not to criticise Islam as an Religious Education Teacher in the British school system for fear of provoking racism against Muslim students. No such similar warnings were given when I produced critical discussion worksheets on Christianity and on Atheism for example. If anything the situation is far worse now than then. The rewriting of history to describe the First Crusade as an act of aggression rather than a response to 400 years of Muslim aggression for example

2) MEDIA: The case of Tommy Robinson recently highlighted in FoxNews is a case in point of suppression of freedom of speech and abuse of the courts. Mr Robinson is neither a racist nor unlike many members of the Labour party an anti-Semite but he is repeatedly accused of hate crimes for criticising Islam and recently spent 2 months in solitary confinements as a result of the machinations of a kangaroo court inside the UK.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5817330682001/

https://tommyrobinson.online/2018/03/asking-parliament-can-we-talk-about-islam/

Mr Robinson had his Twitter account cancelled for suggesting that Islam supported killing non Muslims. However Hamas and Hezbollah are still free to preach the same message on Twitter!

3) Mohammed Cartoons/Charlie Hebdo: Several years ago the Mohammed cartoons were a perfect example of how Muslims tried to shut down the debate about Islam by threats.

4) SILENCE ON CRIMES: There are innumerable examples of rape, child abuse, wife beating and support for terrorism in the Muslim community that are not being given the weight they deserve in the Muslim world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-15256764
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/telford-and-the-left/
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/britains-heart-of-darkness/

Many suspect that the political elite in Europe have no real clue as to the reality on the ground in working class communities who live with Muslims and interact with them daily. They believe that Islam is a religion of peace because they only interact with the silver tongued high class Muslims. Whether it is fear, dishonesty, antiChristianity, a complicity in money laundering of various corrupt Muslim leaders, the oil economy or whatever that has kept this elite so blind to the faults of Muslims in our midst for so long is a matter of discussion also. It could just be that the same hostilities towards the working class that were present in the BREXIT debate are also present in the class division over how to treat Islam and discuss Islam.

Given the above realities is Islam a religion that permits free discussion or not?

Last edited:

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Islam opposed to freedom of speech
Yes. No doubt of that.
As many as 2 decades ago I was warned not to criticise Islam as an Religious Education Teacher in the British school system for fear of provoking racism against Muslim students. No such similar warnings were given when I produced critical discussion worksheets on Christianity and on Atheism for example.
I don't believe that any Christian or Atheist strapped on a bomb vest and blew themselves up, intending to take out as many bystanders as they could. Muslims have done that frequently.
Given the above realities is Islam a religion that permits free discussion or not?
NOT.

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Is Islam opposed to freedom of speech and are the established authorities and media aiding them in stifling free speech in the UK and Europe?
There are hundreds and thousands of books, lectures,,,, and religious books criticizing everything in Islam starting of profit Mohamed, Quran, practicing

There are a number of reasons to suspect that Muslims do not want a free debate and are actively trying to shut that debate down.

1) EDUCATION: As many as 2 decades ago I was warned not to criticise Islam as an Religious Education Teacher in the British school system for fear of provoking racism against Muslim students. No such similar warnings were given when I produced critical discussion worksheets on Christianity and on Atheism for example. If anything the situation is far worse now than then. The rewriting of history to describe the First Crusade as an act of aggression rather than a response to 400 years of Muslim aggression for example
Islam didn't stop you from criticizing Islam but provoking closed minded British Christians not Muslims
What a free man you're !!!!
You're brave enough to critisize Christinity and Atheism.
The Question is "Did you criticize Judaism at that time?"
Much more important question to the free world (as you like to call) in Europe and America : Can you criticize Holocaust even academically ?

What a free world ???
2) MEDIA: The case of Tommy Robinson recently highlighted in FoxNews is a case in point of suppression of freedom of speech and abuse of the courts. Mr Robinson is neither a racist nor unlike many members of the Labour party an anti-Semite but he is repeatedly accused of hate crimes for criticising Islam and recently spent 2 months in solitary confinements as a result of the machinations of a kangaroo court inside the UK.

Mr Robinson had his Twitter account cancelled for suggesting that Islam supported killing non Muslims. However Hamas and Hezbollah are still free to preach the same message on Twitter!
BIG LIE
Tommy was jailed not because talking about Islam he was jailed because " contempt of court "
The judge activated a three-month sentence for a previous contempt of court offence that had been suspended by another judge in Canterbury on the condition that Robinson committed no further crimes.
Judge Marson added 10 months for the new offence
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-grooming-gangs-muslim-protest-a8472566.html

3) Mohammed Cartoons/Charlie Hebdo: Several years ago the Mohammed cartoons were a perfect example of how Muslims tried to shut down the debate about Islam by threats.
There is a difference between criticizing Islam and insult and sarcasm Its signs and holy artifacts
We don't accept insult and sarcasm with Islamic holy artifacts and any other religions as well
4) SILENCE ON CRIMES: There are innumerable examples of rape, child abuse, wife beating and support for terrorism in the Muslim community that are not being given the weight they deserve in the Muslim world.

These are free world community diseases Muslims living there are part of it.
I wish I could find statics, It wouldn't be a surprise for me that the lowest level of such crimes is in the among Muslims

Many suspect that the political elite in Europe have no real clue as to the reality on the ground in working class communities who live with Muslims and interact with them daily. They believe that Islam is a religion of peace because they only interact with the silver tongued high class Muslims. Whether it is fear, dishonesty, antiChristianity, a complicity in money laundering of various corrupt Muslim leaders, the oil economy or whatever that has kept this elite so blind to the faults of Muslims in our midst for so long is a matter of discussion also. It could just be that the same hostilities towards the working class that were present in the BREXIT debate are also present in the class division over how to treat Islam and discuss Islam.

That's it "so blind to the faults of Muslims in our midst "
You're treating Muslims as source of danger not as part of community. They should be treated differently, should be watched, should change their minds, should change their religion, their Quran....
And you call yourself free world and sometimes liberals

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟822,987.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are hundreds and thousands of books, lectures,,,, and religious books criticizing everything in Islam starting of profit Mohamed, Quran, practicing

True but much of this is the product of a culture in which freedom was established hundreds of years ago. The extent to which this shared by Islam should be shared by extensive critical literature within Islam itself. But this is mainly lacking

Islam didn't stop you from criticizing Islam but provoking closed minded British Christians not Muslims

Actually true. This was a false response by liberal Anglo Catholics in the school where I taught to the growing presence of Muslims in British schools. This was not the response of the Muslim community themselves. Indeed I even had extensive debates with Muslims inside a mosque at the time without being lynched and despite what I was saying. Also I had regular discussions about the Quran with one of the Muslims I lived with.

Yes I have absolute freedom to criticise Christianity and Atheism in this country. There was some bravery involved in my PhD on an atheist thinker as everybody disagreed with me in my atheist run department populated with the occasional liberal Christian. Taking the positions I did I probably committed intellectual suicide as a result. But that worked out as I am paid more now outside the academic world than I would have earnt inside it.

I support the state of Israel and think God has a special place for the Jews in His plan for biblical reasons. But that does not make me uncritical of Judaism and especially of those who purport to know God but have not accepted the Messiah Jesus. There are a great many posts on these forums where I have criticised these. But at the time no I never got to my Jewish worksheet before they summoned me to my tribunal for my Muslim one.

Much more important question to the free world (as you like to call) in Europe and America : Can you criticize Holocaust even academically ?

What is there to criticise about the holocaust. I have been to Auschwitz and live in Germany now. There is no denying what happened and there are too many witnesses to that to be remotely credible in doing so.

What a free world ???

BIG LIE
Tommy was jailed not because talking about Islam he was jailed because " contempt of court "
The judge activated a three-month sentence for a previous contempt of court offence that had been suspended by another judge in Canterbury on the condition that Robinson committed no further crimes.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-grooming-gangs-muslim-protest-a8472566.html

He read a public access BBC article about the case outside the court room and was arrested for it. Then he was transferred to a Muslim majority prison where he was in solitary confinement for 2 months. Muslims spat and passed excrement down to his cell window and he was forced to shut it permanently.

There is a difference between criticizing Islam and insult and sarcasm Its signs and holy artifacts
We don't accept insult and sarcasm with Islamic holy artifacts and any other religions as well

What does it mean to not accept though. Does it mean you have a right to blow someone up, or does it mean you simply stop taking a person seriously.

I wish I could find statics, It wouldn't be a surprise for me that the lowest level of such crimes is in the among Muslims

Such statistics seem to be very hard to come by as until Rotheram there was very little transparency in the Muslim community and the authorities if anything were complicit in a cover up. It is imperfect people like Tommy that have been instrumental in blowing the lid off this cover up.

You're treating Muslims as source of danger not as part of community. They should be treated differently, should be watched, should change their minds, should change their religion, their Quran....

There were 4 significant Muslim Terror incidents in the UK last year alone. A great many others were foiled before they happened. You are a danger as a community and your community is complicit in hiding many with terrorist sympathies

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What a free world ???

BIG LIE

How many of those books are allowed into strict sharia law countries like Saudi or Iran? Criticizing the Holocaust happens so often in the West it’s become normal you may even pick up a book which denies the Holocaust in any American or European book store. People insult Christianity every day of the week, we don’t care, we don’t go around with swords and say let’s crusade the infidels who vilify our Lord Jesus. Also any form of criticism of Islam is taken as insult by Muslims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I

What a free world ???

BIG LIE

I agree with what you say about community, a person is a person is a person, good, bad or indifferent, whatever religion or group they are affiliated with. I do think though that Muslims and the communities they live in would ultimately benefit from more open ended academic/theological discussion. Over the last 500 years or so the Bible has been examined and re-examined every which way, individual words and whole manuscripts pored over and subjected to every kind of scrutiny and criticism. This means that anyone interested no longer has to rely on ideas generated from within only one or another strict school of thought, but can form a well rounded and realistic understanding of how the Bible was put together, what the historical context adds to that understanding, how different parts of the bible related to the time they were written and the present and so on. There is a great deal written in criticism of the Koran but there is also ongoing resistance on the part of Islamic theologians to a more thorough examination of fundamental claims about it, outside of the context of their own schools of thought. This doesn’t really foster understanding and harmony, particularly when in some parts of the Islamic world pretty much instant aggression is inculcated as an accepted response to even the suggestion of criticism - e.g the Islamic prof who was defenstrated some years back (in Saudi Arabia I think) by his students after suggesting that another work of Arabic poetry might be equal to the Koran in purely literary merit. None of the students were punished, and that’s hardly the only example of a violent response to even mild criticism or questioning of the Koran or Mohammed. Caginess over more dubious claims about the Koran and the unconvincing explanations about some of Mohammed’s more violent or otherwise disturbing actions creates mistrust. Freer public debate without the fear of reprisal would ease some of the existing tension, I think. A similar way of thinking led to all kinds of abuses within Christianity throughout the medieval period. A tightly controlled, aggressively defended position on biblical interpretations played some part in many people learning to hate religion and to be suspicious of the religious. Open discussion can have the opposite effect.
I can list the particular issues I have in mind with the Koran if that makes what I’m saying clearer, if that isn’t going off topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

None of which you can advertise, stock, buy, or read from publicly in much of the Muslim world without running afoul of the authorities and/or mobs of murderous members of your religion, so spare us all the inappropriate comparison.

Islam didn't stop you from criticizing Islam

Tell that to Abu Lahab.

but provoking closed minded British Christians not Muslims

Waaaaaaaaah! Not everyone likes my religion's plan to forcefully dominate the world by restricting free speech and establishing Shari'a-compliant blasphemy codes! Waaaah!

Go cry me a river.

Hey, genius: Judaism is a religion -- the holocaust is an event.

In America, you can absolutely freely criticize both Judaism the religion and the holocaust the event, though the laws about the latter are different in Germany, probably because that's where the holocaust was carried out from, and they'd rather not repeat that -- unlike Muslims who totally want to repeat the disgusting Islamic conquests.

What a free world ???

Much freer than any place in the Muslim world, as any person with their nose not planted firmly in Muhammad's posterior would naturally conclude.

Of course you don't, because you're a bunch of babies who can't live in the modern world where your religion and its 'holy artifacts' are just one of many, and not preferred and treated as though they are holy just because you say they are. Thanks for proving the OPs point.

Maybe they should move to an Islamically-run society where they never have to grow up, then. The free world should not change for the sake of those who cannot cope with it. (There are millions of Muslims who can cope with it of course, but those who would issue blanket statements about "not accepting insult" are not among them, sadly. Okay then...yalla bye, Muhammad.)

Just like I wouldn't be surprised for the definition of 'crime' to be reworked in order to make one law for the Muslims and one law for the rest of us, because that's how scared spineless western politicians are afraid of being called 'racist' for insulting Islam, even though everything seems to insult Islam if you look hard enough.

They absolutely should change their religion and ditch the Qur'an -- nobody should be Muslim, and the Qur'an is a bunch of poorly-plagiarized, regurgitated nonsense that makes no sense whatsoever, and is in no way from God -- but on the issue of being part of a community, there's nothing that would stop any Muslim from doing so if they were or are willing to recognize what that means: that they make up just a part of any given community, do not deserve special treatment, and must behave according to the legal norms by which everyone else behaves and not seek to reshape the society in the image of their religion which is inimical to that society.

Enough. Enough out of the perpetually-offended and haughtiest members of the Ummwaaaaaaaah. You don't like it? Go to some place that is better for you. Nobody is forcing any Muslim to live among non-Muslims, and there is plenty of room out in the deserts of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc. for every one of you who only wants to take advantage of western freedoms and luxuries all the while complaining about the society and feeling themselves superior to it. Go live in your delusions somewhere else, then.

• Winner
Reactions: Barney2.0
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
None of which you can advertise, stock, buy, or read from publicly in much of the Muslim world without running afoul of the authorities and/or mobs of murderous members of your religion, so spare us all the inappropriate comparison.

Tell that to Abu Lahab.

Waaaaaaaaah! Not everyone likes my religion's plan to forcefully dominate the world by restricting free speech and establishing Shari'a-compliant blasphemy codes! Waaaah!

Go cry me a river.

Hey, genius: Judaism is a religion -- the holocaust is an event.

In America, you can absolutely freely criticize both Judaism the religion and the holocaust the event, though the laws about the latter are different in Germany, probably because that's where the holocaust was carried out from, and they'd rather not repeat that -- unlike Muslims who totally want to repeat the disgusting Islamic conquests.

Much freer than any place in the Muslim world, as any person with their nose not planted firmly in Muhammad's posterior would naturally conclude.

Of course you don't, because you're a bunch of babies who can't live in the modern world where your religion and its 'holy artifacts' are just one of many, and not preferred and treated as though they are holy just because you say they are. Thanks for proving the OPs point.

Maybe they should move to an Islamically-run society where they never have to grow up, then. The free world should not change for the sake of those who cannot cope with it. (There are millions of Muslims who can cope with it of course, but those who would issue blanket statements about "not accepting insult" are not among them, sadly. Okay then...yalla bye, Muhammad.)

Just like I wouldn't be surprised for the definition of 'crime' to be reworked in order to make one law for the Muslims and one law for the rest of us, because that's how scared spineless western politicians are afraid of being called 'racist' for insulting Islam, even though everything seems to insult Islam if you look hard enough.

They absolutely should change their religion and ditch the Qur'an -- nobody should be Muslim, and the Qur'an is a bunch of poorly-plagiarized, regurgitated nonsense that makes no sense whatsoever, and is in no way from God -- but on the issue of being part of a community, there's nothing that would stop any Muslim from doing so if they were or are willing to recognize what that means: that they make up just a part of any given community, do not deserve special treatment, and must behave according to the legal norms by which everyone else behaves and not seek to reshape the society in the image of their religion which is inimical to that society.

Enough. Enough out of the perpetually-offended and haughtiest members of the Ummwaaaaaaaah. You don't like it? Go to some place that is better for you. Nobody is forcing any Muslim to live among non-Muslims, and there is plenty of room out in the deserts of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc. for every one of you who only wants to take advantage of western freedoms and luxuries all the while complaining about the society and feeling themselves superior to it. Go live in your delusions somewhere else, then.
According to Islamic scholars you should only migrate to a non Muslim country or Kaafir country as the scholar put it if you have no other choice or for the purpose of calling their people to Islam. But if your forced to move to a Kaafir country you must shun their repulsive disbelieving culture as much as possible:

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/29360

So why did I see so many Muslims enjoying good times in places like London while adopting Kaafir lifestyle. Seemingly when Muslims see something contradicting their beliefs there they go mad with rage.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Lebanon you find books on Christianity, Islam, Atheism, even Richard Dawkin’s book “The God Delusion” was on sale. To me I was quite surprised as it was the first time in my life to find such a wide variety of books in an Arab country. Books such as that are normally regarded as illegal, blasphemous, or controversial in Saudi. Both of these countries (Lebanon and Saudi) are in the Middle East, yet what’s the difference, the difference is in what is there law and constitution based on. Lebanon is secular and democratic, Saudi is run by strict Sharia. Protesting happens everyday in Lebanon for various things, in Saudi or Iran you get your head chopped off or worse. In Lebanon you find some women wearing hijab and cover their whole body apart form their face while some have their entire behind nearly revealed, how often to women choose what to wear in Sharia dominated countries? How many women do you see being allowed to leave the country without a male guardian in a Sharia dominated state now compare that to a secular state like the US, France, or England.

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's Muslims' own fault if they can't handle living in non-Muslim countries.

It's like how people say the 9/11 hijackers went to strip clubs before they committed their murders, so that they could 'blend in' (and also because I guess they knew Islam's god would forgive them their sins and grant them paradise for their 'martyrdom' that they achieved while killing kuffar). I guess that's what Muslims think that life in the west is: nothing but strip clubs and sin, so if they want to blend in then that is where they need to go. Meanwhile I am from the west and I have never been to a strip club in my life, and would not want to go to one. I doubt I'm the only person who is like that.

So maybe what Muslims are really mad about is how the way that their fellow Muslims live in the West shows how perverse Muslims are. It's not about what non-Muslims allow or disallow, because when you have the freedom to go where you want to go, then it is your responsibility to actually maintain your own morality -- the government is not going to force you, unlike in KSA or ISIS-controlled Iraq. And apparently many Muslims cannot handle that responsibility, and instead start behaving badly. (Because again, they are like babies who don't ever have to grow up.) And then they turn around and blame the west, as though life in the west or the influence in the west forces them to behave like animals. It's so stupid. If you are really so unable to cope, go away. The west does not need any more mentally defective people looking to blame everyone so as to not have to look at their own behaviors and attitudes as the source of their problems.

Reactions: Barney2.0
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,653.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That Muslims always complain and seek to silence critics of Islam (by any means possible) is an indication of Islam's inability to reckon with free criticism. That's just in the west mind you. You get killed for saying even a mildly bad thing about Muhammad in Sharia countries.

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

I have a with question for you. If you need to chose between what Jesus said to follow and what the state tells you to follow and these are totally opposite positions, whom do you follow eg stance on homosexuality?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟822,987.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a with question for you. If you need yo chose between what Jesus said to follow and what the state tells you to follow and these are totally opposite positions, whom do you follow eg stance on homosexuality?

A lot of the time and given an unreceptive or dangerous audience silence is best. But there also times when a person has to speak whatever the cost.

Much of civil law relating to homosexuals is actually common sense and fair, e.g protection of property and worker rights for instance. Muslims and Christians should have issue with laws that affirm homosexuality directly however as a moral lifestyle choice or which penalise those who critique the morality of these choices. What the state calls love may well be perversion with a pretty label. I would support a Muslims right to say that gays cannot marry in a mosque, should not be immans and to openly say on speakers corner or in a paper that gay practice is an abomination to God. In practice the BBC will affirm Muslims and gays over Christians just about everytime without ever stopping to think that there may well be undiscussed tensions between the two.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a with question for you. If you need yo chose between what Jesus said to follow and what the state tells you to follow and these are totally opposite positions, whom do you follow eg stance on homosexuality?
Our religion doesn’t command us to follow a state or build one. We have nothing to do with secular politics as these corrupt faith. We speak out against acts of homosexuality, but we don’t ban it on the edge of a sword like you Muslims do or throw them off buildings. We choose what Jesus said to follow without enforcing our commandments on others or get the state involved in Church commandments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Our religion doesn’t command us to follow a state or build one. We have nothing to do with secular politics as these corrupt faith. We speak out against acts of homosexuality, but we don’t ban it on the edge of a sword like you Muslims do or throw them off buildings. We choose what Jesus said to follow without enforcing our commandments on others or get the state involved in Church commandments.
Does bible not tell you to kill homosexuals? I know your answer already but anyway want to ask it!

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
A lot of the time and given an unreceptive or dangerous audience silence is best. But there also times when a person has to speak whatever the cost.

Much of civil law relating to homosexuals is actually common sense and fair, e.g protection of property and worker rights for instance. Muslims and Christians should have issue with laws that affirm homosexuality directly however as a moral lifestyle choice or which penalise those who critique the morality of these choices. What the state calls love may well be perversion with a pretty label. I would support a Muslims right to say that gays cannot marry in a mosque, should not be immans and to openly say on speakers corner or in a paper that gay practice is an abomination to God. In practice the BBC will affirm Muslims and gays over Christians just about everytime without ever stopping to think that there may well be undiscussed tensions between the two.
The point I'm making is people follow the law of the land and keep bible for preaching and reading and not implementing. If Jesus is cursed and ridiculed they would smile at them. For Muslims the honor of prophet is greater than love for mother or father. The west knows this already yet the chose to provoke Muslims. Muslims will follow law of God because we are sure its the truth.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,653.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Does bible not tell you to kill homosexuals? I know your answer already but anyway want to ask it!

Do you mean this verse?

Leviticus 20:13 (ASV) And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Do you think this applies to Christians today to carry out, if so why?

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The point I'm making is people follow the law of the land and keep bible for preaching and reading and not implementing. If Jesus is cursed and ridiculed they would smile at them. For Muslims the honor of prophet is greater than love for mother or father. The west knows this already yet the chose to provoke Muslims. Muslims will follow law of God because we are sure its the truth.
And the law of God tells you to murder anyone who curses the prophet. The Bible is not supposed to be implemented as state law. Snuffing out any form of criticism is obviously the truth don’t you think?

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Old Testament does, yet its commands of punishment are fulfilled through Jesus Christ as per his own words. So we no longer can carry out any acts of punishment prescribed by the Old Testament.

Upvote 0