Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
And when you do walk in disobedience? What then? You're not going to try and say that you don't regularly sin are you?

Walking in disobedience…. seems lengthy…and regularly would imply daily.

Am I perfect…heck no…. I don’t do lengthy …. but as far as messing up or blowing it …it’s a momentary thing. And when I do… I just say, “sorry Father……I messed up” and thank Him for forgiveness …and I keep right on moving. I do not wallow in sin, nor do I think about it twice … If there is no down judgment from God…. what gives me the right to heap that on myself …which is disobedience to the Word.

The majority of my day I am speaking in tongues ~ silently ~ unless I am in the car alone. I can do that because, no matter what I am doing…. whether it’s carrying on a conversation or any other task …tongues is in-spirit action…. you are not using your mind to do it. I know that sounds weird because as humans we can only think one thought at a time ….With tongues you make the decision to do it and you can do it while you are thinking about other things …. I don’t know how…. that’s just the way it is….

kind of rambling there… but I was trying to point out that most of the day I am staying my mind on God….

As an analogy

I am born into my earthly family …I have the seed of my earthly father…and that can never be changed. If I messed up in my earthly family (which is kind of a joke…. I was trouble from the day I was born until I got into the Word) … I would apologize to my earthly father, and he would forgive me. My standing in my earthly family never changed as a son…. my state (fellowship) depended on my behavior.
My earthly father was a great loving person …but his love cannot compare to the love and forgiveness of my heavenly Father.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Walking in disobedience…. seems lengthy…and regularly would imply daily.

Am I perfect…heck no…. I don’t do lengthy …. but as far as messing up or blowing it …it’s a momentary thing. And when I do… I just say, “sorry Father……I messed up” and thank Him for forgiveness …and I keep right on moving. I do not wallow in sin, nor do I think about it twice … If there is no down judgment from God…. what gives me the right to heap that on myself …which is disobedience to the Word.

The majority of my day I am speaking in tongues ~ silently ~ unless I am in the car alone. I can do that because, no matter what I am doing…. whether it’s carrying on a conversation or any other task …tongues is in-spirit action…. you are not using your mind to do it. I know that sounds weird because as humans we can only think one thought at a time ….With tongues you make the decision to do it and you can do it while you are thinking about other things …. I don’t know how…. that’s just the way it is….

kind of rambling there… but I was trying to point out that most of the day I am staying my mind on God….

As an analogy

I am born into my earthly family …I have the seed of my earthly father…and that can never be changed. If I messed up in my earthly family (which is kind of a joke…. I was trouble from the day I was born until I got into the Word) … I would apologize to my earthly father, and he would forgive me. My standing in my earthly family never changed as a son…. my state (fellowship) depended on my behavior.
My earthly father was a great loving person …but his love cannot compare to the love and forgiveness of my heavenly Father.

Well, I can confidently tell you that I emphatically don't have my mind on God or the things of God most of the day, regardless of how hard I try. I'm not a spiritual person, no matter how often I pray, or how long I pray, these old bones are still filled with with sin. I've seen what I look like inside, and it's not pretty. And I've learned that the more I try, the harder I work, the more good works I try to bring before God, the more apparent and obvious my sin is. Like a carcass that rots in the hot noon-day sun, bloating. That's what I look like inside. And by that, I mean the old man, the old Adam, that continually tries to drag me to hell. As such I find that I don't have the luxury of a good spiritual life, but rather the hardship of a cross. And the only thing that sustains me, my one and only solid rock in the midst of the flood, is Jesus Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0