Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im happy to be free from religion. The contentions of it are overwhelming.
Amen to that.
The only thing religion ever did for me was to put cement blocks on my feet and throw me in the water.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen to that.
The only thing religion ever did for me was to put cement blocks on my feet and throw me in the water.
Yes, me too. Aren't we blessed to have Gods spirit guide us?

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Religion
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a super human agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices

I never understand some Christian's repulsion at the word religion. If you believe in God, pray every day, read the Bible- then I hate to break it to you but you fit the definition. Its not offensive to say you are religious. Yes our religion involves a direct relationship with our God. But we still have to believe, we still worship- we are therefore religious.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
john-paul-ii-not-impressed03.png

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Religion
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a super human agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects

I never understand some Christian's repulsion at the word religion. If you believe in God, pray every day, read the Bible- then I hate to break it to you but you fit the definition. Its not offensive to say you are religious. Yes our religion involves a direct relationship with our God. But we still have to believe, we still worship- we are therefore religious.
Religion to me is all the incessant wrangling over whos church is the first church, and who has the authority, and last but not least, man made traditions.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Religion to me is all the incessant wrangling over whos church is the first church, and who has the authority, and last but not least, man made traditions.

You seem to do alot of debating over your own opinion/interpretation on these forums to not be caring about your own traditions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Religion
noun

I can't understand it, either. I have this relationship with God because I have the religion that He handed down. There's nothing wrong with the word, and I don't think I'm far off when I say it's a pretty ridiculous aversion to have.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I always find this sense of needing to be free of higher authority as leaning too much on your own understanding. There are people wiser and smarter than either of us who argue all kinds of things. Many argued for a church authority to unify. How can you say they were not led while you are? Is that not pride? I am not saying whether you are right or wrong, just that the automatic trusting of your own beliefs as right is a type of pride.

Submission is the first step of humility. Consider that brother <3

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
If you say so.
I'm not afraid to say that I'm part of a religion. No one should be. It's a ridiculous argument to be having. We're religious people, so we follow a religion. It's all fairly simple.

• Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always find this sense of needing to be free of higher authority as leaning too much on your own understanding. There are people wiser and smarter than either of us who argue all kinds of things. Many argued for a church authority to unify. How can you say they were not led while you are? Is that not pride? I am not saying whether you are right or wrong, just that the automatic trusting of your own beliefs as right is a type of pride.

Submission is the first step of humility. Consider that brother <3
So i should submit to your church? Get real friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
So i should submit to your church? Get real friend.
I've gotta say, the people who need to "get real" here are the people arguing that they're not part of a religion.

My 2¢.

• Agree
Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not afraid to say that I'm part of a religion. No one should be. It's a ridiculous argument to be having. We're religious people, so we follow a religion. It's all fairly simple.
Its not ridiculous to reject the notion that your church has authority over others. The catholic assertion that they have the authority is ridiculous

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0