Freedom an ineffable gift

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Scripture mentions freedom a number of times.
When your brother, a Hebrew man or a Hebrew woman, has been sold to you, and has served you for six years, in the seventh year you shall set him free. And when you grant his freedom, you shall by no means permit him to go away empty. Instead, you shall give to him, for his journey, from your flocks and threshing floor and winepress, with which the Lord your God has blessed you. Remember that you yourself also served in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God set you free. And therefore, I now command this of you.
Deuteronomy 15:12-15

Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, have you not read the law? For it is written that Abraham had two sons: one by a servant woman, and one by a free woman. And he who was of the servant was born according to the flesh. But he who was of the free woman was born by the promise. These things are said through an allegory. For these represent the two testaments. Certainly the one, on Mount Sinai, gives birth unto servitude, which is Hagar. For Sinai is a mountain in Arabia, which is related to the Jerusalem of the present time, and it serves with her sons. But that Jerusalem which is above is free; the same is our mother. For it was written: "Rejoice, O barren one, though you do not conceive. Burst forth and cry out, though you do not give birth. For many are the children of the desolate, even more than of her who has a husband." Now we, brothers, like Isaac, are sons of the promise. But just as then, he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now. And what does Scripture say? "Cast out the woman servant and her son. For the son of a servant women shall not be an heir with the son of a free woman." And so, brothers, we are not the sons of the servant woman, but rather of the free woman. And this is the freedom with which Christ has set us free.
Galatians 4:21-31

God wants his people to be free. Free from bondage as slaves to other human beings. Free from slavery to wickedness. Christ has set is people free, it cost the Lord his life yet he willingly spent his life to purchase freedom for his children.

Too many spend their time asserting human bondage to sin and wickedness without acknowledging what Christ has done to set his people free.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scripture mentions freedom a number of times.
When your brother, a Hebrew man or a Hebrew woman, has been sold to you, and has served you for six years, in the seventh year you shall set him free. And when you grant his freedom, you shall by no means permit him to go away empty. Instead, you shall give to him, for his journey, from your flocks and threshing floor and winepress, with which the Lord your God has blessed you. Remember that you yourself also served in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God set you free. And therefore, I now command this of you.
Deuteronomy 15:12-15

Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, have you not read the law? For it is written that Abraham had two sons: one by a servant woman, and one by a free woman. And he who was of the servant was born according to the flesh. But he who was of the free woman was born by the promise. These things are said through an allegory. For these represent the two testaments. Certainly the one, on Mount Sinai, gives birth unto servitude, which is Hagar. For Sinai is a mountain in Arabia, which is related to the Jerusalem of the present time, and it serves with her sons. But that Jerusalem which is above is free; the same is our mother. For it was written: "Rejoice, O barren one, though you do not conceive. Burst forth and cry out, though you do not give birth. For many are the children of the desolate, even more than of her who has a husband." Now we, brothers, like Isaac, are sons of the promise. But just as then, he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now. And what does Scripture say? "Cast out the woman servant and her son. For the son of a servant women shall not be an heir with the son of a free woman." And so, brothers, we are not the sons of the servant woman, but rather of the free woman. And this is the freedom with which Christ has set us free.
Galatians 4:21-31
God wants his people to be free. Free from bondage as slaves to other human beings.

Freedom from human slavery is not necessary to the Christian life, as is freedom from slavery to sin.
It is desirable, as freedom from poverty and sickness are desirable, but none are necessary to the Christian life.

Free from slavery to wickedness. Christ has set is people free, it cost the Lord his life yet he willingly spent his life to purchase freedom for his children.

Too many spend their time asserting human bondage to sin and wickedness without acknowledging what Christ has done to set his people free.

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Freedom from human slavery is not necessary to the Christian life, as is freedom from slavery to sin.
It is desirable, as freedom from poverty and sickness are desirable, but none are necessary to the Christian life.
If only you had left the reply intact. Then you could have commented on all of it.
God wants his people to be free. Free from bondage as slaves to other human beings. Free from slavery to wickedness. Christ has set is people free, it cost the Lord his life yet he willingly spent his life to purchase freedom for his children.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If only you had left the reply intact. Then you could have commented on all of it.

Did I not copy all your post in my reply?

I can comment further if you wish. . .the born again are set free from the bondage to sin, but the born again are a small minority.

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Did I not copy all your post in my reply?

I can comment further if you wish. . .the born again are set free from the bondage to sin, but the born again are a small minority.
You need not comment further :)

Upvote 0

IoanC

Oct 9, 2022
Ploiesti, Prahova
Visit site
✟29,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The expression "freedom of the spirit" comes to mind. It means that you can be spiritually happy regardless of external/worldly conditions such as suffering. This kind of freedom comes from within the soul and does not require a reason.

Upvote 0