Not open for further replies.

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Here is a great verse on how God takes care of sin.

Romans 5:18-20 (Weymouth’s)
It follows then just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which to the whole race, so also is the result of a single degree of righteousness is a life giving acquittal which extends to the whole race. (19) for as thought the disobedience of one individual the mass of mankind were constituted as sinners, so also though the obedience of one, the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous. Now law was brought in later on so that the transgression might increase, but sin increased, grace is overflowed.

Upvote 0

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There are two churches in the Bible, the true Church which is Christ with in, the false church or Babylon which is Christ in religion. Your faith is based on religion, my faith is based on that part of God with in us all. The Church is not a man made system, it is our first love which is Christ with in us. When Jesus came the first time it was those who had an abundance of scriptures and knowledge that rejected him- where as the humble and lowly who’s hearts were prepared saw him..

It is not a matter of being deserving, it it is a matter of knowing Him and His will.

By the WORD-- by the LOGOS of God. The word "logos" is a very full word, it includes the whole mind, will, intent, purpose behind that which IS expressed, spoken. Jesus Christ IS THE WORD OF GOD! He is the expression of Divine Thought and Purpose, a revelation of the Mind of God to mankind. What we see IN HIM, as THE WORD, is what we are to become. This Word is the NEW NATURE found in the new covenant generation. For He said, "I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people." (Hebrews 8:10). HIS WORD in heart and mind, so that these also become a further expression of God to man.

Truly THE WORD is that incorruptible seed of which the new CHRIST-LIFE in us is formed. It is a WORD-LIFE! We are born of the Word, nourished by the Word, as we "grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18). And truly, He gives "unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who hath called us." (2 Peter 1:3).

Knowledge-- knowledge of HIM! No wonder the prophet bemoaned the fact that "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge." (Hosea 4:6). Without a knowledge of Him, there is no life, for "This is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent." (John 17:3).

To KNOW-- literally, TO KNOW BY EXPERIENCE. It is not a mere form of head-knowledge, mental assent to a few doctrines about Him, but it is to EXPERIENCE HIM. Same word is found in John 8:32, "Ye shall know (by experience) the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Thank God, for the promise, "For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." (Habakkuk 2:14). "For all shall know Me, from the least to the greatest." (Hebrews 8: 11 ).

467AIR,

Because you really do not want to submit to Christ's Gospel. You have this great need to elevate yourself above Christ who is the Head of His Church.

You feel the need to elevate yourself above the Holy Spirit who gave ALL Truth to the Apostles, who gave it to the early Church. It is that Church, of whom Christ is Head, in which the Holy Spirit works to preserve both the Church and the Gospel for all men, for all time. That is why the historical Church IS Truth.

If you think the Holy Spirit failed, or that Christ is no longer effective as Head of that Church, put forth your arguments. The guardian is the Church, I Tim 3:15.

Upvote 0
R

Rightglory

467AIR,

Adam ate the fruit, it was not His choice, this is what the verse says. If Adam did not fall he would be a preprogramed robot doing God's will. God wants sons not robots. Did I mention sin?

which is exactly why man is given a free will. Just so God does not have robots. Adam clearly had a choice. That was the purpose of the commandment. Eve was decieved, but Adam ate when she gave it to him. He could have said NO. Why do you think Adam did not have a choice?

Secondly, if Adam had not sinned, he would not have been a robot. Free will does not depend on choosing just between good and evil. It also includes options of the good.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.