467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean: 1 Cor 3:3
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

We have mentioned a lot of verses which verse do you want me to address? How about addressing Romans 3:11, 1 Corin 2:14 ?

No, are you?

Why did you mention the verse if it has nothing to do with freewill?

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean: 1 Cor 3:3
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

We have mentioned a lot of verses which verse do you want me to address? How about addressing Romans 3:11, 1 Corin 2:14 ?
No, where we left off before you went on a tangent;

1 Corinthians 2:14

What say you to the interpretation thus far?

Let's look at the verses together, one at a time please.

Upvote 0

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I posted this earlier how about address these verses?

Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. So if no one understands how can they have freewill to freelycome? Again the natural man or non spiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, yet you insist he has the ability to choose salvation. How can he choose something heavenly when he is dead spiritually, he does not comprehend the heavenly like Saul did and became Paul one of the greatest men in the NT. Carnal man cannot choose the spiritual revelation until God’s spirit quickens him.

1 Corin 2:14 But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated

John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws (drag Greek) him, and I will raise him up at the last day 1670 helkuo (hel-koo'-o); drag

Again look at the context of Eph. 2

"QUICK ."Quick means living and active — LIFE-GIVING! "For the word of God that speaks is alive and full of power

Eph, 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,
6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast
I already did bro, and so did RightGlory.

Now, what say you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

Rightglory

467AIR,
Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. So if no one understands how can they have freewill to freelycome? Again the natural man or non spiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, yet you insist he has the ability to choose salvation. How can he choose something heavenly when he is dead spiritually, he does not comprehend the heavenly like Saul did and became Paul one of the greatest men in the NT. Carnal man cannot choose the spiritual revelation until God’s spirit quickens him.
this text is not addressing whether man does nor does not have free will.

It is addressing believers versus non believers. In order to even become a beleiver a human being must have chosen to accept the call of God. Christ is calling all men to Himself. John 12:32. He calls all to repentance. If every man will give an account before Him in the last day, do you think that there might be an exception?

1 Corin 2:14 But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated
Again, this does not really address the topic. However, even those that are believers are still free to reject the knowledge they might have gained while believers. Being a spiritual man does not guarantee that one will always remain. so says scripture. If you doubt that, read Luke 12:46-47.

John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws (drag Greek) him, and I will raise him up at the last day 1670 helkuo (hel-koo'-o); drag
Since Christ draws ALL men to Himself, for the express purpose that they MUST choose who they will serve.

Again look at the context of Eph. 2
"QUICK ."Quick means living and active — LIFE-GIVING! "For the word of God that speaks is alive and full of power.
Eph, 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Yes, it does mean living, active, which is why it is referencing the physical life that Christ gave to the world, not just even mankind. He enlivend all men for the express purpose that He could fulfil the mandate of creating man in the first place. To be in an eternal union with Him, freely choosen by man, as did Adam, the first man.

so, where is your arguement that man does not have free will. It would behoove you to be much more selective than the verses you have selected above. But good luck.

Upvote 0

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rightglory said: this text is not addressing whether man does nor does not have free will.
No verse addresses if man has freewill towards salvation, 1 Corin 2:14 clarifies carnal man has no will towards spiritual matters which many believe to the contrary.

Upvote 0

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rightglory: It is addressing believers versus non believers. In order to even become a beleiver a human being must have chosen to accept the call of God. Christ is calling all men to Himself. John 12:32. He calls all to repentance. If every man will give an account before Him in the last day, do you think that there might be an exception?

Believer cannot choose anything until God has first quicken them, yes Christ is calling all men, but he is not calling all men now.
"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and TO ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:39).
1 Corinthians 15:22-24
22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

(order) Gk Strong’s NT:5001 tagma (tag'-mah); from NT:5021; something orderly in arrangement (a troop), i.e. (figuratively) a series or succession:
If God does not call you, you cannot come.

The last days is another total subject, God is calling his elect to be used as kings and Priest for the remainder of all he has not called.

Upvote 0

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rightglory: Again, this does not really address the topic. However, even those that are believers are still free to reject the knowledge they might have gained while believers. Being a spiritual man does not guarantee that one will always remain. so says scripture. If you doubt that, read Luke 12:46-47.

If you are a true believer or overcomer you will reject nothing, it is the non elect who do the rejection, the 30-60 fold. My sheep know my voice, the baby goats are the one who eat all the garbage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Rightglory: Since Christ draws ALL men to Himself, for the express purpose that they MUST choose who they will serve.

There is no choice in being draw, the choice happens after they have been quickened. (Eph 2) Most have not been drawn yet; when they are drawn there is no choice. Have you ever been drawn? Throw a rope on a running horse when you are attached to the other end and explain to me how much choice you have.

Upvote 0
R

Rightglory

467AIR & Terrance Theodore,

No verse addresses if man has freewill towards salvation, 1 Corin 2:14 clarifies carnal man has no will towards spiritual matters which many believe to the contrary.
Where does it say that he has no will? This text is speaking about whether a canal man can understand the spiritual things of God. It is not even addressing whether an man can believe or not. The fact of the matter, a believer who has even matured, can fall back to become carnal. He does that by his free will. He can also choose to repent at a later time. This is also by his free will.

You have yet to establish that man does not have a free will. I might remind you that it has never been an issue until the reformed proponents begin with a premise that of necessity demands that man be a robot. Obviously if one believes that all acts of man are decreed by God, man does not have a free will. In fact, he does not even have a will of any kind. Man does not need to deliberate that which has already been decreed.

It turns scripture on its head, virtually denying the obvious, that we even have scripture. It makes revelation meaningless since man does not need to know about God in any sense, since He cannot contribute to any kind of relationship, if one could even call it a relationship with God.

Upvote 0
T

Terrence Theodore

Where does it say that he has no will? This text is speaking about whether a canal man can understand the spiritual things of God. It is not even addressing whether an man can believe or not. The fact of the matter, a believer who has even matured, can fall back to become carnal. He does that by his free will. He can also choose to repent at a later time. This is also by his free will.

You have yet to establish that man does not have a free will. I might remind you that it has never been an issue until the reformed proponents begin with a premise that of necessity demands that man be a robot. Obviously if one believes that all acts of man are decreed by God, man does not have a free will. In fact, he does not even have a will of any kind. Man does not need to deliberate that which has already been decreed.

It turns scripture on its head, virtually denying the obvious, that we even have scripture. It makes revelation meaningless since man does not need to know about God in any sense, since He cannot contribute to any kind of relationship, if one could even call it a relationship with God.

Romans 8:7 kills debunks freewill. Do you know it?

Upvote 0

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

There is no reference to Physical life in Eph 2. This verse is referring to men who are walking in a flesh body and God is quickening their soul and making able to come out of the dead spiritual state. This is the spiritual life being quickened so they can hear finally hear God.

There is no reverence freewill in this context, it is God all in all from the beginning of the process to the end 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast

God cause the fall and Adam had no choice.

So where is your religious word freewill or choice to be found in God’s Word…. It is not scriptural and it comes from Rome and her younger daughter.

Rightglory: Yes, it does mean living, active, which is why it is referencing the physical life that Christ gave to the world, not just even mankind. He enlivend all men for the express purpose that He could fulfil the mandate of creating man in the first place. To be in an eternal union with Him, freely choosen by man, as did Adam, the first man.

so, where is your arguement that man does not have free will. It would behoove you to be much more selective than the verses you have selected above. But good luck.

Upvote 0

467AIR

Feb 1, 2010
✟895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A lot of opinion with no scriptural backing...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.