New England
✟489,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if free will can carry us to hell, it can carry us to heaven if we choose Jesus, Praise God!

Only after God has done His work of Grace... to both will and to do.

upload_2020-7-7_18-28-25.png

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
With the odds of our existence being 1 in 100 million at the time of conception, 100 million being the number of sperm cells making the trip, if God had His eye on specifically us from the beginning, then there would be absolutely no need for those other 99,999,99 sperms

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
With the odds of our existence being 1 in 100 million at the time of conception, 100 million being the number of sperm cells making the trip, if God had His eye on specifically us from the beginning, then there would be absolutely no need for those other 99,999,99 sperms
I beg your pardon, but there are an infinite number of alternatives. Anyone could have been born in your place, limited only by God's imagination, which is no limit at all.

Upvote 0

Sovereign Grace

Certified Flunky
Jul 5, 2014
Right here, right now
✟43,036.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think if God "loved" us enough to give us free will (free from predestination)...we would cease to exist. I think our continued existence is a continued act of creation, and every act of creation is an act of predestination. We live not by bread alone, but by the words that come from the mouth of God, now, even as in the beginning.

Seems like I heard a R.C. Sproul quote that someone posted on another forum that all God has to do to destroy us is give us more freedom. Look at the USA right now. In the 1960's, God was legislated out of schools, now kids have no idea what restroom to use, being taught evolution, there are multiple genders, &c. In 1993, Roe v. Wade was made law and the USA has murdered >60,000,000 babies and counting. In 2015, the SCOTUS violated its own constitution and made same sex marriage legal. You can't tell me that God's hand is removed from us as a country. They wanted freedom from religion(in reality it was them wanting freedom from God) and Brother, they got it. Look at the chaos now.

Upvote 0

Sovereign Grace

Certified Flunky
Jul 5, 2014
Right here, right now
✟43,036.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God sent the good news of the Kingdom. We have the free will to accept or reject it. In doing so we either accept or reject the ways of man. Simple.

Free will is a myth. No one possesses a free will saved or lost. A person's will is tied to their nature. A fallen nature has a person whose will is bound in sin and Satan. The saved person's will is bound to Christ. Romans 6:16-20.

Upvote 0

Sovereign Grace

Certified Flunky
Jul 5, 2014
Right here, right now
✟43,036.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Actually He is loving enough to give us total freedom and what we chose is up to us. However in the end like the prayer says He will get His way as His will will be done in earth as it is in heaven. Whether or not you are a part of that is on your head, not His.

Free Will:

==voluntary choice or decision
==freedom of humans to make choices that are not determined by prior causes or by divine intervention

Free will is a misnomer. The will is never free, as there is something that is always driving it to will that which is most pleasing. Something is always at the front of the will leading it.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Free will is a misnomer. The will is never free, as there is something that is always driving it to will that which is most pleasing. Something is always at the front of the will leading it.
I wasn't talking about free will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums