Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Like Paul in Romans chapter 6, we can define freedom as freedom from sin. If we were perfectly free from sin, then we would fulfill God's will without fail.

For the sake of argument: Would we be free (according to Paul's definition) if 1 and 2 below obtained
?

1) God determined that we would always want to do God's will.
and
2) By virtue of our God given want to do God's will, we would always do God's will.

If both 1 and 2 were true, it seems we would be free because we would always desire to do God's will and we would always fulfill God's will. If 1 and 2 obtained, we would be free from sin, which according to Paul is true freedom.

What do you think?

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Like Paul in Romans chapter 6, we can define freedom as freedom from sin. If we were perfectly free from sin, then we would fulfill God's will without fail.

For the sake of argument: Would we be free (according to Paul's definition) if 1 and 2 below obtained
?

and
2) By virtue of our God given want to do God's will, we would always do God's will.

If both 1 and 2 were true, it seems we would be free because we would always desire to do God's will and we would always fulfill God's will. If 1 and 2 obtained, we would be free from sin, which according to Paul is true freedom.

What do you think?
True freedom is achieved by a clear conscience obtained only at the throne of grace. That’s just reasonable service, least any should boast. Hebrews, Matthew and Romans all testify to that. Paul isn’t God just in case you were wondering, and his teachings need a mind that has been with Jesus to understand him.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

?

and

What do you think?
I think it's a "yes."

Now what?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True freedom is achieved by a clear conscience obtained only at the throne of grace. That’s just reasonable service, least any should boast. Hebrews, Matthew and Romans all testify to that. Paul isn’t God just in case you were wondering, and his teachings need a mind that has been with Jesus to understand him.

So, if I have a clear conscience I am free? Does it matter what I do?

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, if I have a clear conscience I am free? Does it matter what I do?
Keeping faith and good conscience guards against faith being shipwrecked like those that reject it. 1 Timothy 1:19

Maybe you could expand on the op ... not really sure what your getting at?

Upvote 0