✟52,122.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all,

Here's an online, searchable index of early Christian use of the scriptures. It takes some getting used to, and you have to make an account (though it is completely free), but it is really, really helpful once grasped.

Two other problems: it provides only the reference / point when a given writer cited or alluded to a given scriptural text. It doesn't provide the text of that writer. Some creative use of google (both to translate the provided Latin title of the text and to find the text itself) should help with that. Many of the cited texts are available in English online through various websites.

Oh and the site is in French, but that only impacts the sign-up process.

Anyhow - FREE! PATRISTICS! SCRIPTURE! Best to stick to the positive.

Here's the link: Bible Index

Hope everyone has a blessed feast tomorrow!

In Christ,
Macarius

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

Here's an online, searchable index of early Christian use of the scriptures. It takes some getting used to, and you have to make an account (though it is completely free), but it is really, really helpful once grasped.

Two other problems: it provides only the reference / point when a given writer cited or alluded to a given scriptural text. It doesn't provide the text of that writer. Some creative use of google (both to translate the provided Latin title of the text and to find the text itself) should help with that. Many of the cited texts are available in English online through various websites.

In Christ,
Macarius

Thank you for mentioning. It's going to be some time before I can devote any time to figuring it out, but I'll make a note of it.

Sometimes I can't remember where I read things, so maybe this will help. :)

Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello all,

In Christ,
Macarius

Thanks. I've been looking for something like this. Blessings to you.

Upvote 0