• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Free Masons

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Searching_for_Christ, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProudMason

ProudMason New Member

+0
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Ive been reading some of these forums about Freemasons, and Our fraternity being an occult,ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOT TRUE!!!, if you know better however you would know in all actuality Christianity under any branch is a offspring of freemasonry.

2. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Member of the Round Table

+8,742
    Catholic
    Single
    see this is what gets me about freemasonry

we get told time and time again not to get caught up in conspiracy theories

then we get some Masons who pretend like their group is thousands of years old...
    this is kind of like wanting to have your cake and eat it too

anyways, I am a Roman Catholic
    my Church was founded by Jesus Christ, true God and true Man
    and through the ages it has been faithful to His teachings through an unbroken line of Bishops

the Church is called to preach to all the nations
    to make converts for Christ from the 4 corners of the globe
    we are not the offspring of a secret society
    because secrets are anathema to us
    we are called to preach the good news to everyone
    not hide away our knowledge in a Lodge
    The Church is egalitarian in that all people, all ages, all races, can join the Church
    the Lodge is elitist in that only a select few can learn the secrets

3. Simpleman25

Simpleman25 Member

+24
    Methodist
    Married

We have some common ground here. For any mason to claim that we predate Jesus, it's blasphemous.

The lodge is anything but elitist. The problem is we don't openly recruit. All any man has to do is ask one of us.

You can't call masons elitist as you have stated, we accept men of all faiths.

Some call my home lodge elitist for only accepting Christians. That may be true. My allegiance is also to the Holy Trinity.

4. BlackBearFamily

BlackBearFamily Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    No worries, you did not offend me. What I was trying to say was, in effect, "This is not a story I got from someone somewhere, but rather an explanation I got straight from my father, and in some detail." Sometimes, people pop off with Urban Legends, and I wanted to emphasize that this was not the case.

My understanding is that the 'scary' part of the oath is regarding what would be done to the Mason - and his family, including his children - if he were to ever reveal any of the Masonic secrets to a non-Mason. Isn't there such a clause in an oath? (Or maybe you are not allowed to say?)

5. Simpleman25

Simpleman25 Member

+24
    Methodist
    Married

That's why I question what your father was talking about. The penalties are to the mason himself, not any family member.

Some evangelical folks like to imply that there is a curse to the masons family. That's why I brought up the conspiracy comment.

6. BlackBearFamily

BlackBearFamily Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    I am not a Mason and so can only quote my 32nd degree Grandfather and my Blue Lodge Mason father.

7. Searching_for_Christ

Searching_for_Christ simul justus et peccator

+171
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    You readily admit that joining the masons means to bring curses upon yourself if you leave?

8. Simpleman25

Simpleman25 Member

+24
    Methodist
    Married

All you have to do is Google Masonic oaths and read for yourself.

9. Simpleman25

Simpleman25 Member

+24
    Methodist
    Married

That's not what I said. I said the oaths speak only of penalty to the individual mason, not to their family. I also said that the penalties were symbolic and are not carried out to those thatl leave the fraternity.

There are many that have left yet no penalty was used on them.

10. BlackBearFamily

BlackBearFamily Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    Given that all of this is supposed to be a secret, I tend to wonder whether anything I've 'googled' is correct.

11. BlackBearFamily

BlackBearFamily Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    I'm not asking about the penalty for leaving the Masonic order, I'm referring to the supposed violent penalties for telling Masonic secrets to a non-Mason.

Aren't there violent penalties for revealing the secrets? These were the issues that my father told me about.

12. Simpleman25

Simpleman25 Member

+24
    Methodist
    Married
    Most of what you can Google now is correct. As I've been saying, men have left and exposed the secret oaths. Yet nothing had been done to them for breaking the oath.

Yes the penalties are violent. But they are not carried out. That's the issue I'm trying to inform you about. That's why they are symbolic. We refer to ourselves as speculative masons. Whereas the original masons were operative masons. In their time it was an issue to share the secrets of the trade.

That's part of the reason why we can prove that speculative masons only go back to the late 1600's to early 1700's. Operative masons predate Christ, not speculative masons.

13. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,499
    Catholic
    Married
    I have no use for Freemasonry. I would mention though, that there exist many people in the world who would ask you the same question about Christianity.

14. BlackBearFamily

BlackBearFamily Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    Oh, I see. OK. Thank you for explaining.

15. Lepanto

Lepanto Newbie

+142
    Catholic
    Married
    What you said is not true. What you know of Freemasonry (the three degrees) is only the front facade of Freemasonry.

What the people said in this thread are only part of the reasons that the Church condemned Freemasonry, it's more than that. But I am not going to say anymore. Listen to what Saint Pius X said ...

16. Simpleman25

Simpleman25 Member

+24
    Methodist
    Married

I'm as high up as you can get in masonry. You can't say anymore because there's nothing to say. Other than trumped up conspiracy theories that have no facts whatsoever.

17. GutenbergPrintPress1454

GutenbergPrintPress1454 Newbie

+5
    Christian
    "The great strength of our order lies in its concealment. Never let it appear in any place in its own name..."

- Adam Weishaupt

18. Rhamiel

+8,742
    Catholic
    Single
    very good point

here is another point
    many diverse churches and denominations have spoken out against Freemasonry
    as the old saying goes, where there is smoke, their is fire
    if a normal explenation can not be given as to why so many christian groups fear freemasonry then we should accept that there is something suspect about the group

19. Rhamiel

+8,742
    Catholic
    Single
    it sounds like you are a very good Freemason :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
  20. Fenwick

Fenwick LET'S GO IRISH

+6,623
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Actually no, the rules of Christian Forums explicitly state that you cannot debate in the congregational forums (I.e. "One Bread, One Body" the Catholic section of the forum) unless you belong to the group for which the sub-forum in question is designated, in this case Roman Catholics, which you aren't.

http://www.christianforums.com/rules/#faq_rule_0

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.