authiodionitist

Oct 12, 2006
Seattle
✟8,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Aside from the basic political response "An Orthodox may not be a Freemason," what is our relationship with Freemasonry? Please do not quote websites that are not authorized by any Holy Synod (like Orthodox Information Center). I'm looking for something intelligent and well-researched (out of, say, books) to say to my co-worker.

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aside from the basic political response "An Orthodox may not be a Freemason," what is our relationship with Freemasonry? Please do not quote websites that are not authorized by any Holy Synod (like Orthodox Information Center). I'm looking for something intelligent and well-researched (out of, say, books) to say to my co-worker.

might be less "in depth" than you want. but:

http://www.oca.org/QA.asp?ID=209&SID=3

Upvote 0

authiodionitist

Oct 12, 2006
Seattle
✟8,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
might be less "in depth" than you want. but:

http://www.oca.org/QA.asp?ID=209&SID=3

Yeah that's the problem with that resposne. And he's got lots of "secret club" rhetoric to keep it secret.
Example: If someone takes an oath to keep a club's secrets, then later breaks from that group and tells the secrets, how can you trust that man? (deontological principle)
Counter-argument: Priests retain confidentiality of all confessions. If a child molester confesses to the priest what he did, and the priest is called to the witness stand in court, he will break his vow to save the molested child.

...and of course it is difficult to discuss this with them as the are NEVER completely forthcoming with what they believe and how it is practiced....esp at the upper levels of their "club"

I know what ya mean.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.