Visit site
✟238,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I immediately purchased this documentary on DVD after watching an interview the guy gave on television. Basically, it features the life of a former US special OPS and his family that live in Burma. Their mission, in this war-torn area, is to offer humanitarian aid and document footage of the atrocities being done there and send it out to the world. They're doing all this in the name of Jesus. So half of the DVD features them in Burma and the other half shows them doing this in Iraq (after the guy gets a call for them to travel there and help as well)

So just to warn you..This documentary is very graphic. I would not recommend it to anyone that suffers from PTSD resulting from war experience. But it is very powerful and moving. The DVD itself is a bit on the high end to buy. But I think they offer a digital viewing option that is cheaper. So the choice is yours there.

Here's my review: I give it an 8. Very rarely does a documentary like this become available to the public in the quality that it's shot in.

On a personal note: There was one time during the time I spent watching that I became a little uncomfortable. It was when the head guy ended up shooting and killing ISIS terrorists. Granted, who am I to say he should or should not have shot them. They were going to kill them. But personally, I come from the pacifist point of view on this. Typically chaplains and medics do not pick up arms. But there were times when this guy did. I'll let you all decide what you think of that. But all in all, this is a stellar doc and will blow you away. And it will also make you cry too. Here's the link.

Free Burma Rangers - Free the Oppressed

Free Burma Rangers - Consumer DVD

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I immediately purchased this documentary on DVD after watching an interview the guy gave on television. Basically, it features the life of a former US special OPS and his family that live in Burma. Their mission, in this war-torn area, is to offer humanitarian aid and document footage of the atrocities being done there and send it out to the world. They're doing all this in the name of Jesus. So half of the DVD features them in Burma and the other half shows them doing this in Iraq (after the guy gets a call for them to travel there and help as well)

So just to warn you..This documentary is very graphic. I would not recommend it to anyone that suffers from PTSD resulting from war experience. But it is very powerful and moving. The DVD itself is a bit on the high end to buy. But I think they offer a digital viewing option that is cheaper. So the choice is yours there.

Here's my review: I give it an 8. Very rarely does a documentary like this become available to the public in the quality that it's shot in.

On a personal note: There was one time during the time I spent watching that I became a little uncomfortable. It was when the head guy ended up shooting and killing ISIS terrorists. Granted, who am I to say he should or should not have shot them. They were going to kill them. But personally, I come from the pacifist point of view on this. Typically chaplains and medics do not pick up arms. But there were times when this guy did. I'll let you all decide what you think of that. But all in all, this is a stellar doc and will blow you away. And it will also make you cry too. Here's the link.

Free Burma Rangers - Free the Oppressed

Free Burma Rangers - Consumer DVD

I believe in New Testament Non-Resistance. But that is not the reason that would deter me from watching it. I did watch the Christian movie called “Reliant” knowing it was against NT Non-Resistance. What deters me in watching films like these is the graphic nature of war and violence. I know it is a part of life, but that is not something I want to focus on in my Christian life. I want to focus on that which is good, and godly and keep my mind on things above.

Colossians 3:2 says,
“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”

Upvote 0