✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @WhoIsLikeGod?

I really don't have an argument for the earth being 6 or 7k years old. Personally, I believe that the Jews have it right. After all, they are the people that God has always used to provide His testimony to mankind. Now, they haven't always been faithful to God, but they have done what they were established to do as far as keeping the written oracles of God. The Jewish calendar allows that this year...2022 by the Gregorian calendar, is the 5,782nd year from the day that God created the earth and heavens and all that is them.

So for me, I'm going with the Jewish testimony in this. Is it exactly correct? I think so, or at least within a couple of hundred years, but it's not a hill I'm concerned with dying on. So long as we set the outside limits between 5-10k years, I don't have a problem. Because any understanding that falls within that timeframe still means that God miraculously in the mere minutes and hours of the individual rotations of the earth upon its axis, created everything. Such an understanding leaves no confusion that the stars, or other heavenly bodies, actually coalesced over billions of years from space dust and are really nothing more than natural bodies created by the natural laws of physics.

God bless,
Ted

• Winner
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟39,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi @WhoIsLikeGod?

I really don't have an argument for the earth being 6 or 7k years old. Personally, I believe that the Jews have it right. After all, they are the people that God has always used to provide His testimony to mankind. Now, they haven't always been faithful to God, but they have done what they were established to do as far as keeping the written oracles of God. The Jewish calendar allows that this year...2022 by the Gregorian calendar, is the 5,782nd year from the day that God created the earth and heavens and all that is them.

So for me, I'm going with the Jewish testimony in this. Is it exactly correct? I think so, or at least within a couple of hundred years, but it's not a hill I'm concerned with dying on. So long as we set the outside limits between 5-10k years, I don't have a problem. Because any understanding that falls within that timeframe still means that God miraculously in the mere minutes and hours of the individual rotations of the earth upon its axis, created everything. Such an understanding leaves no confusion that the stars, or other heavenly bodies, actually coalesced over billions of years from space dust and are really nothing more than natural bodies created by the natural laws of physics.

God bless,
Ted
Hi @miamited,

I was aware that the Hebrew calendar's current year is 5782. The first year of the Anno Domini era was 2,022 years ago. That means that, according to most Jews, the world was created in 3761 BC. You have to subtract one year when adding between BC and AD dates, since there is no year zero.

Dates far in the past are less exact. The Battle of Megiddo in 609 BC is known to be accurate. However, the dates of the Hebrew kings before that are mysterious. Each reign of a king of Judah is reckoned by the nth year of the reign of a king of Israel. Each reign of a king of Israel is reckoned by the nth year of the reign of a king of Judah. It's a lot of page-flipping to plan the full chronology. Then you notice that there are discrepancies, meaning gaps and misalignments. You have to massage the numbers. And I mean carefully and responsibly. There is no other way.

The first year of Rehoboam's reign can be figured from Ezekiel 4:4–5, which says, "Then you are to lie down on your left side and put the wrongdoing of the house of Israel on it; you shall bear their wrongdoing for the number of days that you lie on it. For I have assigned you a number of days corresponding to the years of their wrongdoing, 390 days; so you shall bear the wrongdoing of the house of Israel." Solomon's Temple was destroyed in 586 BC. The best and most natural fit for the numbers of the Hebrew kings puts the first year of Rehoboam's reign at 976 BC, three hundred and ninety years before the destruction of the temple.

Saul (40 years) + David (40 years) + Solomon (40 years) = 120 years

Acts 13:20 says, "And after that he gave unto them judges about the space of four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet."

The conquest of Canaan took 7 years.

The Israelites were in the wilderness 40 years.

Exodus 12:40 in the Septuagint says, "And the sojourning of the children of Israel, while they sojourned in the land of Egypt and the land of Canaan, four hundred and thirty years." This places the call of Abram at 2020 BC.

Genesis 11 in the Septuagint gives 1,305 years between the birth of Arphaxad, two years after the flood, and the death of Terah.

The flood occurred in 3327 BC.

Genesis 5 in the Masoretic Text gives 1,656 years between the creation of Adam until the flood. This puts the creation of Adam at 4983 BC.

And since the record of time began with man's observation of it, the previous five days of creation fell on the previous year, 4984 BC.

I was unable to find how the Hebrew calendar reckons its epoch (first year). But I know how I reckoned mine, using only the Bible, not archaeological or relative dating, and how carefully I did the math, so even though I know the majority of young-Earth believers hold to 5782 or 6025 years, I trust the Bible.

Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟39,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is my Biblical Timeline. You can download it from my Google Drive for free. Please take the time to read the introduction at the beginning. It explains why, in my timeline, the age of the earth is 7,000 years old, not 6,000 years old. Questions, comments?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F2Op5uErY1dtIzUtW4kr68UeG_4soRJz/view?usp=sharing
Here is the updated link to my Google Drive:

Upvote 0