• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Freaking out about surgery

BoogieBear

May 1, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So I'm 22 I've had a pacemaker since I was 8 years old, I've been through alot of surgerys, I went through 3 years of them trying to find a way to put the lead into my heart instead of just on it, and on thursday May 17th I'll be going in for a pacemaker change because the battery doesn't have alot of life left, and the first lead revision, and because of my heart and what they went through with them trying to find the path in the first I'm scared, and I just can't seem to shake bad feelings, and depression, and I don't know how to ask God to help me because it's been so long since I've had a strong relationship with him, and I'm trying but I just can't seem to be able to let him in at this point because of IDK, I feel that I've tried to walk without him for so long I'm afraid that he won't be there now, because well tbh I don't know how to explain the feeling there, if anyone would be able to give me some advice I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,659.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am praying for you. The Lord always has His arms wide open to welcome you back into His fold. He is the good shepherd. He gave His life for the sheep. If one sheep goes astray He looks for the sheep. Just tell the Lord, you are sorry for not having Him in your life for so long. Tell Him you want Him to be Lord of your life again. He is waiting for you to do that. He loves you! You are His child! He died for you! He created you in His likeness. Call out to Him for help. He is always there for you.

God bless and keep you! God has a special plan for your life!

Upvote 0

BoogieBear

May 1, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Update so i went in on thursday my ma came up from tenn. To help me explain to the doc that my heart anatomy was different to most, and becaus eof how worried my ma was he decided to put contrast in my viens and take pics of my heart and other stuff that he coudl see, and he came out and told my ma he had never before seen anything like my heart, because blood was going around my heart then in, so he is now puttin in phone calls to people in boston, so hopefully in a month or so I'll know weither or not someone will replace my pacemaker genorator and possibly a lead revision... sorry i know i spelled some words wrong

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I feel that I've tried to walk without him for so long I'm afraid that he won't be there now,"

And THAT'S EXACTLY how satan (who HATES YOU) wants you to feel. Probably a lot of other feelings of guilt, and possibly some self loathing to boot. Don't buy into his "Blame game".

TELL the enemy to take his Judgementalism, and condemnation and stick it where the sun don't shine. God doesn't condemn - He "Convicts" of sin, and all you have to do is turn to Him in repentance, and He's there. HE never went anywhere.

Upvote 0