France's World Cup win is a victory for immigrants everywhere

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
France's World Cup win is a victory for immigrants everywhere
France's electrifying 4-2 World Cup win over Croatia represents a victory for Africa and immigrants everywhere.

The team's success is particularly noteworthy because of the way in which anti-immigrant sentiment, especially against migrants with African roots, has roiled French society over the past two decades. In 2005, racial and urban unrest gripped suburban housing projects outside of Paris in the wake of the death of two teenagers who were electrocuted in a substation after being chased by police. And just last month, riots erupted in the French city of Nantes, two hours outside of Paris, after a young Guinean immigrant was shot and killed after being stopped by the police.

Africans: We're supporting France cause they're just another African Team.

Ians of the World: Haha, no they're not!

French National Team:
Music Credit: DJ Marechal - Seka Seka

Last edited:
Reactions: Silmarien

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a celebration! It included teargas and water cannons!

4E4B243F00000578-5956427-image-a-111_1531695013179.jpg
4E4B5D8700000578-5956427-image-a-163_1531697459638.jpg

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't see it that way. France is also a Multiracial country and most of the immigrants were from the former French overseas colonies. Plus all the players were born in France and are not immigrants. Also, France won because they had the best players. France has had big tensions not so long ago and this win is good news for France. I knew France was going to win. However, Croatia played very well. If Croatia won I would still happy for them as well as they never won the World Cup. I sure it is a great moment for France, yet Croatia should be proud to get this far in the World Cup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's far more real and authentic than the WalkAway movement.

No it's not. It is a soccer team winning a soccer match. I mean if you want to say, "a diverse soccer team wins a soccer match", that's great, say that. If you even want to say, "The team's diversity made them stronger," then that's great, say that.

It's NOT a win for, say, people trying to come over the US border from Mexico. That's the fatally flawed logic of Identity Politics that SPAWNED the Walk Away movement.

????

• Winner
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's far more real and authentic than the WalkAway movement.

Not to mention that it's an actual GAME.

A GAME.

How can a game be more "real and authentic" than how people vote for, say, the Leader of the Free World?

Am I awake?

• Winner
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
No it's not. It is a soccer team winning a soccer match. I mean if you want to say, "a diverse soccer team wins a soccer match", that's great, say that. If you even want to say, "The team's diversity made them stronger," then that's great, say that.

It's NOT a win for, say, people trying to come over the US border from Mexico. That's the fatally flawed logic of Identity Politics that SPAWNED the Walk Away movement.

????
I'm a witness to the WalkAway movement! It's very real and authentic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Not to mention that it's an actual GAME.

A GAME.

How can a game be more "real and authentic" than how people vote for, say, the Leader of the Free World?

Am I awake?
Do you understand what you're writing? I think you're mixing up game as something that is play or pretend with a game that is a competition that actually occurs at a specific time and place. Capitalizing the word game does not change that you are merging two different meanings.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Do you understand what you're writing? I think you're mixing up game as something that is play or pretend with a game that is a competition that actually occurs at a specific time and place. Capitalizing the word game does not change that you are merging two different meanings.

The World Cup is a game. It's a tournament. A game.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You already played my game, it was hilarious.

So you lied about all of it for laughs. You're right, I'm trusting. I tend to think all people are pretty good. I was wrong about you. I won't be fooled again.

Upvote 0