• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Fr. Robert Sirico

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Fenwick, May 23, 2020.

1. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+7,794
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Does anybody know much about it? This coming week my favorite podcast is doing an episode each day and he's the featured guest on Monday. Some people on a the trad subreddit were making a stink about Sirico because he's apparently a former pentecostal minister and then sort of became a Fr. James Martin type figure where he was openly supportive of LGBT issues and eventually admitted his own homosexuality.

I don't know anything about him, but I can't imagine the podcast hosts inviting Fr. Sirico on to the show if that is still the kind of person he is. They're hardcore conservatives and orthodox Catholics.

They're doing a theme this week called "CathMinGov" where they've inviting guests on for different topics related to Catholicism, government, etc. I think Fr. Sirico recently published a book on economics and that may be why they're inviting him on, but I'm not sure.

I was just curious if anyone had any background on him or knew of any kind of reputation he has.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SashaMaria

SashaMaria Wandering Pilgrim

+73
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Sorry, I’ve never heard of him. However, I checked on Youtube and there are videos of him on EWTN with Raymond Arroyo, giving a talk at the Franciscan Univ. of Steubenville, an interview with Ron Paul, etc., etc. I didn’t watch any of the videos but the main topic seems to be economics.

He seems conservative nowadays.

3. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+7,794
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I figured as much, people change after all.

4. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+2,018
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    He used to be with the Paulists in Grand Rapids, MI. I was living there at the time, and I attended many Masses at the Paulist parish there. I met Fr. Sirico several times, and he heard my confession a few times. He always seemed okay to me; fairly conservative. He never gave me any bad or unorthodox advice in the confessional.

The only thing I found a little odd about him was that he took a leave of absence from the Paulists for a while and formed a conservative think tank called the "Acton Institute". It wasn't anything weird or outlandish, but I thought at the time it was sort of an odd thing for a priest to be involved in---it was primarily a secular enterprise, as I recall, but I don't remember much about it.

All this was better than 25 years ago, so what he's been involved in since then, I have no idea; but as I say, when I knew him he seemed like a decent enough guy and an okay priest.