Fr. Mike Schmitz to Read New Edition of Catechism in 2023 Podcast – Here’s a Sneak Peek!

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you think of this?

As ChurchPOP reported in June, Father Mike Schmitz will launch the ‘Catechism in a Year‘ podcast on Jan. 1, 2023.

The new podcast will go through the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church with 365 episodes (one per day).

Fr. Mike will narrate the episodes and feature special guests, including his ‘Bible in a Year’ co-host, Jeff Cavins.

The podcast will also feature guests Minnesota Bishop Andrew Cozzens, professor of Scripture Mary Healy, and Sister Miriam Heidland, SOLT.

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

As ChurchPOP reported in June, Father Mike Schmitz will launch the ‘Catechism in a Year‘ podcast on Jan. 1, 2023.

The new podcast will go through the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church with 365 episodes (one per day).

Fr. Mike will narrate the episodes and feature special guests, including his ‘Bible in a Year’ co-host, Jeff Cavins.

The podcast will also feature guests Minnesota Bishop Andrew Cozzens, professor of Scripture Mary Healy, and Sister Miriam Heidland, SOLT.

Continued below.
I’m excited for it. Also glad Mary Healy and bishop Cozzens will be involved. I am very impressed with both of them. And Jeff Cavins! I don’t know a thing about sister Heidland, but if she’s like the others she’ll be great too.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm reading the Catechism now, getting close to halfway, but it's such a dense work I know a second or third reading would barely have me understanding the full depth of it's contents.
Keep going. It’s worth it. Just like Bible reading is worth it, even if it’s difficult.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Continued below.
I was on board as soon as I heard about it. I’m signed up now and can’t wait. There are some introductory podcasts by bishop Cousins and Jeff Cavins that have been superlative. This is something I wish we would all do.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was on board as soon as I heard about it. I’m signed up now and can’t wait. There are some introductory podcasts by bishop Cousins and Jeff Cavins that have been superlative. This is something I wish we would all do.
I definitely plan on listening in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(OSV News) — “Oh ya baby!” read Jane Hernandez’s Facebook post, adorned with a heart-eyed, smiley face emoji. The Nov. 22 message was paired with an image from a package tracker, showing an item as being just four days away.

The anticipated purchase: a new copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church — and just in time for “The Catechism in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)” podcast’s 2023 debut.

Hernandez, a lifelong Catholic who lives in central Nebraska’s Sandhills, is among more than 93,000 members of an official Facebook group for “The Catechism in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz).”

“I’m hoping that it shows me the way to be a better Catholic, to be a better person, better able to follow God’s word,” Hernandez, 60, said of the podcast.

Continued below.

Upvote 0