Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The popular Coptic priest preaches covers modern Christian notions that aren't in the Bible in his series, "Things Jesus Never Said". In his third sermon, he covers the modern equation of Forgiveness with Forgetting which is something that he believes to not just be unrealistic, but also something that really isn't found in the Bible.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ah I cannot watch now since I'm at work - I hope I remember to later when I can. I'm glad it popped up and I was reading notifications. I'm very interested to hear the whole series. Sounds very good!

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I hate Fr. Anthony's style more than anything in the entire world (slick, very Protestant-influenced, etc.), but this is a good idea for a series. Thank you, Pavel.

His style has usually been a plus since I have cited him as a resource for a lot of people outside of Orthodoxy etc. Especially his sermon on "Finding the Strength to Go on" listed below. I did however have to give disclaimer to my mother yesterday before sending her and my dad video links. "He is not the usual dignified priest. He preaches a lot to the youth, high school kids, and college age folks so he is more energetic and casual than most"

My Lutheran mom has had serious health issues and is in the life review phase that happens if they wonder if their health is going to go unravel fast.... Anyway in talking about her life and her past, being raised by a mother that I believe suffered from Narcissistic Personality Disorder so she basically is trying to deal with that especially the issue of not going down to the grave holding a grudge.

Upvote 0