Fr. Altman says his office received ‘vile, despicable’ phone calls after video saying Catholics...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...can’t be Democrat

'The people that took offense are the ones that, well, think that it is okay to chop up 10,000 babies on a Saturday.'

September 29, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — Praise God for Father James Altman! His courageous decision to tell the truth about how Catholics cannot be Democrats has rallied thousands of faithful Catholics across not just the United States but the entire world.

I had the great pleasure to sit down with Father on my podcast earlier today. I wanted to know why he decided to speak out and what it’s meant to him to see so many Catholics rally behind him. I also asked him for his take on why so many Catholics have come to his support.

Father said he didn’t set out with any real agenda in making his videos, but that he felt that the laity have been without leaders in the Church, and that he simply needed to speak the truth. He said many laity are at a breaking point and that shutting their churches down during COVID-19 was a last straw.

“These people paid for those altars that they ripped apart. They paid for those statues of Our Blessed Mother that they threw in the dumpster. They paid for that communion rail that they tore down. They paid for everything that they painted over. And now…after 18 years of one scandal after another…the coup de grace — they lock them out of their churches [during COVID-19]…these people are mad and they have a reason to be mad.”

“They just finally got someone to actually say [what they are all thinking]. Everyone’s so chicken. They’re afraid of the persecution. Well, I don't know. Maybe I'm just too naive or dumb.”

What many people may not know about Fr. Altman is that he was a lawyer before he became a priest. And it wasn’t until after he was 40 years old that he was ordained. He said he has a thick skin and that he had to feed his flock the “meat and potatoes” so they could be nourished.

Continued below.
Fr. Altman says his office received ‘vile, despicable’ phone calls after video saying Catholics can’t be Democrat

Reactions: Dansiph

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...can’t be Democrat

'The people that took offense are the ones that, well, think that it is okay to chop up 10,000 babies on a Saturday.'

September 29, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — Praise God for Father James Altman! His courageous decision to tell the truth about how Catholics cannot be Democrats has rallied thousands of faithful Catholics across not just the United States but the entire world.

I had the great pleasure to sit down with Father on my podcast earlier today. I wanted to know why he decided to speak out and what it’s meant to him to see so many Catholics rally behind him. I also asked him for his take on why so many Catholics have come to his support.

Father said he didn’t set out with any real agenda in making his videos, but that he felt that the laity have been without leaders in the Church, and that he simply needed to speak the truth. He said many laity are at a breaking point and that shutting their churches down during COVID-19 was a last straw.

“These people paid for those altars that they ripped apart. They paid for those statues of Our Blessed Mother that they threw in the dumpster. They paid for that communion rail that they tore down. They paid for everything that they painted over. And now…after 18 years of one scandal after another…the coup de grace — they lock them out of their churches [during COVID-19]…these people are mad and they have a reason to be mad.”

“They just finally got someone to actually say [what they are all thinking]. Everyone’s so chicken. They’re afraid of the persecution. Well, I don't know. Maybe I'm just too naive or dumb.”

What many people may not know about Fr. Altman is that he was a lawyer before he became a priest. And it wasn’t until after he was 40 years old that he was ordained. He said he has a thick skin and that he had to feed his flock the “meat and potatoes” so they could be nourished.

Continued below.
Fr. Altman says his office received ‘vile, despicable’ phone calls after video saying Catholics can’t be Democrat
Fearless: The Holy Boldness of Jesus and the Saints

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0