• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Fox News Poll of potential 2020 matchups

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by essentialsaltes, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+5,461
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Do you consider 5% a lot? Because that’s how much of the US debt China holds. They are our only major foreign creditor that can be classed as “unfriendly”.

2. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm pointing out that trickle down is fact of economics, not right wing rhetoric.

3. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
  4. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I'd say that 5 percent of a huge number is a lot if expressed in dollars and not a percentage.

5. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,943
    Atheist
    Private
    Like I said, it is great you have faith in this but is doesn't do much to support the earlier claim that this opinion will drive a useful number of undecided voters to pick the GOP candidate.

6. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,943
    Atheist
    Private
    Seems like a potential for some confusion between a cut in rates and and overall cut in tax burden.

But in any case, looks to be yet another example of things which are important to people who vote far-right regardless not being important to the moderate voters needed for far-right candidates to get elected.

7. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The last mid-term congressional election followed the usual pattern, no real surprises.

8. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,416
    Baptist
    Married
    Polls are absolutely meaningless at this point. It's just Fox News trying to scare conservatives to get out and vote in 2020. This happens every 4 years. Just go back and look at the polling numbers every year prior to an election year...you'll see the same trend; Dems are up by X every time.

9. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,943
    Atheist
    Private
  10. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The election followed the usual pattern, albeit a larger loss than usual for the incumbent president.

"Midterm elections are sometimes regarded as a referendum on the sitting president's and/or incumbent party's performance. The party of the incumbent president tends to lose ground during midterm elections":

United States midterm election - Wikipedia

11. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,943
    Atheist
    Private
    Hey, if GOP candidates want to write off how big a drag the incumbent president is on their chances I'm not going to stop them.

12. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+11,185
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    See? Proof that Trump beats them all once you take out the Mexican voters.

13. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Aren't you supposed to be on Mars? ^_^

14. cow451

+11,185
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    That mission was fake.

15. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I suspected as much. ^_^

16. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+995
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  17. cow451

+11,185
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    The people on the 9/11 planes have been colonizing Mars for 18 years. Bet you thought they were in Tahiti. The fake mission is going to provide cover for the 20th anniversary. Trump is going to send a marching band and some tanks for big parade at Camp Comb-over.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,405
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    She is white and I haven't seen that she is L, G, B, T, or Q. It will be uphill for her too.

Oh well. I'm not going to vote for ANY Democrat of any designation until they put up an actual pro-life candidate. Someone like Hubert Humphrey. But I won't hold my breath.

19. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+995
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    According to the pole that doesn't seem to be that important, I wouldn't think that had ever been that important anyway except in a few select cities. She comes up with the right "opinion/stance on certain issues" she'll do alright they'll not worry about her sexual alphabet or lack thereof.

20. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,228
    Non-Denom
    Single