Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
it means that you're going to suffer massive losses in November and that you are still in deep denial. so if media news makes you happy, have fun.

sinner/saved is a Democrat, not a Republican, so that doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Has anyone else wondered just what exactly will happen to the GOP in November if they don't have this prophecied wildly triumphant takeover that they've been screaming about for what, the past year and a half?

It should be amusing to watch. If they fail to live up to all their ridiculous bragging, the party will probably implode in a paroxysm of despair.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MSNBS gains.

What can it mean?

It means that liberals realize the ship is sinking out from underneath them and they're feverishly grasping at every straw they can in a vain hope to stay afloat just a little bit longer. Ergo, you have a meaningless hiccup in TV new ratings (which may or may not have been completely manufatured by a poisonously partisan liberal site), and they try to build it up into a major coup.

That's all it means.

Upvote 0

childofGod1

Aug 21, 2010
✟18,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reid is going to win because he's the senior loon in the senate and that's critical for Nevadans. even I'm voting for him for that reason and that reason alone.

you're going to lose, and lose big.

Do you support Reid's policies? If not, why would you vote to keep giving greater power to someone you don't agree with?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It means that liberals realize the ship is sinking out from underneath them and they're feverishly grasping at every straw they can in a vain hope to stay afloat just a little bit longer. Ergo, you have a meaningless hiccup in TV new ratings (which may or may not have been completely manufatured by a poisonously partisan liberal site), and they try to build it up into a major coup.

That's all it means.

Your comment follows no logic. Fox news is losing viewers! It isn't the other way around....It is more about conservatives getting tired of the lies. Eventually, only the hard-core fringe will be watching Fox....

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your comment follows no logic. Fox news is losing viewers! It isn't the other way around....It is more about conservatives getting tired of the lies. Eventually, only the hard-core fringe will be watching Fox....

Actually, it's only the hard-core left fringe that are watching MSNBC. You need to step back and view the wide picture. ;)

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Actually, it's only the hard-core left fringe that are watching MSNBC. You need to step back and view the wide picture. ;)
So your argument is that people are leaving Fox news, turning into hard-core left fringe types, and tuning into MSNBC? Did I get that right? Other than that, you don't seem to be articulating anything except anger....

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So your argument is that people are leaving Fox news, turning into hard-core left fringe types, and tuning into MSNBC?

Not at all. I already said that this is a meaningless ratings hiccup. The left is seizing on this and trying to build it up into a major defection to the left, which it isn't.

Other than that, you don't seem to be articulating anything except anger....

On the contrary, I am not angry in the slightest. Amused, but definitely not angry.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not at all. I already said that this is a meaningless ratings hiccup. The left is seizing on this and trying to build it up into a major defection to the left, which it isn't.

Kinda like the right is pretending that people are defecting to the Republicans, and not further left or to smaller parties or independents.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kinda like the right is pretending that people are defecting to the Republicans, and not further left or to smaller parties or independents.

I sincerely hope that people aren't defecting to the Republicans. But I'm hoping that they'll do the smart, long-range thing, which is to vote Republican this cycle to neutralize Obama, then turn completely over to independant conservatives for 2012 and beyond.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Show us it is a ratings hiccup. You say it is true so surely you have the evidence to support your claim.... I would love to see your evidence.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I enjoy how the Republicans in this thread have somehow managed to twist data showing a decrease of viewership in the conservative network and an increase in a supposedly liberal one to mean that hordes of people are becoming Republican, only the far left fringe watches MSNBC and that the GOP will will big in November.

I mean, what?.... :waaah:

Upvote 0

childofGod1

Aug 21, 2010
✟18,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just a guess. The ratings change is compared with the same time last year. Last year there were a lot of breaking stories, one after another. You could watch Fox all day and not see the same story reported twice. This year, the news business is a bit calmer. People are flipping channels more. I don't think it has anything to do with changing loyalties. I think Fox viewers simply have time to take a peek at what the other side is up to. That's what I've been doing, anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Threadkiller

Aug 21, 2010
Midwest
✟923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I enjoy how the Republicans in this thread have somehow managed to twist data showing a decrease of viewership in the conservative network and an increase in a supposedly liberal one to mean that hordes of people are becoming Republican, only the far left fringe watches MSNBC and that the GOP will will big in November.

I got a thrill up my leg just reading that....

Upvote 0

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I noticed on TVnewser too that MSNBC surpassed CNN in all day viewers too. They used to only be competitive in prime time and their daytime numbers were horrible but I guess Chuck Todd having a show turned that around.

Upvote 0

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I got a thrill up my leg just reading that....

Let's talk about Chris Matthews for a minute. Chris is not a policy guy. Rachel, Ed, and Keith might be but Chris is more of a sportscaster in the world of politics. If he does discuss policy, its in the context of how it will affect elections. If he finds a speech or something inspiring, he'll say so no matter who said it. You know Media Matters that Bill O'reilly is always whining about? They probably go after Chris more often. Most liberals are not a fan of Matthews.

Upvote 0

TeaPartier

May 22, 2010
✟15,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think people are just sick of the news. The OP is misleading-they make it seem like MSNBC is actually in the same league as Fox. I used to be a news junkie, but I can't take the news anymore. I would be a depressed mess if I had to listen to the politicians say the same thing over and over again and know the country is going down the tubes.

Upvote 0