Fox News Dem poll worker ejected for pre-selecting 'straight Dem ticket' on voting machine, calling

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,070.00
Faith
Pentecostal
but in terms of their practical impact, they're one in the same...they're making people uncomfortable doing a civic duty that shouldn't make anyone uncomfortable (besides the discomfort of having to pick between two terrible options in many cases lol, but that's a different subject)

I do t think it's the sam impact at all. The dudes outside are not telling anyone who to vote for nor filling out ballots for them.

I think that's worse cause its directly affecting the election by having people specifically vote for certain candidates. The dudes might make people uncomfortable but that's all they were doing. They were not filling out ballots to have people vote for certain candidates.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do t think it's the sam impact at all. The dudes outside are not telling anyone who to vote for nor filling out ballots for them.

I think that's worse cause its directly affecting the election by having people specifically vote for certain candidates. The dudes might make people uncomfortable but that's all they were doing. They were not filling out ballots to have people vote for certain candidates.

But they could be scaring people out of voting who may have gotten one look at them, and then turned around and went home instead of voting.

Both are potentially skewing the outcomes. One by creating an artificial surplus of votes for their own particular team, the other creating an artificial deficit of votes for the other team.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm reminded of the threads on transgender bathrooms. As I recall the argument there was we can't let men int he bathroom because it might make women uncomfortable. Here apparently it is A-OK to make people uncomfortable as long as you don't tell them how to vote.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm reminded of the threads on transgender bathrooms. As I recall the argument there was we can't let men int he bathroom because it might make women uncomfortable. Here apparently it is A-OK to make people uncomfortable as long as you don't tell them how to vote.

There have been instances of rapes and assaults happening from transgenders being in bathrooms with women. There are no instances of a poll watcher assaulting a voter or preventing them from voting.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
There have been instances of rapes and assaults happening from transgenders being in bathrooms with women. There are no instances of a poll watcher assaulting a voter or preventing them from voting.

Citation needed

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I'm sorry, did you just claim there have been no cases of voter intimidation?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

I’ll give you the first one.

The second one is about how transgendered people are being assaulted in restrooms. NOT transgender people assaulting others like you claimed.

The third one is interesting because it actually is what you are fighting for. If you had your way, the assailant would be forced to use the same restroom as the victim.

The final one is very questionable whether it was a transgender person. I haven’t found an article referring to the assailant as female. Preventing transgendered people from certain restrooms would have no bearing on that case.

So you have one instance when you claimed multiple and you have two sources that actually show the dangers of following your desire to prevent transgender people from using the restroom of their choosing.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Are you referring to the armed guys in tactical gear "monitoring" the drop boxes?

While I'm not aware of any instances of physical assault, I don't see how one can definitely say they haven't prevented someone from voting.

Monitors at Arizona ballot drop boxes draw complaints of voter intimidation

I would have to imagine that there's at least a few people who drove up, saw them strolling around like that, and decided to keep driving out of fear of confrontation. There have been multiple complaints made about it...a few of them:

An incident at a drop box in the Phoenix suburbs — where voters were filmed, photographed and followed by car out of a parking lot — was referred to the U.S. Department of Justice by the Arizona secretary of state's office.

A separate complaint was filed last week, after "camo clad people" took pictures of a voter and their vehicle's license plate at Maricopa County election headquarters.

And on Friday, Maricopa County sheriff's deputies responded to two men, armed and dressed in tactical gear, standing watch at a drop box in Mesa.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yes, as you note, there is a measure of hypocrisy there with regards to topic of "what makes people uncomfortable"

Admittedly, the dynamics are a little different between the two situations. But none the less, the dynamics I'm referring to are irrelevant with regards to the self-centered mindset of the people defending the "armed dropbox watchers".

The example I would've used to highlight the absurdity is their reactions to this, vs. how they reacted to a football player kneeling.

If someone feels that "football player didn't stand for symbolic song" is more problematic than "masked, armed dudes in camo filming people then following their cars when they try to leave", then there's likely no middle ground to be found as they're undoubtedly wearing the world's largest partisan blinders..

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see. So nothing about voter intimidation against women's fears which were the two things being compared?

Care to reword that sentence? It didn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you referring to the armed guys in tactical gear "monitoring" the drop boxes?

While I'm not aware of any instances of physical assault, I don't see how one can definitely say they haven't prevented someone from voting.

Monitors at Arizona ballot drop boxes draw complaints of voter intimidation

I would have to imagine that there's at least a few people who drove up, saw them strolling around like that, and decided to keep driving out of fear of confrontation. There have been multiple complaints made about it...a few of them:

An incident at a drop box in the Phoenix suburbs — where voters were filmed, photographed and followed by car out of a parking lot — was referred to the U.S. Department of Justice by the Arizona secretary of state's office.

A separate complaint was filed last week, after "camo clad people" took pictures of a voter and their vehicle's license plate at Maricopa County election headquarters.

And on Friday, Maricopa County sheriff's deputies responded to two men, armed and dressed in tactical gear, standing watch at a drop box in Mesa.

There will always be instances where people complain about being intimidated. Seems that it's only certain ones that can be used in a political way that gets addressed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Care to reword that sentence? It didn't make sense.

I'm comparing women's fears to voter intimidation. Your claims that I need to show assaults falls flat. I simply need to show people have been intimidated.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm comparing women's fears to voter intimidation. Your claims that I need to show assaults falls flat. I simply need to show people have been intimidated.

Can a woman's fears include fear of the ballot box that someone is observing? Or can a woman feel intimidated when a man takes his clothes off in front of her in the women's room at a gym?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Can a woman's fears include fear of the ballot box that someone is observing? Or can a woman feel intimidated when a man takes his clothes off in front of her in the women's room at a gym?

You have fun going down that rabbit hole. I'm sticking with my original observation.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have fun going down that rabbit hole. I'm sticking with my original observation.

And what would that be? I asked you to clarify your position but you didn't even try. I'm trying to figure out which women's fears you're comparing to voters' fears.
Keep in mind that more than half of voters are women.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
And what would that be? I asked you to clarify your position but you didn't even try. I'm trying to figure out which women's fears you're comparing to voters' fears.
Keep in mind that more than half of voters are women.
If my position is not already clear then I'm afraid it will remain a mystery for you.

Upvote 0