loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fox News admits job growth was stronger under Obama than Trump - theGrio
President Donald Trump does a lot of talking about how great he has been for job growthand how he has been breaking records and doing better than Obama at, well everything. The problem is that’s not actually true.

The official monthly jobs report for this past December was a let down with the Labor Department estimating that the economy added only 148,000 jobs in the last month of 2017. It doesn’t end there either.
tulc(MAGA by pretending to be good at something and hope no one notices?) :scratch:

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Check the growth for 2010. In comparing job growth under the two, Obama has an advantage with eight years to Trump's one.

The 2017 number, does not include the jobs Keystone XL Pipeline will create, which promises "tens of thousands of well paying jobs". We'll see how things pan out at the end of 2018.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Let's correct that. Fox News admitted that job growth rose in 2010 only to fall back again and stay down for the rest of Obama's time in office. Then, in the first year of the Trump administration, it surged.

The whole premise behind trying to make Obama seem more successful at this than Trump is rather silly, anyway, since it rests upon the idea that eight years of what is universally called The Great Recession, since it was the longest recession in US history, can be fairly compared to what as happened in less than a year of the new one.

We elect people to solve problems. If there's no improvement in eight years, it is a failure, no matter what might have happened in the first months of the succeeding administration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Check the growth for 2010. In comparing job growth under the two, Obama has an advantage with eight years to Trump's one.

The 2017 number, does not include the jobs Keystone XL Pipeline will create, which promises "tens of thousands of well paying jobs". We'll see how things pan out at the end of 2018.
Creating Jobs

During construction, Keystone XL would create significant employment benefits in the form of tens of thousands of well-paying jobs and associated earnings throughout the U.S.
http://www.keystone-xl.com/benefits/job-creation/

That pipeline started in 2012, so most of the temporary construction employees have already been hired and have been working on the pipeline since then. There will be very few permanent jobs created.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still obsessed with Trump tulc? Let's be honest here for once shall we?

Donald Trump lifted the Dow Jones industrial average in his first year in office more than any other president since Franklin Roosevelt.

The Dow has surged more than 31 percent since Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20, 2017. That marks the index's best performance during a president's first year since Roosevelt. The Dow skyrocketed 96.5 percent during Roosevelt's first year in office.

The Dow's 31% gain during Trump's first year is the best since FDR

In the year since President Donald Trump has been in office, the economy has done something it has been unable to do since 2005 — maintain 3 percent growth for three quarters in a row.

Trump economy's sustained growth pace unlike anything seen in 13 years

The national unemployment rate for black Americans, ages 16 and over, is the lowest it has been in 17 years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In November 2016, the unemployment rate for black people was at 8 percent, and in November 2017 that rate dropped to 7.3 percent — a percentage not seen since the months of September, October and November 2000.

Black Unemployment Rate Under Trump is the Lowest it Has Been in 17 Years

Black Employment Up, Up, Up Under Trump

The Hispanic unemployment rate fell to 4.7% last month, down from 4.8%. Overall U.S. unemployment remained at 4.1%, a 17-year low. The Labor Department has unemployment data broken down by race and ethnicity dating back to 1973.

Hispanic unemployment at all-time low under Trump

"This labor market is still really firing on all cylinders," says Scott Anderson, chief economist at Bank of the West in San Francisco.

U.S. unemployment drops to lowest in 17 years

The number of Americans receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly referred to as food stamps, continues to drop, according to the latest numbers released by the United States Department of Agriculture, which oversees the program.

Food Stamp Usage Has Fallen Every Month of Trump Presidency - Breitbart

Trump has had a steady growth under his administration at building jobs:

Trump Scoreboard shows 1.7 million new jobs created during presidency

Under Trump administration so far, monthly job creation has continued

U.S. job growth trumps expectations, hourly wages rise | New Hampshire

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Dow has surged more than 31 percent since Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20, 2017. That marks the index's best performance during a president's first year since Roosevelt. The Dow skyrocketed 96.5 percent during Roosevelt's first year in office.
Did you know that in Obama's first year, during the recession when the economy was failing, the Dow surged 28%.
Here’s how stock performance in Trump’s first year compares to other presidents
In the year since President Donald Trump has been in office, the economy has done something it has been unable to do since 2005 — maintain 3 percent growth for three quarters in a row.
Hmm...I don't think we have the figure for the 4th quarter yet so we don't know if that will be true, hopefully it is.
Real GDP growth in the United States, by quarter 2011-2017 | Statistic
In November 2016, the unemployment rate for black people was at 8 percent, and in November 2017 that rate dropped to 7.3 percent — a percentage not seen since the months of September, October and November 2000.
In 2011, it was 16.7 it has been steadily dropping ever since. Sometimes more than it did in 2017. When Trump entered in January of 2017 the rate was 7.8. Sorry no trophy for this one but definitely a gold star for keeping the trend going.

By the time Trump entered the Oval Office in January 2017, the black unemployment rate was at 7.8 percent.
“From January to December 2017, the unemployment rate among black Americans fell 1 percentage point,” Bump explains. “During the same period in 2016, it fell the same amount. In 2015, it fell 1.9 points. The previous year, it fell 1.5 points. The year before that, it fell 1.8 points.”

Trump says he deserves credit for the lowest black unemployment rate in decades. He doesn’t.

I can tell you for sure there is one area that will have large growth in 2018, and that will be CPAs going to many classes to study up on all the changes to the tax code.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still obsessed with Trump tulc? Let's be honest here for once shall we? (snip)
Well...I have to admit ever since I was a little kid and accidentally caught on fire I've always paid close attention to dumpster fires and such, and since he's the biggest one I've ever seen...if that means I'm "obsessed" I guess I can live with that. :sorry:
tulc(wonders if that was honest enough?) :scratch:

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well...I have to admit ever since I was a little kid and accidentally caught on fire I've always paid close attention to dumpster fires and such, and since he's the biggest one I've ever seen...if that means I'm "obsessed" I guess I can live with that. :sorry:
tulc(wonders if that was honest enough?) :scratch:

And because of attitudes such as yours above, is one big reason why we're currently in a government shutdown. Many of the democrats seem to be more concerned about making President Trump look bad, than about the American people, and that should not be.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And because of attitudes such as yours above, is one big reason why we're currently in a government shutdown. Many of the democrats seem to be more concerned about making President Trump look bad, than about the American people, and that should not be.
It's adorable how everyone is being blamed for the shut-down...well everyone EXCEPT the Party that controls both Houses and the White House of course. "It's the Democrats, it's "the deep state", it's the people who point out how poor of a job the reality tv star is doing his job." Everyone excepty the people in power are at fault for this. I was under the impression "Party of personal responsibility" meant, you know, personally taking responsibility, not "it's everyone elses fault but ours!" heck in 2013 President Trump said:
'Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,' Trump told Fox & Friends in 2013.

'I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president's the leader.
'And he's got to get everybody in a room and he's got to lead.'

Trump said that from a historical standpoint, 'when they talk about the government shutdown, they're going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.'

'They're not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who's running things in Washington.

'So I really think the pressure is on the president.'(emph. added)
So, for at least this one time, I agree with President Trump. :wave:
tulc(never thought he'd say that but, there it is) :)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you comparing only the Obama numbers from 2010 on? I notice Fox did not include 2009. I guess Trump has another 7 years to prove them wrong. ^_^
...you mean when the economy was in shambles from the last Republican President? And we had to start the long climb into the vastly superior economy President Trump inherited?
Like this:
Economic Record: President Obama

tulc(doesn't actually see your point in that last part) :scratch:

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's adorable how everyone is being blamed for the shut-down...well everyone EXCEPT the Party that controls both Houses and the White House of course. "It's the Democrats, it's "the deep state", it's the people who point out how poor of a job the reality tv star is doing his job." Everyone excepty the people in power are at fault for this. I was under the impression "Party of personal responsibility" meant, you know, personally taking responsibility, not "it's everyone elses fault but ours!" heck in 2013 President Trump said:

So, for at least this one time, I agree with President Trump. :wave:
tulc(never thought he'd say that but, there it is) :)

Interesting, I thought personal responsibility means just that, personal, not a group of others holding one responsible, but taking responsibility personally. Apparently it came down to 3 republicans and 5 democrats, all knowing what the outcome would be. To think one man is responsible for all this is utterly absurd and shows no understanding of how our government works.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's adorable how everyone is being blamed for the shut-down...well everyone EXCEPT the Party that controls both Houses and the White House of course.
In the midterms we need to get rid of enough Democrats so that we can get to 60 votes. Regardless of who controls what, without 60 votes in the senate there is no budget. Ever. Learn this.

By the way, democrats. Please remember to pay the difference between what your taxes are under Trump and what they would have been without the tax cut. After all, NOT A SINGLE Democrat voted for the tax cut. Don't be a hypocrite. Send in the extra $$$$.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)

By the way, democrats. Please remember to pay the difference between what your taxes are under Trump and what they would have been without the tax cut. After all, NOT A SINGLE Democrat voted for the tax cut. Don't be a hypocrite. Send in the extra $$$$.
Sure...right after all the Republicans pay back the money they've stolen over the years from Social Security to give their rich idols tax cuts. :wave:
tulc(seems only fair) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting, I thought personal responsibility means just that, personal, not a group of others holding one responsible, but taking responsibility personally. Apparently it came down to 3 republicans and 5 democrats, all knowing what the outcome would be. To think one man is responsible for all this is utterly absurd and shows no understanding of how our government works. (emph. added)
...shouldn't you be telling President Trump that as well? He's the one who said it. :wave:
tulc(was just quoting him) :sorry:

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...shouldn't you be telling President Trump that as well? He's the one who said it. :wave:
tulc(was just quoting him) :sorry:

Nah, I'm just a common. Trump is arrogant, but it seems to go with the territory of rich and famous and powerful.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure...right after all the Republicans pay back the money they've stolen over the years from Social Security to give their rich idols tax cuts.
Only Republicans?
Typical Democrat!
What about the money the Democrats stole over the years?
Social Security was a Ponzi Scheme from day one. Money collected went into the general fund. The retirement age was sat at 65 because that was the average life expectancy. You were supposed to pay in your entire life and then die within a year or so of retirement.

Of course, you might have noticed all the money coming into the federal government lately. That's because when you don't over-regulate industry and and you cut taxes the resulting increase in GDP results in a net gain to taxable income, not a loss. That was proven by JFK... a Democrat, by the way.

Upvote 0