Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
With that said, y'all can't distinguish when your president is openly mocking someone with a handicap by mimicking their movements. Nor do you seem perturbed by his celebration of patterned sexual assault behaviour.

I do not, and would not expect y'all to figure out whether this guy was joking or not.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ha. You are incorrect sir/ma'am. And I am not surprised. I don't think you understand how idiotic the anti-intellectual/elitists movement is.

He has NOT indicated he was joking. He said, instead that people need to lighten up. Not in the context of it being a joke. He stated that he "also advocates for drinking from garden hoses and biking with a helmet...cue outrage". In other words, "all these things are fine". He indicated that he "doesn't get sick".

My favourite thing in this thread is that a fool says something foolish and, to excuse his foolish statement, someone misunderstands how the exchanges carries itself out. The link below ACTUALLY carries the exchange. "Not a single human being watching".
I disagree. Vehemently. In fact, the dude gave ABSOLUTELY no sense that he was joking. He even doubles down on it and then justifies what he says. His cohosts laughed because it's a RIDICULOUS thing to think and do. You misinterpreted THEIR REACTION to what he said with his intent.

So now the question for you HTacianas:
Do you think that drinking from garden hose is more/less/equally gross as not washing your hands for 10 years?

As a sidebar, I can't help but feel glad I have never shook that guys hand and I have some significant shaudenfreude for people in his circle who have.

Actually, there is even MORE funny stuff if you watch his twitter feed. Because he vacillates between hinting it is a joke and then retweet tweets that SUPPORT him and have the hashtag #dontwash

The President and Pete's response to this is that America has to "lighten up". I disagree. I think it has to "smarten up". Frankly, I don't think he was joking at all and I see no signs to suggest that he was not telling the truth. What I DO see are, essentially, "lighten up. It's just my hands. I'm healthy. It's not that big of a deal....that I don't wash my hands".

You might have a point that it wasn't a joke except for all the laughter.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You might have a point that it wasn't a joke except for all the laughter.
You know how when your cousin stepped on a rake and got whapped in the head and it was funny.
His intention wasn't to make you laugh.
Even the look on pete's face suggested he was a bit surprised at the laughter.

I very much doubt the point of the flat earther websites is to make me laugh...and countless thousand others.
And yet here we are....

Again, I appreciate the simplicity you attempt to understand the world you live in but I worry you are misunderstanding a lot of social interactions.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My favorite thread of the day. :clap: Liberals, please keep it coming about how you think he was serious. Let's see those IQ's in action!

#dontwash #ridewithouthelmets #stickforksintoasters
Other than it being a completely ludicrous thing to say, there is no reason to think that he was joking.

What reasons do you have for believing he was joking?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Other than it being a completely ludicrous thing to say, there is no reason to think that he was joking.

You said it yourself. Merriam Webster definition of ludicrous: adj. so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous.

What reasons do you have for believing he was joking?
A human uses its hands to wash everything else it washes. It's almost impossible to go 10 years without exposing your hands to soap and water.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You said it yourself. Merriam Webster definition of ludicrous: adj. so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous.
I feel the same way about people who argue about a flat earth. And yet their INTENT is not to tell a joke; They are NOT joking. They believe, with sincerity, what they think is true and good and correct.

A human uses its hands to wash everything else it washes. It's almost impossible to go 10 years without exposing your hands to soap and water.
Nobody argues he doesn't wash his dishes. Nobody argues he doesn't take a shower.

He is suggesting he never dedicates a moment to wash his hands, say, before a meal or after you sneeze/cough in your hands and go to a dinner party where you shake other's hands.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I feel the same way about people who argue about a flat earth. And yet their INTENT is not to tell a joke; They are NOT joking. They believe, with sincerity, what they think is true and good and correct.

Nobody argues he doesn't wash his dishes. Nobody argues he doesn't take a shower.

He is suggesting he never dedicates a moment to wash his hands, say, before a meal or after you sneeze/cough in your hands and go to a dinner party where you shake other's hands.
Okay you've convinced me. This TV personality has not washed his hands in 10 years, and admitted it front of an audience of millions. Although the audience here at CF is much less, I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly admit that I haven't brushed my teeth in 15 years, I smoke crack in school zones, and in my spare time I shake babies.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Okay you've convinced me. This TV personality has not washed his hands in 10 years, and admitted it front of an audience of millions. Although the audience here at CF is much less, I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly admit that I haven't brushed my teeth in 15 years, I smoke crack in school zones, and in my spare time I shake babies.
Of course he was joking, when you see the clip.

Thing is, its the kind of Foxy weirdness that wouldn't surprise us if it was serious.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Of course he was joking, when you see the clip.

Thing is, its the kind of Foxy weirdness that wouldn't surprise us if it was serious.
It was the CNN personality who actually thought the A-OK hand gesture was a sign of white supremacists. I wish it were otherwise, but the sad fact of reality is that it's like bullying: the easier you are to troll, the more you're going to get trolled. And when someone gets outraged by Pepe the frog, it really is kind of a failed IQ test, isn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So....nothing .

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So....nothing .
Wut? I admitted you were right. The man has not washed his hands in 10 years. I concede defeat to you and you respond with "So....nothing". I'm confused. This is some heavy gamesmanship. Has the troll become the trolled, or has the trolled become the troll? Please please tell me what you really think about this man's hygiene! Please please tell me this is a news story!

Upvote 0