Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
In my younger days I stepped in and stopped the rape of two different women from happening on two different occasions. In the second case the man was armed with a knife. Both times I managed to get the rape stopped using no weapon other than a bit of brute strength combined with words of wisdom.

Do I see myself as wrong for defending those women? Absolutely not. And I would have willingly died to allow them an opening to flea their attackers.

On another occasion my oldest son was busy out back of my home working in my garage and I looked out the back window of my home just in time to see a car fly into my driveway and a rather large and muscular man jump out and grab my son and start pounding his head into the cement floor with his fists. Did I hesitate to take action? No, I ran out there to the garage and grabbed the man up into a sleeper hold, keeping him bent just enough to keep him off balance while hollering to my neighbor to call the police, which they did.

I may have choked the life right out of that man that time for he was really fighting me and that had me afraid to loosen up my choke-hold on him. But an interesting thing happened. A young woman entered my garage and gently placed her hand on my shoulder and said very softly, don't do it. And she convinced him to calm down as well as me to let fully go of him so that he could stand fully upright face to face with me. And he and I and the young woman resolved it peacefully.

If we are going to defend ourselves it must be done in that kind of a controlled manner whenever possible. But this atmosphere we see being generated is not promoting that. The attitude that is being promoted is"hate and kill the attacker and feel no remorse." It is highly ungodly.

In fact, hate born of fear is all that is being encouraged by most who speak up on this matter. It is natural that we should hate these evil things. But it is the spiritual malady that we need to see and hate if we would really be effective. Our hate of people side-tracks that from happening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The real threat of military style weapons like the AR-15 semi-automatic is that with a good scope the shooter can stand far enough away that you would already be dead before you even knew he was there. It would not matter how well armed you are for you would most usually not even know it was about to happen. And that is impossible to defend one's self against.

With such weapons, a sniper can watch at a distance through any window of your home that is not covered by a curtain if he just finds a line of sight to do so. And that line of site can be achieved using tree perches similar to when hunting deer. Or it can be the top of a vehicle or whatever. He could even sit concealed in a vehicle to wait for his target to come into position.

And the same holds true for different types of hunting rifles. If you and your home are going to be their target, you will likely not know it until the damage is done.

For that matter, unless you sit around with a gun in your hand all of the time, they can burst into your home too quickly and shoot you for you to even get it out.

We are not talking about stupid people. We are talking about criminally-minded people. Even if you have a gun in your hand, the sudden surprise and attack may not let you use it. There may not be enough response time.

In other words, your answer is no answer when you trust in the gun. It is too unreliable and too dangerous in other ways.

And then there is the discouragement factor. Balance of power in this setting can be self-defeating. Where someone angry at you may have been willing to approach and talk it out with you, now they fear that they will be shot if they do so. And so if they are angry enough at you, they jump straight to taking you out.

And so long as it is human nature you want me to prove I know about, don't deceive yourselves that all drug addicts are on some police list. Functional closet addicts far outnumber those we know about. And that means far more drug addicts with guns, for drug addicts are far more likely to support the NRA and desire guns, if for no other reason than the paranoia caused of drugs. That should make us feel a lot safer? Bologna!

We are being sold a bill of goods by ungodly institutions who have enriched their greedy selves from the sell of guns. And not one of them are righteous, No, not one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How do you plan on making a citizen's arrest, which is the right and duty of every American, without being armed like police officers. The whole basis of our country is to form militias if our government becomes corrupt, make citizens arrests if the people are corrupt, etc. These are things I see on the news. Holding criminals down while police arrive, store clerks defending against criminals with guns. Not to wait for police or military to act on our behalf.

It seems to me, if you fail to understand what I'm saying then you're not truly a United States citizen at heart. To be a US citizen you must be grown up enough to accept the responsibility of taking the roll of military and police when needed.

Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
How do you plan on making a citizen's arrest, which is the right and duty of every American, without being armed like police officers. The whole basis of our country is to form militias if our government becomes corrupt, make citizens arrests if the people are corrupt, etc. These are things I see on the news. Holding criminals down while police arrive, store clerks defending against criminals with guns. Not to wait for police or military to act on our behalf.

It seems to me, if you fail to understand what I'm saying then you're not truly a United States citizen at heart. To be a US citizen you must be grown up enough to accept the responsibility of taking the roll of military and police when needed.
Which is more practical:

Your Bible or your gun?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Which is more practical:

Your Bible or your gun?

I agree practical is the word here, there is a place for Christianity and moral teachings, how well is your bible going to serve you making a citizen's arrest, this is why we have neighborhood watch people that patrol the neighborhood, and let me tell you, they often are armed with guns because the criminals often are armed with guns.

I see that the bible does instruct us on the wicked, so it does serve. There is a place for the bible and there is not a place for the bible. For instance, when a sinner is being a criminal and cares not for the bible, then there are jails and the like for them, not the bible. We are not supposed to kill them, but we can restrain them until they come around to being good people. And when they are open to listen, then there is the bible for them.

I believe that the use of practical says that there is a place for the bible and for guns.

We don't gather the wolves, they are wicked and care not for God's church really, but rather to steer men from God's church:

Matthew:
{7:15} Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. {7:16} Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

And if we don't gather them then perhaps we have a responsibility to jail them and keep them from harming themselves and others.

I think you're mistaking preaching to the wicked with a people that must correct the wicked, spare the rod spoil the child. And while I see your point for the preaching approach:

Matthew:
{10:16} Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

So I see two approaches for the wicked, one is while their open to listen (the bible), and the other is when their bent on cruelty and rule (the gun as defense, correction facilities and the police, or even military).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here's the oath to be a US citizen, notice it says defend the laws (that's what police do and neighborhood watch and citizens arrest), and how will you do that, with a bible, I think you may require a gun for that. And you will be required to bear arms, when required by law: Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

And that's the spirit of this great country, not to kill, but to protect. If your teachers in school didn't cause you to learn the oath, then they are doing you a great injustice.

Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Here's the oath to be a US citizen, notice it says defend the laws (that's what police do and neighborhood watch and citizens arrest), and how will you do that, with a bible, I think you may require a gun for that. And you will be required to bear arms, when required by law: Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

And that's the spirit of this great country, not to kill, but to protect. If your teachers in school didn't cause you to learn the oath, then they are doing you a great injustice.
If I were living in another country, I would not desire to become an American citizen because I would be unwilling to take that oath which requires that I be willing to bear arms.

No matter what country I live in, I am 100% owned by Christ in whom "there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all." Colossians 3:11

Any land I live in I honor by obeying its laws where they do not conflict with God's laws in my heart. And I encourage others to be obedient to the laws of their land in the same manner, always putting God first as the ruler of mankind and never violating his laws by order of man.

I am but a temporary resident here in any land I am in, as the example we are shown, here:

Hebrews 11:8-10 "By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

So long as we hold tightly to our present day countries we are not having that faith of Abraham as expressed there at Hebrews 11:8-10. We may claim we do, but we are just fooling ourselves.

Jesus plainly told us: " My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36

Jesus plainly told us: "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 15:19-20

So when we cling so tightly to our countries that we allow them to dictate when and when not to obey God, we are not doing as Jesus nor as Abraham. Abraham could have had that patriotic drive for the land of his father and as a result never have obeyed God and left it. Those who today cling to their countries as if that is what their life is about are not obeying God who has called them out as sojourners on their way to God's kingdom and that "city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

Patriotism is one third of why the Christian faith is so powerless in this world and contributes to the strife more than to peace. The other two thirds are man's preference for greedy commerce over God's law in their hearts and man's preference for watered down religion that really does little more than tickle their ears while they continue the same old same old ways.

But to us who have obeyed, we know the power of God and neither the gates of hell, nor any man, can overpower us. For it is really only we who obey God that are his true church.

Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree practical is the word here, there is a place for Christianity and moral teachings, how well is your bible going to serve you making a citizen's arrest, this is why we have neighborhood watch people that patrol the neighborhood, and let me tell you, they often are armed with guns because the criminals often are armed with guns.

I see that the bible does instruct us on the wicked, so it does serve. There is a place for the bible and there is not a place for the bible. For instance, when a sinner is being a criminal and cares not for the bible, then there are jails and the like for them, not the bible. We are not supposed to kill them, but we can restrain them until they come around to being good people. And when they are open to listen, then there is the bible for them.

I believe that the use of practical says that there is a place for the bible and for guns.

We don't gather the wolves, they are wicked and care not for God's church really, but rather to steer men from God's church:

Matthew:
{7:15} Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. {7:16} Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

And if we don't gather them then perhaps we have a responsibility to jail them and keep them from harming themselves and others.

I think you're mistaking preaching to the wicked with a people that must correct the wicked, spare the rod spoil the child. And while I see your point for the preaching approach:

Matthew:
{10:16} Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

So I see two approaches for the wicked, one is while their open to listen (the bible), and the other is when their bent on cruelty and rule (the gun as defense, correction facilities and the police, or even military).
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work

Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God

1 Timothy 5:10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Hebrews 13:20-21 "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

So you don't really believe that Jesus overcame the world and that we can also in him by our faith rather than by physical weapons?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work

Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God

1 Timothy 5:10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Hebrews 13:20-21 "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

So you don't really believe that Jesus overcame the world and that we can also in him by our faith rather than by physical weapons?

That's not the issue.

The real issue is whether I will allow my brothers and sisters the right to bare arms. And as I stated, it is a requirement of the US to be a citizen and allow them the right to bare arms.

I don't believe the politicians in office will ever agree with you on that issue until Christ rules in perfect peace. You're living in a world of beliefs that realistically does not exist yet and cannot without Jesus the Christ's divine power and rule. So I would say to you, don't deny the King Jesus the Christ his right as God to have the power to enact that type of society that doesn't require guns. He isn't here to do that for us yet. And don't deny your brothers and sisters the right to defend themselves and this free country until he arrives. Until Jesus arrives then perhaps. Jesus has the power to enact the type of society that you want, but again, he isn't here to do that yet, so for now, we must keep the peace.

A gun ban in the US is your idea, and I see that, but who will drop their guns or turn them in? The law abiding citizens, definitely not the criminals. The US has too many guns circulating for a gun ban to work. That's plain and simple to understand. a gun ban would arrive shortly after on the news with terrible consequences. I could just imagine, the criminal behavior that would erupt. Every gun wielding criminal would just walk into stores and rob and kill witnesses and such. Not to mention guns crossing the borders of Mexico for drug cartel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
That's not the issue.
I can understand why you think it is not the issue. You don't yet know all you yet need to know to be able to really see what the big picture is. I used to be just as you are on that until I learned those missing pieces of knowledge that at that time I had no clue I was even missing. I will do my best to help you see what I mean as I proceed here.

“devin553344” said:
The real issue is whether I will allow my brothers and sisters the right to bare arms. And as I stated, it is a requirement of the US to be a citizen and allow them the right to bare arms.
Living by all the letters of the USA law (or, of any present day countries laws) amounts to the same thing as having turned back to living by the letter of the Old Law Covenant. Either prevents one from really hearing the spirit of God speak in his word.

Allowing a brother or sister the right to take up arms is no different than allowing them to disobey God and we do not have the right to prevent them against their will from doing either. But then the question arises whether their choices have proven they are not really a brother or sister in the Lord and may be just a neighbor. Matthew 10:37 “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

“devin553344” said:
I don't believe the politicians in office will ever agree with you on that issue until Christ rules in perfect peace. You're living in a world of beliefs that realistically does not exist yet and cannot without Jesus the Christ's divine power and rule.
Psalms 2:1-5 “Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.”

Psalms 2:12 “Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”

That the politicians in office will ever agree with me is not the point as you can see in the Psalms above. There is only a remnant out of any of these nations which will be saved and that for the very reason that they refuse to obey Christ here and now. And if we let them cause us to side with them, we will perish with them. A spiritual world does exist now and the wise who obey God are entering into it:

Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken [because they are on the solid foundation lain in Christ by faith and obedience to God and his Son - Compares to the cutting off spoken of in Psalms 37] may remain.
28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29 For our God is a consuming fire.

1 Corinthians 7:29-31 “But I say this, brothers: the time is short, that from now on, both those who have wives may be as though they had none; and those who weep, as though they didn't weep; and those who rejoice, as though they didn't rejoice; and those who buy, as though they didn't possess; and those who use the world, as not using it to the fullest. For the mode of this world passes away.

“devin553344” said:
So I would say to you, don't deny the King Jesus the Christ his right as God to have the power to enact that type of society that doesn't require guns. He isn't here to do that for us yet. And don't deny your brothers and sisters the right to defend themselves and this free country until he arrives. Until Jesus arrives then perhaps. Jesus has the power to enact the type of society that you want, but again, he isn't here to do that yet, so for now, we must keep the peace.
I have pretty much covered all of that except what I emboldened. And to that part I say you are missing out on a spiritual society that already exists. It already exists right here in the flesh among mankind. It is the society of all who fully obey God and do not allow anything to rationalize that obedience away.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have pretty much covered all of that except what I emboldened. And to that part I say you are missing out on a spiritual society that already exists. It already exists right here in the flesh among mankind. It is the society of all who fully obey God and do not allow anything to rationalize that obedience away.

Yeah except you left out that your spiritual society only exists at the blood of military and law enforcement officers who keep the peace. And again as citizens of the US we are required to not expect them to do the job for us. But we must be partakers in peace keeping. Sharing responsibilities and duties.

And to me that's honorable and just. That's God's law :) God bless.

Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
A gun ban in the US is your idea, and I see that, but who will drop their guns or turn them in? The law abiding citizens, definitely not the criminals. The US has too many guns circulating for a gun ban to work. That's plain and simple to understand. a gun ban would arrive shortly after on the news with terrible consequences. I could just imagine, the criminal behavior that would erupt. Every gun wielding criminal would just walk into stores and rob and kill witnesses and such. Not to mention guns crossing the borders of Mexico for drug cartel.
But you are trying to solve the worlds problems which they created by their disobedience to God. That will never work, for God is letting the world reap what it has sown. And you have the choice of waking up and refusing to continuing sowing with them in their futile eforts, learning to live fully in the faith of Christ or engaging in it with them and being lost with them when God's wrath wipes them from this earth.

You will not change what is prophesied to be. Their own wickedness is being let consume them. And it is important that we get that so that we can learn to really be valuable soldiers in Christ, helping as many as possible of the world to see their way out of that darkness and into the light of Christ and that spiritual society of peacemakers. For you won't fix the problem the way they try. It had never worked for them and never will. It always advances from bad to worse until the day they are consumed by it.

Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah except you left out that your spiritual society only exists at the blood of military and law enforcement officers who keep the peace. And again as citizens of the US we are required to not expect them to do the job for us. But we must be partakers in peace keeping. Sharing responsibilities and duties.

And to me that's honorable and just. That's God's law :) God bless.
Wrong. You are rationalizing rather than accepting what God's word has said. What you speak of is as follows:

Proverbs 21:18 "The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright."

Not that a policeman can't be a Christian and then he is giving his life as Christ to die for others. For the Governments do have the right of God to bear arms according to a couple of places in the Nt.

But if you think all policeman are righteous, then you do not know them as well as I do. There is only one thing which makes one righteous and that is faithful obedience God's way in Christ.

Ask yourself, how many times have you seen them shoot someone dead who is running from them? They are trained well enough that they can target a leg to stop a runner and they have other means besides their guns to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For you won't fix the problem the way they try. It had never worked for them and never will. It always advances from bad to worse until the day they are consumed by it.

I see that you see guns as evil, but I don't, please let me ask this: What about Hitler and world war II, the allied fixed the problem of an unrighteous rule and the slaughter of Jews. It didn't advance from bad to worse, in fact we're living in a basically war free earth with the minor exception wrought by terrorism.

So the war and weapons used made a more peaceful earth with freedom of religion. If Hitler ruled with the Japanese and other axis groups we would not be enjoying these freedoms.

If you had it your way, then Hitler would be allowed to have exterminated all the Jews, and things would be a lot different today. Can you see that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
IDK if the thread has shown this yet BUT not only did the sheriff's "hide" outside the school during the murders, the Coward Sheriff's office had 65 9-11 calls of complaints/warnings about this shooter and they didn't round him up. They're hiding from enforcing the law imo, allowing our students to be murdered for the sake of their anti-gun objectives. Promise Act enough! At some point they need to enforce the law and protect the community!

I can't sell my house fast enough!

Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
IDK if the thread has shown this yet BUT not only did the sheriff's "hide" outside the school during the murders, the Coward Sheriff's office had 65 9-11 calls of complaints/warnings about this shooter and they didn't round him up. They're hiding from enforcing the law imo, allowing our students to be murdered for the sake of their anti-gun objectives. Promise Act enough! At some point they need to enforce the law and protect the community!

I can't sell my house fast enough!
Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

That "Men's hearts failing them for fear" means far more than just literal heart failure. It means loss of heart as in loss of courage. They are overwhelmed by what is happening. And we can understand that this is because their trust in the power of their own arm is proving to be no match for the evil caused of sin among men.

On that basis we are moved both to compassion for them and to see the need of helping them, too, to see where our real hope lays, in the power of God to help us to cope with this unpleasant end our flesh must experience and yet experience much more of as we draw deeper into the end of this wicked world. Men need good solid sound in faith preachers of the untwisted gospel of Christ now, more so than ever before. And because of this happening more will be found ready to listen so that indeed there will be a great crowd which comes through this great tribulation having washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Trusting in the flesh and the deceptive cliches coined by the flesh to make it seem as if it is God's will that we war by our flesh is what has allowed it all and even what has allowed the situation 2 Thessalonians 2 speaks about. God has merely permitted man to reap of his rebellious refusal to listen to God, instead trusting in his own arm of his flesh, through which much false doctrine has been developed by the flesh to support their idea that is was right to do so. And that is the real reason why 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 says what it says. To trust in the flesh is to trust in the lawless nature of the flesh, for "... the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the [flesh, having their mind trusting] flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:7-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Personally, everyone is saying to homeschool their kids to protect from Liberal indoctrination. I think we should just vote for and hire Christian admin, teachers, superintendents, and school board members. Common sense.
Yes, home school, because so many parents are not adequately qualified, can be a two-edged sword cutting either good or bad. And the parent would need to arrange ways as a part of their curriculum to assure the child is able to develop healthy social interaction skills. So it goes beyond mere book learning.

But when we see things as was in the news yesterday about that Dalton Georgia social studies teacher Jesse Randall Davidson who barricaded himself in a classroom with a weapon, discharging it for whatever reason, and creating panic,, that gives us pause. Doesn't it? Dalton Georgia schools are considered to be among the safest in the nation.

I agree with you that it is our civic responsibility to be involved in selecting good teachers and staff for the safety and educational benefit of our children. But how do we know who they really are, or what their mental/emotional breaking points are?

Upvote 0

Cgnet

Feb 28, 2018
Miami
✟531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When I was a kid, everyone was a Christian. The only time someone wasn't a Christian was when a Liberal moved in from up North.
Yes, home school, because so many parents are not adequately qualified, can be a two-edged sword cutting either good or bad. And the parent would need to arrange ways as a part of their curriculum to assure the child is able to develop healthy social interaction skills. So it goes beyond mere book learning.

But when we see things as was in the news yesterday about that Dalton Georgia social studies teacher Jesse Randall Davidson who barricaded himself in a classroom with a weapon, discharging it for whatever reason, and creating panic,, that gives us pause. Doesn't it? Dalton Georgia schools are considered to be among the safest in the nation.

I agree with you that it is our civic responsibility to be involved in selecting good teachers and staff for the safety and educational benefit of our children. But how do we know who they really are, or what their mental/emotional breaking points are?

Upvote 0