stardreamer

Feb 28, 2017
United States
✟9,497.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I've worn glasses since I was 9. I know I was pretty young. I remember when my vision first started getting blurry. I would ask the kid who sat next to me in class if he could read the board for me while firmly denying I didn't need glasses haha.

I just updated my prescription this year and have ordered pink frames! Will be here in about a week. I'm so excited.

Reactions: writewords
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does wearing them for reading count?
I have been using then for about 10 years. When I first started I could sometimes see without them if I held the page back and squinted. No more! Now I can't read a thing without them. It doesn't worry me at all wearing them and we are spoilt for choice now with so many great designs, colours etc.
I just got new ones about two months ago and love my new ones. Mine are black, Stardreamer I hope you love your new pink ones!:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been using then for about 10 years. When I first started I could sometimes see without them if I held the page back and squinted. No more! Now I can't read a thing without them. It doesn't worry me at all wearing them and we are spoilt for choice now with so many great designs, colours etc.
I just got new ones about two months ago and love my new ones. Mine are black, Stardreamer I hope you love your new pink ones!:)
For me, glaucoma doesn't help...

Upvote 0

judson1982

Apr 15, 2018
Grenada, MS
✟12,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I started wearing them when I was 10. Until my sophomore year in college I was forced to wear the thick-rimmed "Coke Bottle" glasses that many military folks (including my dad) wore for many years. Since they are making a comeback, I may start wearing them once I can afford to get my eyes checked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I didn't read anything in this thread except this one post from a link ....
You might look up "How to Have 20/20 Vision with Simple Eye Exercises" by someone who had a very successful practice in New York almost 90 years ago or so. He offered his help/ methods to all the other eye doctors/ ophthalmologists and even for their hardest cases (20/200 with stygs and cats) showed them ow to correct vision without drugs and without surgery AND why it worked. Thousands of school children benefited greatly for 2 or more years while his methods were used (diminished when the manufacturers of glasses stirred up parents to go to the school board to stop using his method so that more eye glasses would be sold (for profit). That worked btw, within a few months many of the children who had had 20/20 vision without drugs or glasses or surgery, started needing and thus their parents buying glasses again. Only in the classes that the teachers continued using his methods did the children all continue to have 20/20. This method was also popular for pilots.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I did not5 have to wear them until I was in my mid-50s. That was about ten years ago now. I still have the same set of frames, thought we have changed the lenses twice or so, if I recall.

One funny thing that happened to them was that I tripped over a curb, went flying head first into a door and they flew off my head and crashed into the door too. When they did, the ear pieces got all out of whack, and the eyeglasses Dr. fixed them for free in just a few minutes. I wasn't so lucky. I had a huge goose egg on my head and a black eye for over a month! Thankfully I had no serious injuries though.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did not5 have to wear them until I was in my mid-50s. That was about ten years ago now. I still have the same set of frames, thought we have changed the lenses twice or so, if I recall.

One funny thing that happened to them was that I tripped over a curb, went flying head first into a door and they flew off my head and crashed into the door too. When they did, the ear pieces got all out of whack, and the eyeglasses Dr. fixed them for free in just a few minutes. I wasn't so lucky. I had a huge goose egg on my head and a black eye for over a month! Thankfully I had no serious injuries though.

Ouch, that sounds painful. But your glasses survived to live another day!:oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0