Founded On The Word Of God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
America was founded on the principals of the Word of God.
Excerpts taken from Grant Jeffrey's book, "The Handwriting Of God." (A very good read for everyone!)

George Washington wrote:
"IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RIGHTLY GOVERN THE WORLD WITHOUT GOD AND THE BIBLE."

John Quincy Adams Sixth President of the U.S.A. Wrote:
"SO GREAT IS MY VENERATION OF THE BIBLE, THAT THE EARLIER MY CHILDREN BEGIN TO READ IT THE MORE CONFIDENT WILL BE MY HOPE THAT THEY WILL PROVE USEFUL CITIZENS OF THEIR COUNTRY AND RESPECTABLE MEMBERS OF SOCIETY."
Adams also Declared:
"I HAVE FOR MANY YEARS MADE IT A PRACTICE TO READ THROUGH THE BIBLE ONCE A YEAR. MY CUSTOM IS TO READ FOUR OR FIVE CHAPTERS EVERY MORNING IMMEDIATELY AFTER RISING FROM MY BED. IT EMPLOYS ABOUT AN HOUR OF MY TIME, AND SEEMS TO ME THE MOST SUITABLE MANNER OF BEGINNING THE DAY. IN WHAT LIGHT SOEVER WE REGARD THE BIBLE, WHETHER WITH REFERENCE TO REVELATION, TO HISTORY, OR TO MORALITY, IT IS AN INVALUABLE AND INEXHAUSTIBLE MINE OF KNOWLEDGE AND VIRTUE.

President Andrew Jackson Referred to the Bible as the Foundation of the Nation:
"THAT BOOK SIR, IS THE ROCK ON WHICH OUR REPUBLIC RESTS."

Abraham Lincoln Wrote:
"I BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS THE BEST GIFT GOD HAS EVER GIVEN TO MAN. ALL THE GOOD FROM THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD IS COMMUNICATED TO US THROUGH THIS BOOK."
Lincoln also gave this suggestion on how to approach the word of God:
"TAKE ALL THIS BOOK UPON REASON THAT YOU CAN, AND THE BALANCE ON FAITH, AND YOU WILL LIVE AND DIE A HAPPIER AND BETTER MAN."

President Woodrow Wilson Said:
"A MAN HAS FOUND HIMSELF WHEN HE HAS FOUND HIS RELATION TO THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE, AND HERE IS THE BOOK IN WHICH THOSE RELATIONS ARE SET FORTH."
Wilson called for daily Bible reading by all citizens to strengthen the moral fiber and destiny of the American Nation:
"I ASK EVERY MAN AND WOMAN IN THIS AUDIENCE THAT FROM THIS DAY ON THEY WILL REALIZE THAT PART OF THE DESTINY OF AMERICA LIES IN THEIR DAILY PERUSAL OF THIS GREAT BOOK."

President Herbert Hoover Wrote:
"THE WHOLE OF THE INSPIRATION OF OUR CIVILIZATION SPRINGS FROM THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST AND THE LESSONS OF THE PROPHETS. TO READ THE BIBLE FOR THESE FUNDAMENTALS IS A NECESSITY OF AMERICAN LIFE."

Dwight D. Eisenhower Said:
"TO READ THE BIBLE IS TO TAKE A TRIP TO A FAIR LAND WHERE THE SPIRIT IS STRENGTHENED AND FAITH RENEWED."

These are just a few examples on what America was founded on. I pray we will return to the following of the teachings of scripture!

Status
Not open for further replies.