✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quite interesting.
Before the death , burial, and resurrection (Amen!) of Jesus Christ , the "gospel" message had not come to full fruition.
Therefore would be articulated and taught in a different manner, although the same Saviour and faith placed in Him.
Old Testament saints looked forward by faith to the coming Messiah Jesus the Christ.
Since the resurrection of Jesus the Christ , we look back at the One who was prophesied to come and make the ultimate atonement for our sins.
Salvation always involves grace and faith in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Two seperate ministries towards two separate groups of people (Jew/Gentile) in regards to Paul and the other eleven apostles , but regarding the same Saviour.
So yes, two different messages(articulated in a different manner) due to the recipients.
So therefore DISPENSATION.
Grace and liberty in Christ .

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Quite interesting.
Before the death , burial, and resurrection (Amen!) of Jesus Christ , the "gospel" message had not come to full fruition.
Therefore would be articulated and taught in a different manner, although the same Saviour and faith placed in Him.
Old Testament saints looked forward by faith to the coming Messiah Jesus the Christ.
Since the resurrection of Jesus the Christ , we look back at the One who was prophesied to come and make the ultimate atonement for our sins.
Salvation always involves grace and faith in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Two seperate ministries towards two separate groups of people (Jew/Gentile) in regards to Paul and the other eleven apostles , but regarding the same Saviour.
So yes, two different messages(articulated in a different manner) due to the recipients.
So therefore DISPENSATION.
Grace and liberty in Christ .
Amen and Amen Bless you :] It Is Finished!!!! I just love that :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
At the link firt page I think contradicts Scripture subtly. Some of it was correct individually(in spots) , but it looks like the motive behind it is misleading. Perhaps even being a false gospel ?
I suggest not going there, not reading it, but if someone does,
compare that first page, the paragraph, about the jailer, with Scripture,
if God permits.

29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
At the link firt page I think contradicts Scripture subtly. Some of it was correct individually(in spots) , but it looks like the motive behind it is misleading. Perhaps even being a false gospel ?
if God permits.

29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized
I am sorry but what are you referring too?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE=
"yeshuaslavejeff,At the link firt page I think contradicts Scripture subtly. Some of it was correct individually(in spots) , but it looks like the motive behind it is misleading. Perhaps even being a false gospel ?
if God permits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[/QUOTE

=========quote from the link
When the nation Israel asked the Apostle Peter, “What must we do to be saved?,” notice Peter’s answer: Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost” (Acts 2:38; cf. Acts 3:19). However, when the Philippian jailor asked Paul and Silas, “What must I do to be saved?,” notice what Paul and Silas declared: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house” (Acts 16:31). Obviously, these are not the same message. Peter told people to repent and then get water baptized, so they could receive forgiveness of sins and receive the Holy Spirit. Yet, Paul simply taught that salvation comes by “believing on [trusting] the Lord Jesus Christ,” without preaching water baptism or repentance. If words mean anything, Peter and Paul preached two separate Gospels.
==================

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
QUOTE=
"yeshuaslavejeff,At the link firt page I think contradicts Scripture subtly. Some of it was correct individually(in spots) , but it looks like the motive behind it is misleading. Perhaps even being a false gospel ?
if God permits.

[/QUOTE

When the nation Israel asked the Apostle Peter, “What must we do to be saved?,” notice Peter’s answer: Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost” (Acts 2:38; cf. Acts 3:19). However, when the Philippian jailor asked Paul and Silas, “What must I do to be saved?,” notice what Paul and Silas declared: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house” (Acts 16:31). Obviously, these are not the same message. Peter told people to repent and then get water baptized, so they could receive forgiveness of sins and receive the Holy Spirit. Yet, Paul simply taught that salvation comes by “believing on [trusting] the Lord Jesus Christ,” without preaching water baptism or repentance. If words mean anything, Peter and Paul preached two separate Gospels.
==================
Yes Jeff, That is why it is here in dispensations. That is differing periods of time that God dealt with people, They did preach a different gospel and we are under the "church or grace" age and are saved by grace through faith. Eph 2:8-9
The church commission is now 1 Cor 15:1-4 which is what Paul preached :]

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
right-division-chart-color.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
QUOTE=
if God permits.

[/QUOTE

==================

Paul and Peter preached the same gospel.

Paul believed in being baptized ... he just didn't believe that he himself was called to baptize.

Romans 6:3 Paul says, "Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

This was Pauls concern .... and he did baptize some

1 Corinthians

13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? 14I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. 16Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that I do not remember baptizing anyone else. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with words of wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a great read. I read it a few years ago and liked it then. The sad truth is that many will not take the time to give it a complete read and get mad because it disagrees with their belief. Bring out some water and you have a flame war. Keep up the good shares.

Upvote 0

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is a great read. I read it a few years ago and liked it then. The sad truth is that many will not take the time to give it a complete read and get mad because it disagrees with their belief. Bring out some water and you have a flame war. Keep up the good shares.
It is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling the lie. It is impossible to find, in the Bible, anyone who stood with God and His truth, who did not have enemies and was not hated. It is better to stand alone with the truth than to be wrong with the multitude. It is better to succeed, ultimately, with the truth than to succeed, temporarily, with the lie.

In 2Tim 2:1-2, Paul said, in plainer words, the things that you have learned from me, commit it to faithful men. A faithful man is one who believes what God says, even if it cuts across the grain of orthodoxy. He doesn't say to pass on the traditions you have learned from men who, in reality, are the ministers of Satan and have deceitfully transformed themselves into ministers of righteousness.

-------------------------Thanks to Tom Ballinger

Upvote 0