united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Startling and concerning health problems have prompted me to clear out some stuff from my home.

I feel its time now to move forward and let go.

Lots of his clothing has gone to my street ministry.

Old electronics and various parts have been donated or removed now, especially since many items were broken and were only being saved for a rainy day project.

Never thought I could part with some special shoes he got me, but I finally did.

While I've been at it, I parted with several bags of old clothing of mine and donated them to charity, some going to street ministry.

Old furniture too, and lamps, all were left out by the curb and many disappeared by next afternoon.

Hes gone now, and I've not been taking care of myself, and its harsh sounding and I feel bad saying this, but MY life matters now.

I've got me.

I want to hang onto that as best i can now.

Time to get on with it.

Last edited:

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
as I keep moving out stuff, I'm uncovering so much dust and dust bunnies. I've spent so much time not taking care of the house either, due to plain exhaustion. There is so much relief in cleaning out stuff and uncovering old things long forgotten or no longer needed.

Perhaps someone buying my donated items will find something to make them happy or that provides a needed usage.

Unloading the boxes and boxes of books to charities to sell for profit is a good thing, as well as keeping electronics out of landfills.

Still working on this as progress is difficult and slow.

When he died, I just stopped living.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am so sorry you lost your husband, dear sister. I will pray for you that you feel better. Please know that your pain has not gone unnoticed. I have a lot of compassion for the suffering. :hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

wiseoleowl

Jun 2, 2016
Olympia, WA
✟15,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's hard losing a loved one. I lost my husband last year. Cleaning out his closets took a while but giving many articles of clothing away is good..the sooner the better. I am comforted knowing that many people who needed things got them. Yes, life is about you now..you and God. The Lord will comfort you and be with you. You are precious to Him and loved. It is okay to grieve. Even Jesus did that. It takes time but all of what you are feeling is normal. I joined a Grief-Share support group and it has helped me. You may want to see if there is one you can join. It doesn't matter to them how long ago your loved one died.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's hard losing a loved one. I lost my husband last year. Cleaning out his closets took a while but giving many articles of clothing away is good..the sooner the better. I am comforted knowing that many people who needed things got them. Yes, life is about you now..you and God. The Lord will comfort you and be with you. You are precious to Him and loved. It is okay to grieve. Even Jesus did that. It takes time but all of what you are feeling is normal. I joined a Grief-Share support group and it has helped me. You may want to see if there is one you can join. It doesn't matter to them how long ago your loved one died.

Thank you, what a beautiful and loving post. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to hear you found some comfort in donating his things as well.

Upvote 0