OnederWoman

Charismatic Calvinist
Sep 24, 2003
NW AR
Visit site
✟370.00
Faith
Non-Denom
First... thanks to all who responded to my other threads about trying to find a church and being asked to leave due to my husbands smoking habit.

----------------------

We went Sunday and last Wednesday to a new church. We had actually visited it last year, but we just weren't where we felt it was time to stick around there... though, this particular church we did put on the back burner in our minds with the intentions of trying it out again. After our first visit there (about 7 months ago) I found out quickly that one of the kids in my sons class went to that church and her Dad is the associate pastor there. I had talked to her Mom a bit about our search and where we were at and what we beleived and all (she said our husbands would get along in their beliefs). Well, she was right. We took our son to the kids group Wednesday and spoke to the Dad (they are about our age) and him and my husband had the best conversation. We even layed out the problem we had at the last church to make sure we weren't heading in to the same old thing. He introduced my husband to a lady that night who also does clowning (she's the Pastor's Mom) and they hit if off pretty well. So... we're trying not to get our hopes up... but we are committing to check it out for a while at least. We've signed up for the new members class (which is a total of 3 evenings... 2 nights in April and 1 in May). We also signed up for a Wednesday night small group, which we will check out this coming Wednesday. So, we'll see what happens. Oh, the church has just been around a bit over a year. They are moslty a non-denominational (though not really charismatic), they are "loosely" affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention (loosely being the word the Pastor used)... the SBC is mostly who they use to do mission work with and such.

Pray for us. That Gods will will be done... that one way or the other we will know if this is the place God wants us or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.