Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here he is! He was brought to the shelter when a woman found him stuck in a machine at her workplace. He was just about 3 weeks old, tiny, skinny, and sick. I took him home to foster him. I named him Meeko.

meekokitten3weeks002.jpg

meekokitten3weeks001.jpg

He's even Crate Trained!

meek35weeks009.jpg

meek35weeks008.jpg

meek35weeks006.jpg

meek35weeks001.jpg

meeko4week001.jpg

meeko52708002.jpg

He's about 4 weeks now and he'll eat soft food. He's old enough to be treated for worms, so we're doing that today. In about three more days I hope to have him completely weaned onto soft canned food. And a week more, he'll have to go back to the shelter to get his vaccines, blood drawn, and then that will be his home until someone wants him. I wish I could keep him here longer, but I've got dogs that don't know how to behave around cats.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How cute! Why on earth would somebody dump a beautiful kitten like that? :scratch: :confused: :mad:
My guess is that it probably got chased in there by a dog or some other bigger animal than got stuck or the momma cat left him there because the cat was sick or the mama cat couldn't get it out.Or some horrible person didn't have the money to deal with the sick cat,So instead of taking him to the pound,The human just put him in the washer.I know down here it cost $50 to take an animal to the human society.

Upvote 0

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here it costs $20 to surrender a cat to our HS.

He was found stuck in a machine - no one dumped him at the HS. It's very likely mom was a stray and kitten, who looooves to explore, accidentally got himself stuck in a machine that he could not get back out of. It was not a washing machine, but rather a factory machine.

My dog actually got to Meeko yesterday. We didn't know if he'd live or not, but he's lived through the night, taking the bottle again, and walking around more. He was very sore, so I believe it was just a lot of dog slobber and bruising. No punctures, no broken bones. He didn't go one minute out of sight of me or my boyfriend yesterday - I was too afraid he'd just stop breathing in his sleep. I thought for sure right after I got him out of my dog's moouth that he was gone - but he's my little miracle kitten. He's a fighter.

Upvote 0

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You need to work with your dog on that problem. It can be done. I've even seen a chicken killing dog persuaded to think of anything with feathers as something strictly to be avoided.

I have no intentions of working with him. To do so, I would likely be forced to use immensely aversive methods - and there is just no need to do so. We do not own cats for this reason, and we are NOT keeping the kitten.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.