• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Fortune cookies are demonic?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Ecowolf, May 20, 2014.

1. Ecowolf

Ecowolf Member

+3
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Green
    I recently witnessed a friend of the family avoid a fortune cookie like it was possessed by Satan himself. She even gave that reason too.

That being said, this means fortune cookies are either
    A. A faux Chinese, tasty (sometimes stale) little cookie with a often lame statement about obvious "wisdom".
    Or
    B. A powerful divination tool of Satan to communicate with and influence people that will lead to demonic possession.

Is this common? Is my fortune cookie really a text message from Satan?
    Can I rid my cookie of demonic forces?

Not sure if more irritated over my cookie being possessed by dark and evil forces, or the look of horror on the friends face as I enjoyed my cookie.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ran77

Ran77 Senior Contributor

+260
    Mormon
    Married
    Maybe the should call them "Mis-Fortune Cookis."

:)

3. PersephonesTear

PersephonesTear Junior Member

+56
    Pentecostal
    Single
    I take the "food offered to idols" stance on fortune cookies. So they are fine for us to eat if we want, but be sensitive to what other people feel regarding them.

4. drstevej

drstevej "The crowd always chooses Barabbas." Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+24,296
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Eat the cookie with the paper still in it. SOLVED!

5. IchoozJC

IchoozJC Regular Member

+68
    Christian
    Married
    "Text message from Satan" :D

6. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+3,765
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I would not say "demonic" but I view fortune cookies as the camel's nose under the tent or the foot in the door. Fortune cookies are unknown in China. Several Japanese bakers claimed to have invented the fortune cookie in the late 1890s or early 1900s.

7. Phantasman

Phantasman Newbie

+200
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I can't read that small writing, so I throw the dumb fortune away.

I like the mustard from hell on my egg roll though.

8. seeingeyes

seeingeyes Newbie

+613
    Christian
    Married
    Huh. Kids these days...

When we were youngins we just used to add "in bed" to the end of the fortune and then giggle uncontrollably. ^_^

9. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,467
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Nice one! :D

Misfortune Cookies | Go Jules Go

[​IMG]

You can’t possibly live long enough to make all of them yourself.

All of what?! What am I supposed to be making? Oh god. This has something to do with turning 30 later this month, doesn’t it? I’m supposed to be making something, something only people in their 30s know about. Ohmygodohmygodohmygod. What’s going to happen? Will I be allowed to live long enough to try?
    Someone help me. Please.

10. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+5,033
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Any form of divination is lying....

...Unless anyone can prove to me certain divination produces 100% accurate results, then it's a lie.

And who is the father of lies??

11. Ecowolf

Ecowolf Member

+3
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Green
    Twice has a fortune cookie "come true" for my family and I. Both my father and I had a cookie that stated "You will soon step on foreign soil". Within a month, ('86 for my father and '08 for myself) both my father and I received military deployment orders and shipped off to Korea and the middle east, respectively.

Coincidence, most likely.
    Statically, given a sample of 100 cookies, 2 coming true gives a 2% probability of being correct. Far from 100%

12. drstevej

drstevej "The crowd always chooses Barabbas." Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+24,296
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]

13. LittleLambofJesus

+28,467
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Ummm, the Devil?

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary
    JESUS vs the Pharisees and Synagouge of Satan

John 8:44
    `Ye out of a father, the Devil, are and the desires/epiqumiaV <1939> of the father of ye, ye are willing to be doing.
    That one a man-killer was from beginning and in the truth not has stood, that not is truth in him.
    Whenever he may be talking, the falsehood out of the own/P he is talking, that a falsifier he is and the father of it.
    [Reve 18:14]

[​IMG]

14. ForJesusChrist

ForJesusChrist Follower of Christ

+103
    Christian
    Single
    First off, you said they were Chinese. Fortune cookies were actual invented and made originally in America.

But if it really bothers you this much, break the cookie, take out the fortune, throw it away and then eat the cookie.

God Bless

15. LittleLambofJesus

+28,467
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Make sure you recycle the fortune.....

16. Moodshadow

Moodshadow Veteran

+132
    Methodist
    Married
    Most of y'all probably never heard of Stan Freberg (undoubtedly because you're too young), but he was a great comedian, radio program host, and recording artist in the 50s and 60s - wrote his own stuff, and very talented. In one of his routines, he did a spoof called The Fortune Cookie Factory. It is in here, if you care:

Build-It-Yourself Piano | Radio XEXS

17. ForJesusChrist

ForJesusChrist Follower of Christ

+103
    Christian
    Single
    Ah, correct.:)