ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My girls are not allowed to have a formspring, but most of the kids in school do.
i have allowed them to have a facebook, and am their friends on there have there passwords, and are friends to their friends. I felt that way i can keep an eye out on what is going on. Now let me first say that i trust my kids, we have an open and honest relasonship.
What i have found is that people will post about my girls on formspring, and then a "supposed" friend will post it on Facebook, for my girls to see.
Now i know it bothers them, we have spoke about it, i have tried to explain that kids that do those things are insecure in themselves so they pick on others who are more secure. Escpecially since my girls openly speak about Jesus, so i think they are picked on because of this also. but like i tell them we are suppose to stand out and not be like this world. they get all that.
but I have a major problem with the kids that post and u cannot see who posted it, and the fact they then move it to one networking site to the other. i am almost to the piont that i feel like i need to call the school. but fear that my kids will be picked on more. absoultely cannot go to the parents, they do not think they can do any wrong... can someone please tell me what you would do?????

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
never heard of formspring and I looked it up; So formspring I see in Anonymous vs Facebook where you can see who people are?

Children from like 6th grade-10thgrade usually want to fit in and sometimes make cliques and stuff and sometimes in the end a lot of other kids are picked on and are outcast.

Here's what i suggest, it all depends on how much perseverance your children have and since they openly talk about their beliefs and are already kinda being picked on for that I don't see a problem them posting anonymously. Heck if it's Anoynomus then people don't know its them either right?

Depending on the age of your child and maturity of your child sit them down and voice your concern about it. Many parents won't let their child/teen do something then fail to explain why.

Upvote 0

Spiritmace

Morally sound, thank you very much.
Nov 9, 2010
Bristol, United Kingdom
✟7,660.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Unfortuantely Formspring has been designed so that people who might be insecure about talking to other people are anonymous. It's just the way social networking works, you can't police it effectively. My advice is to talk to your daughters and let them know what they're getting into. Life is about making mistakes and learning from them.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah i kinda don't want them behaving like everyone else, and to be quite honest neither do they....

what i will say is this what i have found is that the PARENTS that do not allow their kids to have a facebook, the kids do it anyway, so in a way now you really have no ideawnats going on in ur kids lives.....and yes that is even their Christian friends...and their moms are CLUELESS thinking they would never go behind their backs and do such a thing. so while i find its ok and have become their friends and their friends friends i say to my girls see what happens at times when parents do not trust their kids enough, and let them have a facebook account, i tell them i trust them , but IF i EVER find out that i was lied to or that trust has been broken ALL your privliages get taken away.....ALL.. they get it. bc they see what happnes when their frineds lie and get caught.
As for FORMSPRING....its kids and adults sad as that might be, that HIDE behide a scrrn afraid to say it to your face. they are NOT allow to have formsprings and out of their school friends that do, they are not pleased at what they se...me either...makes me wonder where the mothers and father are?
so while kids seem to keep posting my kids name on Formspring, not really saying anything bad, but loing to start trouble......there will be a day when i WILL confront these kids and their moms or maybe not some of the moms think their kids can do no wrong....the principle of the school...if it ever comes to that.

Praise the Lord, my children are STRONG in their relationship with Christ and they know they are to be set apart as an example of Him...and they are ok with that. i have seen them reach out to so many Lost children....
ok now i have gone on a ramble...sorry

Upvote 0