• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Former Navy SEAL Launches PAC To Fight Obama

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by MachZer0, Jul 18, 2012.

1. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,645
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    His own boat-mates back up Kerry. The guy disputing it was in no position to have been keeping a close eye on anyone else - he was under fire himself and involved in a rescue in another boat at the time - I read the military write up for their awards.
    Either his memory was playing tricks or he was clearly lying.

2. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+4,690
    Atheist
    US-Others

You might want to consult the us military that awarded him a silver star then.

3. TeddyReceptus

TeddyReceptus Guest

+0
    That would be "respectful" of the Military, right? But clearly the U.S. military doesn't deserve any respect when they give someone Sistern doesn't feel "deserves" the Silver Star.

Some people just seem to "loath" the U.S. military and those who serve I guess.

4. TeddyReceptus

TeddyReceptus Guest

+0
    I wish I knew why some people loath the military and all they do for us. Putting themselves in harms way on our behalf.

To all the veterans out there: So terribly sorry you had to see this.

So terribly, terribly sorry.

5. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    It's veterans like Kerry who cheapened the Purple Heart. :wave:

6. RedPaddy

RedPaddy Well-Known Member

+73
    Christian
    Private
    just to be clear, you've not jumped on the wealther bandwagon and lamented the lack of tax returns either?

7. RedPaddy

+73
    Christian
    Private
    From my personal experiences as a veteran, those people generally identify with liberal groups.

(funny, many also smell of patchouli)

8. RedPaddy

+73
    Christian
    Private
    Same with the bible. Most who despise it have never read it.

9. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Kerry having been determined Unfit For Command is nothing compared to the current Commander-in-Chief who is being shown incompetent to command by the SOFA PAC.

10. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+16,272
    Agnostic
    Single
    Actually, it's you -- you're the one claiming it's worthless.

I'd love to put Kerry's military record up against your own... you do have a military record, right?

11. TeddyReceptus

TeddyReceptus Guest

+0
    Oh, are you saying that Mitt Romney isn't wealthy but that the Left is trying to dig up evidence of his wealth?

Interesting.

As for the Tax Returns I couldn't really care either way. I just figure that since all presidential candidates have to submit so many tax returns and all do it to a certain point back in time, maybe Mitt should do it.

But I don't much care. They're all wealthier than any of us, so I'm perfectly content to know that his 2010 income was $21.6 million. The median U.S. income is about $26,000 (yup that's right, the man who wants to represent you on the GOP side makes 1000 times more than the median U.S. citizen, and more than 50% of his income is from Capital Gains which is taxed at lower rates than the median American.

So just remember that the median U.S. citizen would have to work for 1000 years to make what Mitt made in one year (2010) and they'd pay more in taxes on that than Mitt pays on about half of his income.

BUT, lest you think I'm being unfair: Obama is also wealthy. Just not as much so. And to my understanding Obama doesn't stash his cash in tax havens (because it's so onerous to pay the high capital gains rates?)

Nah, they're all pitiful representatives of Americans. But Romney is going to tell you he knows how to run a business and can run the country.

Seems to me that in so doing he should show us how well he's run his own house. But I don't much care either way.

12. TLK Valentine

+16,272
    Agnostic
    Single
    Same with those who worship it.

13. TLK Valentine

+16,272
    Agnostic
    Single
    Ah, so you only meant to insult Vietnam vets? You're only saying that their Purple Hearts were worthless.

I'm glad you were specific as to how many of our servicemen you want to drag through the mud in order to hurt Kerry -- who isn't even politically relevant anymore.

14. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    You could sk someone who openly admits loathing the military, Bill Clinton

15. TeddyReceptus

TeddyReceptus Guest

+0
    Nah, I'll stick with people who say the following:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (WAIT! This last guy is still standing up... I bet he didn't "deserve" it! Pshaw!)

16. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Misrepresenting what I say once again I see. For the record, the awarding of the Purple Heart is limited to personnel whose injuries REQUIRE medical treatment. Getting medical treatment is one thing but requiring it is quite another.

Of course and I do and I have spent more time in a field hospital (think M.A.S.H.) in Vietnam than Kerry did for all three of his alleged wounds combined. :wave:

17. TLK Valentine

+16,272
    Agnostic
    Single
    Source, please?

18. TLK Valentine

+16,272
    Agnostic
    Single
    Dime a dozen, Mach -- your words; take responsibility for them.

Ah, you were a male nurse, then?

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it!

19. RedPaddy

+73
    Christian
    Private
    nope. nice try though. :wave:

but he has, as you posting his annual income proves. saying he has not shared his tax returns is disingenuous.

good to know he is a successful business man. I value that higher than community organizer. Then again, obama got a million men organized to march on Washington, Mitt never did that.
    at $26k per year, they'd probably never pay what Mitt payed in the one year you reference. Nor would they give nearly as much to charity. The median American you write of would however give more to charity than Biden most likely.
    no, but he says he gives each daughter thousands that hide it from taxation.
    he has. He earned $26m in one year. He's a great model of success through personal effort.

Oh wait, he didn't build that business....

20. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I meant exactly what I said, the Purple Heart became easily obtainable in Vietnam and was cheapened by men like Kerry