Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Strange...i didn't see this posted anywhere...

On voter suppression, Greer said he had just completed a December 2009 meeting with party general counsel Jason Gonzalez, political consultant Jim Rimes and Eric Eikenberg, Crist's chief of staff, when questions arose about fundraising.

"I was upset because the political consultants and staff were talking about voter suppression and keeping blacks from voting. It had been one of those days,'' he said.
tampa bay times

“There’s no doubt that what the Republican-led legislature in Florida and Governor Scott are trying to do is make sure the Republican Party has an advantage in this upcoming election by reducing early voting and putting roadblocks up for potential voters, Latinos, African-Americans to register and then to exercise their right to vote. There’s no doubt. I was in the room. It’s part of the strategy.”
the daily beast

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not surprised at this. One of my co-workers, a woman whose last name is Ramirez has just found out that she was part of the most recent purge to take illegal immigrants off the voter roles. Never mind the fact that her Grandparents where born here, her parents where born here and she was born here, the State of Florida has considered her an illegal immigrant. She has hired a lawyer to not only reinstate her voting rights, but also keep her from being deported to a county that neither her, her parents or even grandparents has ever set foot in. All because of her last name.

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Not these particular details.

No, I mean that nobody is commenting on it because everyone already knows that it's true (Republicans working to suppress votes) and that nothing will change due to this single specific case.

I am saying it would be similar to someone posting an article showing how Fox News is biased in favor of Republicans... nobody would care as it is already common knowledge.

Upvote 0