Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We all know you believe the Earth is flat and that the sun orbits the earth. Anything else Dad?
Which came first according to Genesis 1? the earth or the sun?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
They exist, so they are evidence that they exist. The clockwork precision is evidence of a Designer.

Clockwork precision?

The universe is "built" in such a way that galaxies are slamming into each other and ripping each other apart on a regular basis. If that is clockwork precision, I wouldn't let the builder of that universe anywhere near something I need to have built. (in fact, our own galaxy is most likely due to one in 4.5 billion years)

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Your opinion aside, which came first in Genesis 1?
I see that you did not understand his answer.

I am sure I could ask you similar questions about "Harry Potter" and you would possibly have the same answer the mzungu did.

Would you understand why you reply was foolish then?

Aah, probably not.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's AV's usual modus operandi. He requests you to debate if B or C is true, when the real question is if A is true, while B and C are derived from A. So by debating B or C, you give validity to A.

To be honest, it has grown quite tiresome.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Clockwork precision?
Yes!!!! They even invented calendars to reflect the regularity! They can even predict full moons. I would hardly view all that as some chaotic fluke.
The universe is "built" in such a way that galaxies are slamming into each other and ripping each other apart on a regular basis.
Debatable! I challenge your fishbowl model of the universe! It may be very very very very very very very very very very very different than you believe.

If that is clockwork precision, I wouldn't let the builder of that universe anywhere near something I need to have built. (in fact, our own galaxy is most likely due to one in 4.5 billion years)
Imaginary age for earth and vicinity is of no value. I suggest our universe is just over 6000 years old. I suggest that the way you derive distances (through time and beliefs about forces and laws far beyond where you ever will go) is very very wrong, therefore the sizes are UNKNOWN for stars. What you call a galaxy may be closer to a Christmas ornament in size! How would we know? In other words the galactic sized crashes and chaos is mostly in your head maybe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
News to me. But thanks for the attempted slander I guess.
They like telling us what we think. ;)

After all, they won't tell us what they think; but they're quick to tell us what we think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you must live on fantasy island then?
If you're not going to be serious we can forget it.
Despite the shock to your system, yes, man was created the same week as all other life on earth. Seriously. To suggest otherwise is fantasy.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have believed in evolution for many years but now in my 60s and starting to have doubts. I mean if we look at fish they have always been fish, I have never seen a fish turn into a bird. Also when I went to the zoo a few weeks ago I asked myself if we evolved from monkeys then why are these monkeys still here, surely if evolution was true then monkeys wouldn't be about? But they are, so it now makes sense to me that man did not evolve from the monkeys.

I am also skeptical about ants, was there really a common ancestor, if so what was it? A mini ant? But ants are already small. Also it's hard to vision sea plankton evolving from a rock because that's what evolution says, it says organisms came from matter and rocks originally. Sounds like a fairy-tale to me. I used to be an orthodox Christian but now I'm a spiritualist. There are cases of ectoplasm spirits telling humans in the séance room that evolution is a hoax. Am I on the right path? Are the spirits right and evolution is a hoax?

Please comment and let me know.

Tyler Snotgern MU

I believe GAP theory which doesn't say everything is only 6000 years old and that spirits are from the people that lived before this world was recreated.
The Bible, Genesis & Geology

Upvote 0