Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Snot-gern?

Is that the best you could do?
At least he is describing what he saw happened.

You guys only describe what you imagined happened.

And if it is something he only imagined happened, he is no different from you.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wings describes a function, not an anatomical structure. What homologous features are shared by birds and flying fish that are not shared by other fish?
The flying fish (water bird) is evolving into a fully formed bird. When the bird is fully evolved it will share homologous features with the flying fish.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then please show me the homologous anatomical features that the two share.
When the bird is fully evolved from the flying fish it will share homologous anatomical features with the flying fish. Be patient

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I am not a creationist. I am having doubts about evolution that is all. I have been researching spiritualism for twenty years and I discovered it contradicts evolution. There are reports of mediums such as Leslie Flint channelling spirits who have claimed evolution is a hoax. Surely spirits don't lie? I suspect this evolution might be a hoax. Ectoplasm is 100% genuine, it is not cheesecloth like the skeptics say.

Even if spirits existed, and even if they didn't lie, that doesn't mean Leslie Flint isn't lying about having channeled them or what they claimed when she channeled them.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The flying fish (water bird) is evolving into a fully formed bird. When the bird is fully evolved it will share homologous features with the flying fish.

Are you calling the flying fish a transitional species?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
When the bird is fully evolved from the flying fish it will share homologous anatomical features with the flying fish. Be patient

So now you can predict the future?

You claimed that the flying fish was transitional between fish and birds. In order for it to be transitional it needs a mixture of characteristics between fish and birds. Since you can not point to a single derived feature in flying fish that is homologous to birds, then there is no way that the flying fish would ever be mistaken for a half-fish, half-bird. It would be understood to be a fish evolving flight independent of birds or any other lineage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Are you calling the flying fish a transitional species?

He called it a transitional bird in post #40. It is another example of creationists not understanding what transitional means. They think that simply because it has a wing it makes it a bird, as if that is what biologists look at.

I have also read on these forums where people would claim that biologists would mistake a non-transitional species as being transitional because it is in between the size of two other species, as if that is what evolutionists look at either.

At the end of the day, creationists don't understand what biologists are looking at when they try to determine relationships between species. They would benefit greatly from a vertebrate comparative anatomy class.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have debated many famous evolutionists online such as Richard Dawkins, Stephen Gould, Jerry Coyne, Deepak Chopra, forests, Eveshi, Paul Anagnostopoulos, David Bailey and Arouet but I have debunked much of their evidence. The Mk/Ultra Secret by Frank Camper contains a wealth of information of conspiracy theories related to psychic research, I believe the same thing has happened with evolution.

I was thinking you were either lying or joking from the first post... Still not sure which. Curse Poe's Law! lol

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was thinking you were either lying or joking from the first post... Still not sure which. Curse Poe's Law! lol

Looks like this dude is gone, he had a short shelf life.

Give it time and he will be back with another handle, he (or she) has already done it numerous times. The writing style is a dead give away.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Not. At. All.

Do you even book, bro?

BIL 106 - Lecture 4

analogous.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Depiction of three different creations using similar design features. Rather common from intelligent designers.

Wrong. An intelligent designer would not force poorly adapted tools to take on jobs. An intelligent designer would design each one separately. Now a very limited designer or an incompetent designer might use that trick. An intelligent one? Never.

And you probably did not even notice which features were shared.

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Wrong. An intelligent designer would not force poorly adapted tools to take on jobs. An intelligent designer would design each one separately. Now a very limited designer or an incompetent designer might use that trick. An intelligent one? Never.

And you probably did not even notice which features were shared.

And it appears that he did just that using similar design features. Just how are you qualified to theorize how an intelligent designer, wiser than yourself, would design living organisms?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And it appears that he did just that using similar design features. Just how are you qualified to theorize how an intelligent designer, wiser than yourself, would design living organisms?

So you believe in an incompetent designer.

Remember your side is the one that claims that your god is omniscient and omnipotent. Why does he use incompetent design?

I am qualified because I can spot problems in the so called design.

What you don't want to admit is that the similar features fits perfectly into the theory of evolution, which works on good enough, not perfect. You are trying to claim you have a perfect designer, yet there are countless flaws in the design.

Here is a simple one for you, look at a group of professional football players knees and see how many had to have surgery to correct for weaknesses in our evolved knees.

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
So you believe in an incompetent designer.

Remember your side is the one that claims that your god is omniscient and omnipotent. Why does he use incompetent design?

I am qualified because I can spot problems in the so called design.

What you don't want to admit is that the similar features fits perfectly into the theory of evolution, which works on good enough, not perfect. You are trying to claim you have a perfect designer, yet there are countless flaws in the design.

Here is a simple one for you, look at a group of professional football players knees and see how many had to have surgery to correct for weaknesses in our evolved knees.

It is now 6000+/- years and many generations since created perfection has fallen into sin. So how do you figure that into your "spotting bad design"?

You may think you are fooling others or even yourself with these excuses but you are not fooling me.

Upvote 0