Former Defense Secretary Esper's New Book: "Can't You Just Shoot Them in the Legs..."

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
'Can't you just shoot them?': Former defense secretary says Trump wanted violence against Floyd protesters (yahoo.com)

Just when I thought I couldn't hear anything worse about the former president, a new Cabinet member writes a new book about his personal experience.

So much anger and hatred.

What scares me most is that there are Americans who still support a former president who wanted to invoke a 19th century insurrection act to shoot and crack skulls of protesters. How much anger and hatred does it take to want the military to take up arms against civilians, most of whom are just exercising their first amendment rights?

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The "so much anger and hatred" is coming from the left. They have so much hatred they buy every story, without any evidence or proof. Its funny out of all the books that already came out, that this wasn't mentioned until just now in another book. It's almost like these former cabinet members are making things up for sales. :scratch::scratch::scratch:

These riots were much deadlier and more violent than Jan. 6, but from what I can read in here, you guys want them all hanged, shot, and quartered for exercising their first amendment rights.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
These comments weren't in other books because they were from conversations with the Secretary of the Defense who wrote the book.

Secretary Esper was fired by Trump in November, 2020, even though he kept the former president's directives confidential until now.

Many staffers and cabinet members of the former president have written books about their experiences. In many cases the evidence they present corroborate one another, but all of them paint a portrait of uncontrolled impulsive megalomania in an individual who has no inkling of the Constitution he swore to support.

As to your allegations about the protests that took place after the murder of George Floyd (since the murderer was convicted, I can safely call it murder), there were no attempts to overthrow the U.S. government by those protesters.

Every protest movement can attract a few bad apples who resort to violence, but that doesn't mean the entire movement is bad.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its funny out of all the books that already came out, that this wasn't mentioned until just now in another book. It's almost like these former cabinet members are making things up for sales.

yes, it was reported before:

Trump told top military officials to 'shoot' protesters in the leg and 'crack their skulls,' new book claims
esnodgrass@businessinsider.com (Erin Snodgrass) - Jun 24, 2021

Trump told top military officials to 'shoot' protesters in the leg and 'crack their skulls,' new book claims

"Frankly, We Did Win This Election: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost," Wall Street Journal reporter Michael Bender details how Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley frequently found himself as the one voice of resistance during heated discussions in the Oval Office as Trump's rhetoric escalated in response to the eruption of civil unrest in 2020, according to the book."

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, the entire BLM movement is bad and corrupt. You question why Trump supporters still support him, but you guys shrug off every single Biden accusation. You shrugged off every single Clinton accusation. We're supposed to believe you care about #metoo and women's rights, but don't care about accusations against Democrats. Both BLM and #metoo are political tools to use against Republicans and nothing more.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
'Can't you just shoot them?': Former defense secretary says Trump wanted violence against Floyd protesters (yahoo.com)

Just when I thought I couldn't hear anything worse about the former president, a new Cabinet member writes a new book about his personal experience.

What scares me most is that there are Americans who still support a former president who wanted to invoke a 19th century insurrection act to shoot and crack skulls of protesters. How much anger and hatred does it take to want the military to take up arms against civilians, most of whom are just exercising their first amendment rights?
It was hyperbole when Fiona Glenanne used it in Burn Notice, a semi-popular spy fiction. I'm sure it was hyperbole used in the Trump administration. But feel free to think that Trump wanted to shoot you if that's your pleasure. The reality was that cities burned in 2020 and that was sponsored by the left. Minneapolis anyone?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
responding to your claim that he has supporters

he will never, ever be in White House again as President
thankfully!
Yeah, you guys said that the first time he ran. He is currently more popular than Biden is. Just because people in the White House, mostly liberals, didn't like him doesn't mean a thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
but NOW twice impeached ....
If he isn't re-elected you can't impeach him anymore! Wouldn't it be fun for you to impeach him four or five times? Maybe even have monthly impeachments?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These riots were much deadlier and more violent than Jan. 6, but from what I can read in here, you guys want them all hanged, shot, and quartered for exercising their first amendment rights.
First amendment right to storm the capital?:scratch:

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
from what I can read in here, you guys want them all hanged, shot, and quartered for exercising their first amendment rights.
At this point when you wrote this sentence, it looks began to do a real wrong of making an outright false accusation against some people in the thread (and making false accusations is breaking one of the 10 Commandments actually, the one about 'false witness'), and so that's something you'd need to repent from because there is a Judge we will all face who can see all things. If we repent He is just and merciful to forgive (1rst John chapter 1)

I tell people on both sides at times this same message: don't let your politics lead you into breaking the instructions God gave to us about how we treat one another.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It was hyperbole when Fiona Glenanne used it in Burn Notice, a semi-popular spy fiction. I'm sure it was hyperbole used in the Trump administration.
I’m not convinced the man has the depth for such nuance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, you guys said that the first time he ran. He is currently more popular than Biden is
I look forward, with Pollyanna like optimism, to not having to choose between the two on a ballot.

• Optimistic
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hind sight is 20/20.. so seems were talking about people that wrote books? So I am guessing any of those books are just filled with the facts? Like watching left wing news and the right at times :) Just after "George Floyd" happened on TV I watched a black man talking about other crimes and one where what happen to George Floyd.. the same thing happen to another man.. yet this man was white. Yeah he gave the name everything and.. odd that white man is angel nothing.. no one remembers him. Yep same crime done by cops yet.. the man was no black.

As for elections.. sure lets put another DEM up there. I would vote for anyone wanting to make America great again MEGA. Then someone that keeps their word. HAHA president Trump was allot of things but ran once and was president and did what so many never do is keep his word. I always loved how some talked about OBAMA. I watched Obama in a interview while he was running and told of all the things he planned to do. Jesus was talked about allot here. Yet after all was said and one.. that man flipped on almost everything he said that day. So .. I pray hope Trump runs and wins. We need hope. WHO is out there giving America hope? If I offended for give me never meant to.

Trump can still pull a crowd like no other one today. Every time I watch some rally I see WHITE BLACK HISPANIC ASIAN! I see America.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It sounds like the left is using another example of hearsay drama to distract attention away from Biden's failed presidency and towards a former president that is no longer relevant. Let's not talk about the crisis at the border, the inflation crisis, gas prices, Biden's connections to his son's illegal activities, the failed withdraw in Afghanistan, a rising Chinese aggression, and the failed COVID policies and let's talk about Trump instead. I predict that the major talking point from the left during the 2024 election will be the "Jan 6th insurrection" and the "Trump threat" because there is literally nothing else Biden or democrats can show in their favor.

Anyone with any shred of integrity cannot possibly suggest that this country is any better under any circumstance since Biden took office. Therefore, it is sad that the only defence of the current administration is, "Yes, Biden is terrible...but at least he isn't Trump." Regardless of the fact that almost every measurable metric has gotten worse since Biden took office.

So, getting to the topic at hand, who freaking cares about what Trump is claimed to have said while president? Because the truth is that, regardless of Trumps flaws, he is easily 10 times the president Joe Biden will ever be.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the entire BLM movement is bad and corrupt. You question why Trump supporters still support him, but you guys shrug off every single Biden accusation. You shrugged off every single Clinton accusation. We're supposed to believe you care about #metoo and women's rights, but don't care about accusations against Democrats. Both BLM and #metoo are political tools to use against Republicans and nothing more.

Here's an idea: Why don't we come down hard on Biden, BLM, AND Trump? Wouldn't that be sweet? I'm all for that.

Esper sounds like a credible source to me, and it fits right in with Trump's personality. Fortunately, Trump has a problem finding enough yes men who are willing to go all the way with his crazy ideas.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Here's an idea: Why don't we come down hard on Biden, BLM, AND Trump? Wouldn't that be sweet? I'm all for that.

Esper sounds like a credible source to me, and it fits right in with Trump's personality. Fortunately, Trump has a problem finding enough yes men who are willing to go all the way with his crazy ideas.
It's past time to end the two party dominance of political life in this country. They are no longer serving us but think we owe one or the other of them our vote. We don't owe them a thing.

Upvote 0