Former atheist Howard Storm asks about holocaust during his NDE?!

Do you believe that some NDE accounts fit with scripture?

• Yes, I believe that some NDE accounts are genuine meetings with the Messiah or angels.

• Maybe but perhaps some NDE accounts are of a meeting with Satan?!

• No, the near death experience accounts are mostly false and misleading.

• I don't know enough about this subject yet to express an opinion?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Listening to their NDE stories doesn't jive with biblical accounts of meeting with God.

Is the Book of Baruch in the Catholic Bible really from the scribe of the Prophet Jeremiah?

"[6] For my angel is with you: And I myself will demand an account of your souls."

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Actually.... it is amazing how many similarities exist between the NDE of somebody in Japan to somebody in North America.

IF........ the being of light who reviews lives with people in Japan.......
eventually is proven to be none other than Messiah Yeshua - Jesus in H-s .... Word / Logos/ I AM form.....
then.... there is really no contradiction whatsoever?!

"it is amazing how many similarities exist between the NDE of somebody in Japan to somebody in North America"

Not at all surprising if the two persons are both Christians.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese accounts become less Western, the further back in time you go. And the Catholic Christians in Japan would have different visions from the Protestant Catholics in Japan. Protestants typically don't get Marian visions, but a nun in Akita got a Marian vision. Interesting that out of ALL the people in Akita who could have a stylistically Catholic vision, it would be ... a Catholic nun !

In any case, most visions and NDE contradict each other, and those that don't tend be so vague as to be meaningless.

The Catholics all have distinctly Catholic visions that no non-Catholic would have, and so on. Your personally chosen religion determines what visionary experiences you have. If you are exposed to art depicting Yeshua as a brunet with long hair, you are likely to visualize him appearing as such.

Last edited:
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Is the Book of Baruch in the Catholic Bible really from the scribe of the Prophet Jeremiah?

"[6] For my angel is with you: And I myself will demand an account of your souls."

Your quote from Baruch doesn't answer the statement.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Your quote from Baruch doesn't answer the statement.

That statement from Baruch sure seems to fit with the "Life Review" part that so many near death experiencers report having.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"it is amazing how many similarities exist between the NDE of somebody in Japan to somebody in North America"

I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese accounts become less Western, the further back in time you go. And the Catholic Christians in Japan would have different visions from the Protestant Catholics in Japan. Protestants typically don't get Marian visions, but a nun in Akita got a Marian vision. Interesting that out of ALL the people in Akita who could have a stylistically Catholic vision, it would be ... a Catholic nun !

In any case, most visions and NDE contradict each other, and those that don't tend be so vague as to be meaningless.

The Catholics all have distinctly Catholic visions that no non-Catholic would have, and so on. Your personally chosen religion determines what visionary experiences you have. If you are exposed to art depicting Yeshua as a brunet with long hair, you are likely to visualize him appearing as such.

If you research the near death experience of Ms. Beverly Brodsky you will find that
she felt she had met The Messiah in the form of the being of light........ I agree.....
but it is interesting that although she felt he had once been a human.... . the being
of light did not tell Ms. Brodsky his name.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
I know how powerful the NDE testimonies are. But when you study scripture for your foundation, then the testimonies have falsies. There is no specific scriptural support for near-death experiences. We need to be extremely careful in how we validate our experiences. The most important test of any experience is comparing it with the Bible. Satan is always ready to cause deception and twist people's thinking.

2 Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

What is the first lie? what would be the strongest delusion? And near death experiences are suppose to be our proof that there is life immediately after death.....Many who have NDEs talk about encountering a being, or beings, of light, who they believe are the dead, angels, or even God Himself. Yet in almost all cases these personalities never teach them the most generic biblical truths. Instead, they utter comforting platitudes about love, peace, and goodness, but nothing about sin, the need of Christ’s atoning blood, or the coming judgment. One would think that while supposedly getting a taste of the Christian afterlife, they would have gotten a taste of Christian truth, not a bunch of goofy New Age sentimentality. No wonder most of those who had NDEs come away less inclined toward Christianity than they were before having “died.” Despite these and other obvious problems, many Christians see these NDEs as infomercials of life after death and an affirmation of their faith.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know how powerful the NDE testimonies are. But when you study scripture for your foundation, then the testimonies have falsies. There is no specific scriptural support for near-death experiences. We need to be extremely careful in how we validate our experiences. The most important test of any experience is comparing it with the Bible. Satan is always ready to cause deception and twist people's thinking.

2 Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

What is the first lie? what would be the strongest delusion? And near death experiences are suppose to be our proof that there is life immediately after death.....Many who have NDEs talk about encountering a being, or beings, of light, who they believe are the dead, angels, or even God Himself. Yet in almost all cases these personalities never teach them the most generic biblical truths. Instead, they utter comforting platitudes about love, peace, and goodness, but nothing about sin, the need of Christ’s atoning blood, or the coming judgment. One would think that while supposedly getting a taste of the Christian afterlife, they would have gotten a taste of Christian truth, not a bunch of goofy New Age sentimentality. No wonder most of those who had NDEs come away less inclined toward Christianity than they were before having “died.” Despite these and other obvious problems, many Christians see these NDEs as infomercials of life after death and an affirmation of their faith.

Perhaps real life after death is less judgy and negative than you would want people to think? (Or, perhaps it's all in our brains!)

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In truth, though, if the basic theology governing the universe is that that there is One God and that Jesus is His Son, Mediator, Servant, and our only Way to God, you'd think most (at least) Near Death Experiences would leave the visionary with some kind of essential information on this Truth. Why allow someone to come to the edge of Paradise and give them zero information that is truly pertinent? And why do many of these Near Death Experiences fail to mention Christ at all? Vague beings of light could be anything. Doesn't Satan himself sometimes disguise himself as an angel of light, too?
Perhaps real life after death is less judgy and negative than you would want people to think? (Or, perhaps it's all in our brains!)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In truth, though, if the basic theology governing the universe is that that there is One God and that Jesus is His Son, Mediator, Servant, and our only Way to God, you'd think most (at least) Near Death Experiences would leave the visionary with some kind of essential information on this Truth. Why allow someone to come to the edge of Paradise and give them zero information that is truly pertinent? And why do many of these Near Death Experiences fail to mention Christ at all? Vague beings of light could be anything. Doesn't Satan himself sometimes disguise himself as an angel of light, too?

True!

Those are good questions but Isaiah chapter 45 talks about ancient King Cyrus as being like Messiah Yeshua - Jesus somehow. King Cyrus gave freedom of religion to the Jewish people and decreed the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Temple of Solomon.

King Cyrus also gave freedom of religion to all 127 provinces of the Medo - Persian Empire so this implies that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus may be working in and through other religious groups in ways that are not easy for us to discern just yet.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

What near death experiencer Mrs. Ariela Solsol Pereira was shown about the issue abortion issue was indeed far less "judgsy" than we might tend to think.

Although yes...... she was shown that this issue is extremely important to G-d.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/near-death-experiences-and-abortion.7948095/

Near death experiences and ABORTION.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Google Mrs. Ariela Solsol Pereira. Read her NDE account and see if you can find even one contradiction to even one scripture?

I can't!

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
Google Mrs. Ariela Solsol Pereira. Read her NDE account and see if you can find even one contradiction to even one scripture?

I can't!
"His Sacred Heart"

She never was in the Presence of "Holy".. everything warm and fuzzy.... No words spoken in scripture alive... all of it was within the catholic version of the way they think it is...

What I mean by "scripture alive"... is that God speaks and the Word of God comes alive... Every Word...

When you are in God's Presence, you are overwhelmed by it....For all eternity the angels before Him cry out "Holy Holy" and it ain't for nothing... it is because it is overwhelming.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"His Sacred Heart"

She never was in the Presence of "Holy".. everything warm and fuzzy.... No words spoken in scripture alive... all of it was within the catholic version of the way they think it is...

What I mean by "scripture alive"... is that God speaks and the Word of God comes alive... Every Word...

When you are in God's Presence, you are overwhelmed by it....For all eternity the angels before Him cry out "Holy Holy" and it ain't for nothing... it is because it is overwhelming.

In chapter 5 of her book though she recounts how.... although she was raised as a Catholic, during her NDE Messiah Yeshua - Jesus told her that she was Jewish. She has already made Aliyah to Israel and lives there.

You can read a few paragraphs of her account here.....

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-told-she-was-jewish-moves-to-israel.7951659/

Catholic near death experiencer told she was Jewish...moves to Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's really interesting!

I don't know what Messianic Jews believe when it comes to salvation and who is ultimately saved.

I believe salvation has been made available to all men since Adam where God sacrificed an animal to Adam and Eve, and every man who had faith in that sacrifice for their sin by God, touched upon the faith realization of Christ's covenant in their heart. It was given to the first man, and Abel demonstrated his obedience to what God had taught them.

As for NDE's a lot of them have this quality where it seems as though, "We all go to heaven, and it's happily ever after."

I think it's possible a lot of people have touched upon the heart faith God requires for salvation, but I also do not favor just because bad things happened to you, you get saved by default. I still hold out hope for those people, but I do not think they were automatically saved because the world did them wrong.

God was going to use me to minister to a family member and invite them to church. They lived a hard life on drugs. I chickened out when the moment came. They died of drug overdose in their early twenties. They had been addicted since a teen, and were never that bright of a person. And I don't understand everything, but I do know that my failure in that matter where I made the choice for them to send them to hell if that is where they went, that choice I made for them could never be mine to make... it was a failure of a grand magnitude and it has to be answered for at the cross of Jesus.

And when God answers for my sin, he answers for the consequence in full and then some. And so I have hope because of this. Not hope that I am free of guilt, I am free of it. Hope and faith that the covenant answers for the sins paid for in his blood, and when a sin is paid for, it is truly paid for in full.

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic

Not if it is really from God, and then it is all in His perspective... shocking and real awakening to the truth untarnished by the things of earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not if it is really from God, and then it is all in His perspective... shocking and real awakening to the truth untarnished by the things of earth.

My perspective on the whole death topic is pretty simple. I believed what was taught at the time Messiah walked among Y'Israel. You die, go to the grave and are there until the ressurection.

Paul speaks of those saints who "have already fallen asleep." Clearly, if Paul believed that the soul goes to heaven he would have used language other than that which we see in scripture.

So what are these NDE's? Many are deception while some others are perhaps visions that G-d has given to those who are walking with G-d or those who He will use this experience to lead them to repentance.

The singular issue I have with them is that they suggest support for the idea that when you die "you go to heaven" I challenge any believer to show where scripture teaches that. Especially since Messiah taught directly against it....

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's really interesting!

I don't know what Messianic Jews believe when it comes to salvation and who is ultimately saved.

I believe salvation has been made available to all men since Adam where God sacrificed an animal to Adam and Eve, and every man who had faith in that sacrifice for their sin by God, touched upon the faith realization of Christ's covenant in their heart. It was given to the first man, and Abel demonstrated his obedience to what God had taught them.

As for NDE's a lot of them have this quality where it seems as though, "We all go to heaven, and it's happily ever after."

I think it's possible a lot of people have touched upon the heart faith God requires for salvation, but I also do not favor just because bad things happened to you, you get saved by default. I still hold out hope for those people, but I do not think they were automatically saved because the world did them wrong.

God was going to use me to minister to a family member and invite them to church. They lived a hard life on drugs. I chickened out when the moment came. They died of drug overdose in their early twenties. They had been addicted since a teen, and were never that bright of a person. And I don't understand everything, but I do know that my failure in that matter where I made the choice for them to send them to hell if that is where they went, that choice I made for them could never be mine to make... it was a failure of a grand magnitude and it has to be answered for at the cross of Jesus.

And when God answers for my sin, he answers for the consequence in full and then some. And so I have hope because of this. Not hope that I am free of guilt, I am free of it. Hope and faith that the covenant answers for the sins paid for in his blood, and when a sin is paid for, it is truly paid for in full.

Former Atheist Howard Storm made it clear that he had to humbly......
pray to G-d and ask for help.........

before Messiah Yeshua - Jesus went to him.....
and led him up out of the mess that he was in.........

What he reports sure helps to explain......

Mat 5:30

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."

His account also helps to explain......
Isa 57:15

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that isof a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
If you research the near death experience of Ms. Beverly Brodsky you will find that
she felt she had met The Messiah in the form of the being of light........ I agree.....
but it is interesting that although she felt he had once been a human.... . the being
of light did not tell Ms. Brodsky his name.
Angel of light.... she couldn't tell the difference if it was an evil angel pretending to be Jesus or the real thing because it followed her Catholic understandings and thus she thought what it wanted her to think... but it was a delusion...meeting the real Holy One of Israel is mindblowing experience that would have tore the Catholic doctrines asunder, and left her in shock.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Angel of light.... she couldn't tell the difference if it was an evil angel pretending to be Jesus or the real thing because it followed her Catholic understandings and thus she thought what it wanted her to think... but it was a delusion...meeting the real Holy One of Israel is mindblowing experience that would have tore the Catholic doctrines asunder, and left her in shock.

On the other hand.......
what really is the probability of Satan being...... against abortion........
and heavily in favour of the security of Israel?

Upvote 0